collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50769 times)

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #495 on: June 27, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
from the looks of it the outer shell looks plastic, FINALLY, THANK YOU HASBRO! I'm so happy they went with plastic instead of the usual cardboard-y stuff they usually use. (My Muffins came banged up in the mail...still not happy about that)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
from the looks of it the outer shell looks plastic, FINALLY, THANK YOU HASBRO! I'm so happy they went with plastic instead of the usual cardboard-y stuff they usually use. (My Muffins came banged up in the mail...still not happy about that)

Oh my gosh!   I think this is the best news yet! !! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »
I don't watch the show or pay attention to G4 at all anymore, but I really like this. Its silly and dumb and not worth $50 but I need chicken Pinkie in my life. The box is hilarious! Even my boyfriend loves her. I really hope the price drops somehow and we're able to scoop her up.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Hasbrotoyshop will be selling her after SDCC this year on their shop - but I don't think they EVER bring down exclusive prices. As I recall, even though DJ P0n3 sat around for weeks and weeks, she never came down in price, and I think she was exempt from all of their pony sale prices, too. So your only luck would be buying from a collector who was taking a loss, unfortunately. :(

I think the idea for the exclusive was a cute one, for sure; I like the packaging, I like the little costume, it's all very cute! I like that it's a shoutout to the comic, too! But another Pinkie, for $50, and the only difference is eyepaint and a little costume...? :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 27, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »
(Could someone clarify how this is a shoutout to the comic? It looks to me like the outfit she wore in the show's halloween episode, but I know there are a lot of issues I haven't read.)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 27, 2015, 11:49:24 AM »
Pretty sure her outfit is from the Luna Eclipsed(?) episode of FiM Season 2. Her Halloween costume.
I never read the comics so I wouldnt know if there was a reference.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 27, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »
(Could someone clarify how this is a shoutout to the comic? It looks to me like the outfit she wore in the show's halloween episode, but I know there are a lot of issues I haven't read.)

It's shoutout to this year's SDCC exclusive comic cover for the issue #32 of the main series.

Spoiler
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:05:14 PM by Eurocoin »

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 27, 2015, 11:59:27 AM »
Oh my gosh. The exclusives are getting worse every year. The price goes up but the effort put into them drops off the map. Does Hasbro have no imagination left at all that they have to resort to a Pinkie? Pathetic for that price. I guess I don't have to feel so bad that I couldn't go this year. Keeping hoping that the folks at Hasbro will pull their head out and do something amazing but I fear that is only a disappointing dream.

Offline Violet CLM

• Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 27, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
It's shoutout to this year's SDCC exclusive comic cover for the issue #32 of the main series.

Spoiler
Okay, but those are all the same costumes that were used in the Luna Eclipsed episode.

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 27, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »
Is it really $50?!?!? Wow. Disappointing on so many levels :(

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 27, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
To me, if they were going to use a Luna Eclipse costume for the exclusive, it shoild have been Twlight or (especially) Zecora. Twilights would have been neat to see, and Zecora would have had a FS body.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #505 on: June 27, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »
TBH i don't think she's as much a shout out to the comic as the comic is a shout out to the Luna eclipsed episode in season 2. And yeah, if they're doing nightmare night costumes, I'd have much rather had Zecora. New FS pony and a cool costume would have been a better option than FS pinkie who we all already have. I mean i like her costume but it's not worth the $50 at all.

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 27, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
TBH i don't think she's as much a shout out to the comic as the comic is a shout out to the Luna eclipsed episode in season 2. And yeah, if they're doing nightmare night costumes, I'd have much rather had Zecora. New FS pony and a cool costume would have been a better option than FS pinkie who we all already have. I mean i like her costume but it's not worth the $50 at all.
I agree completely with this. I won't be getting this exclusive since it's expensive and I already have the first FS pinkie they made. IDK where the clothes are to mine so I just used a pic from Google, but this is the one I have.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #507 on: June 27, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »
I was talking to the rep from Hasbro and mentioned that I'd been hearing lots of people say they had hoped she was flutter bat.  And she was like 'Oh that's a great idea.'  So next year?  ;)

Like I said I actually really like her.  She's adorable.  And I don't think that $50 is totally over priced at $50.  The details in her costume are great and she's so cute.

I had Andrea Libman sin her too.  So now she's a bit more special.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 27, 2015, 04:50:53 PM »
I was talking to the rep from Hasbro and mentioned that I'd been hearing lots of people say they had hoped she was flutter bat.  And she was like 'Oh that's a great idea.'  So next year?  ;)

Like I said I actually really like her.  She's adorable.  And I don't think that $50 is totally over priced at $50.  The details in her costume are great and she's so cute.

I had Andrea Libman sin her too.  So now she's a bit more special.

Ahh so jelly, that autograph makes her even more awesome!

This is actually the first exclusive since :muffin: that I like, mostly because she's not insanely blingy... not a single gem or pinch of glitter in sight!
I think doing Twilight in her costume would have been better, maybe packaged in a spell book. It's a shame, now that I've said it I want it... Hire me Hasbro, I'll think up better exclusives for you! You need a collector in your midst with their finger on the pulse!

Zecora is much more in the theme of TRU's exclusive, so maybe that might be brewing for future store release? ;)

In any case, I definiely want this one. :P

And can we please nip Flutterbat in the bud? I don't understand why so many people adore her. I found that entire episode just ugh. Maybe if they had a go at Twilight (the books, I should clarify) at the same time, made her extra pale yellow and covered her entirely in glitter...!  :lol:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 27, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
I like the exclusive. And I feel sorry for the poor hasbro people, seriously the stuff I overheard standing at that table...yeesh. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal