collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 51178 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #525 on: June 28, 2015, 07:42:47 AM »
Honestly I would love to see an exclusive of a pony that doesn't already have a release.  I think that's why I was really happy when :muffin: Pony became an exclusive.  I didn't care for DJ at all, nor did I like the style of Mane-iac.  (I passed on the later two - they weren't brushables and thus I didn't need them.)  I will say I'm immensely pleased that they've gone back to the brushable style pony, and more so that she's a Fashion Style.  Perhaps that's why I'm not super disappointed this year that it is just a slightly different rendition of Pinkie in a costume (and uber duber cute box-bucket!).

I will say though, the first thing my sister said was - "ANOTHER Pinkie Pie!?"  Yes, she's really really over-done.  But - she is kind of the "Lead" pony for Hasbro's Toy line.

I mean, the very very first exlusive pony released, before G3's were even out, was the Licensing Show Pinkie Pie.  And Pinkie has always taken a lead role for their company.  So truly I'm not surprised.  But yes, I do agree that her exclusive release list is quite long in comparison to other ponies:

*Licensing Show Pinkie pie (2003)
*MLP Fair Pinkie (2007)
*MLP Fair/SDCC (2015) 

However, I do absolutely love her.  :)  My big thing is...she is NOT a $50 toy.  I would say $30 MAX, and even that's stretching it.  >.<
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:44:18 AM by cloud_weaver »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #526 on: June 28, 2015, 09:08:13 AM »
I would love to have her. It's super adorable and I like the packaging. I would share her with my little brother who loves that outfit. But nah, not for that price. I'll just go make that costume. I'll just go make all if them now :/

Nothing on funko or EQG?

I just want KFC now.

Post Merge: June 28, 2015, 09:08:48 AM

Heck, they could make this an entire line!

Princess Lala

« Reply #527 on: June 28, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »
I know she is a FS pony, but is her bucket big and heavy? It looks slightly heavy with all that packaging LOL

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 28, 2015, 03:36:01 PM »
Lol here's an idea. Send the Hasbro reps pictures of some customised ponies that collectors are commissioning, give them ideas of what we really want. :P
I think it's a shame that people were being rude to the booth staff, that's just not on.  :huh:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 28, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
Lol here's an idea. Send the Hasbro reps pictures of some customised ponies that collectors are commissioning, give them ideas of what we really want. :P
I think it's a shame that people were being rude to the booth staff, that's just not on.  :huh:
wait whaaaat? what happened?  :shocked:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 28, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
i must say im really really glad thats the exclusive and not a new character, it may sound selfish,
 but they are so out of most peoples reach that don't live in America.
i was so sad when i couldn't get a FS :muffin: Pony way back, i only got her now as someone sold her here in NZ from ebay and no one wanted to pay the Int' shipping, i would have been looking at $100-$150 to get her other wise. and im an avid brushables and fashion style collector....must set complete :P

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 28, 2015, 05:17:36 PM »

I will be so disappointed if this turns out to be an Arena member!!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:48 PM »
I went to talk to the Hasbro reps and I assured them that I wasn't going to harass them and just had some suggestions.  They were really nice, so it sucks to hear that people were being rude to them.  That's not very mature, now is it? :mad:

In other news, there were a lot of kids that seemed excited over chicken Pinkie Pie. When I was waiting to get mine signed by Andrea Libman, two little girls kept pestering their mom to get them the box I had.  It was funny.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 28, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »

I don't know what was happening but I've seen it mentioned that the staff were getting verbally abused? Maybe someone who attended the fair can shed some light on the atmosphere and situation. If I'm mistaken and there wasn't any rudeness I do apologise, I'm just repeating what I've heard. :blush:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 28, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »
I didn't hear exactly what was said, but I was waiting for my husband to get out of the restroom on Friday and this guy, who was with his girlfriend, was being very rude to one of the Hasbro reps. I could hear one of the reps say, "We can't please everybody." The guy didn't sound very pleasant. I'm not sure if it was about the Fair pony or the merch that they had to show, but his tone was so rude.

I didn't really chat with the reps much, but they liked my EQG Rarity costume. One of them asked why Rarity was my favorite pony and I explained why. She also asked if I collected mostly Rarity (or something along those lines) and I told her I do mostly collect Rarity, but a few other ponies who catch my eye. The other asked if I would like a picture taken with their glowing Rarity toy. I gave her my phone and she took a picture. It was fun! They were very nice.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 28, 2015, 08:58:47 PM »

I don't know what was happening but I've seen it mentioned that the staff were getting verbally abused? Maybe someone who attended the fair can shed some light on the atmosphere and situation. If I'm mistaken and there wasn't any rudeness I do apologise, I'm just repeating what I've heard. :blush:
I don't think they really care what MLP collectors want as this is also the SDCC pony so they are going to cater more to mainsteam tastes. Anyways the pony itself is cute it's just unfortunately Hasbro has gotten into the Highway Robbery business.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #536 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:20 PM »
I didn't hear exactly what was said, but I was waiting for my husband to get out of the restroom on Friday and this guy, who was with his girlfriend, was being very rude to one of the Hasbro reps. I could hear one of the reps say, "We can't please everybody." The guy didn't sound very pleasant. I'm not sure if it was about the Fair pony or the merch that they had to show, but his tone was so rude.

I didn't really chat with the reps much, but they liked my EQG Rarity costume. One of them asked why Rarity was my favorite pony and I explained why. She also asked if I collected mostly Rarity (or something along those lines) and I told her I do mostly collect Rarity, but a few other ponies who catch my eye. The other asked if I would like a picture taken with their glowing Rarity toy. I gave her my phone and she took a picture. It was fun! They were very nice.
That's very cute! I'm glad the rep took out her time to make sure you had fun! PROPS to this worker!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 28, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
Now I'll definitely have to find a good spot for my Chicken Pie!

:frolic:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 28, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »

That's very cute! I'm glad the rep took out her time to make sure you had fun! PROPS to this worker!
They were really great. They made me feel comfortable since I'm really shy. It's hard to tell how they might react to being in an environment like this with different kinds of fans. I'm glad they were very kind to me.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #539 on: June 29, 2015, 05:52:12 AM »
Yeah, the hasbro reps were super nice.  My daughter went over and started playing with all the toys while I was getting something signed and I was horrified.  You know the whole, look but don't touch thing.  But the reps encouraged her to play with everything and even told her to put the remote controlled Pinkie and scooter on the ground and drive her around.  They then chatted with my son about whether he liked ponies or not.  And we talked about San Diego for a while because we're both going to comic con.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal