collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you had a bridal Pony as a kid, what did you do for a groom?  (Read 924 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Any bridal Pony: Satin N Lace, Pony Bride, Bridal Beauty, Dainty Dove.... None of the poor things (with the exception of Cadance in G4, of course) were released with an official groom!

I have a headcanon that Tux N Tails is Satin N Lace's groom, maybe because he looks like Lucky's big brother and Lucky was the ring-bearer according to the wedding pamphlet.

Currently I'm trying to get a groom for my Pony Bride. She's all dressed up for a wedding, right down to her name, so she needs someone to marry! My original idea was Chief, but in case I can't get him, Steamer will do nicely. :) My current Big Brothers have other plans (Tex is already paired off with Posey, Salty and 4-Speed are best buds in a bachelor pad together).

But so anyway ... what did you do as a kid if you had a bridal Pony? Or alternately, if you have one now, what do you do with her? Do/did you have a Big Brother Pony you selected as a groom for her? Do/did you have a female Pony that you considered a guy and paired them together? Or do/did you have a female Pony that you left female and made a lesbian couple? ;) ... Or do/did you say "Screw the wedding idea!" and don't/didn't have the Pony be a bride at all?

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: If you had a bridal Pony as a kid, what did you do for a groom?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 01:31:07 AM »
I had the Bridal Pony as a kid and to be honest, she never married any pony. She was my wedding planner indeed, so she organized for example the wedding of my Flower Bouquet and my friend´s Molasses (male) as well as the wedding of my own Sugar Sweet and my friend´s Sugar Sweet (male, again lol). And more I think,...cant remember what couples we had besides those two.

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 01:36:16 AM »
For me, my pony bride is with wedding bells confetti (UK girl) they look so cute together and I find no need for changing a Ponies' gender just for a relationship. And my g2 dainty dove is a young female who just loves to dress up and feel very pretty :)
I do also have tux n tails and SS Satin and lace who are of course a couple!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:52:27 AM »
I had the Bridal Pony as a kid and to be honest, she never married any pony. She was my wedding planner indeed, so she organized for example the wedding of my Flower Bouquet and my friend´s Molasses (male) as well as the wedding of my own Sugar Sweet and my friend´s Sugar Sweet (male, again lol). And more I think,...cant remember what couples we had besides those two.
I like that I don't have a bride now I want one

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:08:01 AM »
I only had Dainty Dove and since I wasn't about to have her marry Clever Clover, the whole wedding chapel playset became the ruins of a temple out in the deepest part of the forest and Dainty was the keeper of the mystical ring hidden behind the altar. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:27:39 AM by Skeen »

Online flowersinherhair

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:40:39 AM »
I had Bridal Beauty as a kid, and while I was aware that she was supposed to be wedding-themed, I interpreted her all-white color scheme and fancy veil to be regal rather than bridal. I was never interested in wedding stuff, so she was just the queen of my herd! These days, if I had to pair her up, I'd choose Pony Bride.

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 11:36:12 AM »
Our Bridal beauty was allmost in every play the new pretty girl and usually she'd fall in love with one of our male ponies King(Majesty), Barnacle or Love Melody. But we never really had any weddings. Cos the guys usually allready had somebody they liked or one that liked them. Mostly she just ended declaring herself an indipendent strong woman.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
I never had a bride pony. My sister had Bridal Beauty but I don't remember any wedding games with her. I do remember, though, that in the UK comic Hasbro got away with the whole Wedding Bells but no groom release by explaining the dress as being a gift/traditional outfit from some fairy wedding that Confetti was given. In the UK there were only Confetti and the 2 later white brides anyway. Never a groom pony. Though we had Lucky he wasn't wedding related in the UK. So I guess there wasn't a lot of Bridal themes.

We used to pair up other ponies XD. We didn't let Hasbro dictate.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:26:29 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CadePony

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
You know... I had the G1 Pony Bride, yet I never really came up with a groom for her, as the only boy pony I remember that I had back then was Salty. So... my Pony Bride never got married.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
Our Bridal beauty was allmost in every play the new pretty girl and usually she'd fall in love with one of our male ponies King(Majesty), Barnacle or Love Melody. But we never really had any weddings. Cos the guys usually allready had somebody they liked or one that liked them. Mostly she just ended declaring herself an indipendent strong woman.

Why can't I remember this? :lol: I must have played ponies with someone else. :P The only pony wedding I remember having was between Love Letter and Flutterbye.

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Ackryllis

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:58 PM »

Why can't I remember this? :lol: I must have played ponies with someone else. :P The only pony wedding I remember having was between Love Letter and Flutterbye.

Because you stopped playing with ponies by the time we got more creative. :lol: And you weren't there to dictate plays so it kinda got out of hand... like the slave auctions we had for the less desired ponies.

I can't remember Love letter Flutterbye wedding.

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »
I didn't have any boy ponies growing up so I remember using Applejack and possibly Glory a few times as a male. I usually decided a pony was male if they didn't have a ton of pink on them. I remember being very confused once I found out every pony I had was supposed to be female! :lol:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »
I only had Dainty Dove and since I wasn't about to have her marry Clever Clover, the whole wedding chapel playset became the ruins of a temple out in the deepest part of the forest and Dainty was the keeper of the mystical ring hidden behind the altar.
This made me laugh more than it should have!  I probably would have done something similar has I played with ponies when I was younger. :P

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 07:58:51 PM »
When I was a kid I had the pamphlets that showed Tux and Tails and I always wanted him to complete the couple. ;P

I had the Pony Bride with the Doves on her side. Her partner was always Merry Treats and their kids were the two Rice Krispy Baby Stockings Ponies I had. It's funny because I completely forgot about that until I saw this thread. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:04:24 AM »
birthflower pony Carnation was the bride and Hopscotch was the groom :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal