collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'd like to take a moment...  (Read 334 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
I'd like to take a moment...
« on: May 15, 2015, 07:37:52 AM »
to reintroduce myself :)

Hi there -

Long time pony fan, but I really have not been an active member of the collecting communities for a while. My two year old daughter recently became smitten with ponies, so I got a little nostalgic and started visiting the MLPTP again. I got an email notification from here for an event or something and I was like 'Oh yeah, there are two MLP communities,' so I figured I would pop in for a visit and check it out.

My life is a lot different than it was when I used to frequent the boards. I am a Stay at Home, Homeschooling Mama to two babies (hopefully more someday soon). I have a son who just turned five and a two and a half year old daughter. We are really just starting our homeschooling journey, but I have loved every second of being a SAHM. I kind of fall into the crunchy Mama group. I love baby wearing, I chose to extended nurse both of my children and we eat an organic, whole food diet (among other things).

I got married in 2008 and we just celebrated our anniversary last weekend. It fell on Mother's Day. I really do not collect many toys these days. I have a few things, but I mostly buy things for my kids. Not vintage toys, because I do not think they are safe (long story, the short version is my daughter was lead poisoned at 10 months), but our house still looks like a toy shop blew up in it. I buy a lot of handmade toys off of Etsy, but we do have some mainstream character toys. My son is smitten with Transformers and my daughter loves SSC.

Hmmmm, outside of that I paper craft and I am trying to teach myself to sew. I play the XBox (when the babies are sleeping) and I love to read. Oh and Bubbles is my favorite G1 pony, but I also fancy the MGR and TE ponies as well. Thanks for reading!

Carol Ann aka Ice Empress aka Icey :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like to take a moment...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »
Welcome back to the arena :) sounds like a lot has happen in your life!

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »
Welcome back to the Arena! I'm Lauren.  :)

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter when she was 10 months. Hope all is well now though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
Thank you :) Lead poisoning effects are more long term, but being a homeschooling family will be helpful because if she does have any damage from it (behaviorally or learning wise) I can tailor my teaching style to her needs. She does have one very visible, physical side effect from it, but beside that she seems to be doing really well. She is incredibly smart and ridiculously adorable. I have been blessed with two amazing babies <3

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:09:14 PM »
Welcome back to the arena:)  :frolic:
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
Welcome back to the Arena and best of luck with the homeschooling. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 07:35:56 AM »
Welcome back to the Arena :frolic:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
Welcome back, Icey!

Best of luck with all your homeschooling, I really like the idea of buying handmade toys for your children. Hope to see you pop up a little more now!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »
Thanks everyone! I think homeschooling is going to be an awesome and slightly scary adventure. We became members of all of the local museums and the zoo and all sorts of educational places so we can do some hands on learning as well as book work :) Some day we want to buy an RV so we can travel to some of the places we learn about as well. We have always encouraged the kids to learn through open play, so they already know a lot of things they are supposed to learn and they did so by playing. I was always a hands on learner, so it will be interesting to see their learning styles develop. I hate to admit it, but I may have been bitten by the MLP bug as well. I am already contemplating getting a few ponies of my own ;)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 04:27:45 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! Or welcome back, I guess? haha

My sister recently started homeschooling their daughter who just turned 5, and plans to homeschool the others as well. So far, they all really enjoy it, and I agree that it was probably the best fit for their family. Which curriculum are you using? My sister's using Oak Meadow.  :)

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
I think for the first year we are actually not going to pick a curriculum only because kindergarten stuff is so easy to do on your own and there are sites like Easy Peasy Homeschooling :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal