collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2 collectors I need your help!  (Read 525 times)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
G2 collectors I need your help!
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:20:46 PM »
currently compiling my list of G2s I need and I'm actually stuck on weather I want all ponies in all poses  :shocked: or just one of every named pony or one of every pony with picking a pony of each similar family of ponies in the pose I like best i.e. picking one ivy over all ivys and blue pearl.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: G2 collectors I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 12:44:16 AM »
Hmm, I guess that would depend on how much you like the particular Ponies and poses. I personally wouldn't buy more than one of each named Pony, unless for some reason I really liked more than one of the poses and really wanted a Pony in two or more poses.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »
I guess the main thing is moonshadow and moonshine only diffrence tensil but i kinda want both cuz heir named. sigh like twins

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:06:25 AM »
I guess it would depend on how much you like them, how much room you have and how much you are willing to spend on them.

Personally, I only have a small G2 collection. They are not my favourite so I don't add to it very often. I avoid motion ponies as I dislike them and don't have duplicate characters.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:26:55 AM »
I guess the main thing is moonshadow and moonshine only diffrence tensil but i kinda want both cuz heir named. sigh like twins

That is a cute idea! In a situation like that, I say get both if you can.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:27:54 AM »

That is a cute idea! In a situation like that, I say get both if you can.
doesnt help moon ponies are my favorite lol

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 04:15:15 AM »
It doesn't work this way....

Once you get one, they alllll start to look good then you have two but that ivy is pretty too....its downhill from there!

Good luck!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:27 AM »

Once you get one, they alllll start to look good then you have two but that ivy is pretty too....its downhill from there!

Good luck!

I second that... haha

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 05:45:51 AM »
For me sometimes it depends on price. For example G3s- I'm definitely NOT trying to collect every pose and variant of Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, but if I get a new one in a lot, or can pick it up at a garage sale for 25 cents, am I going to reject it...? Probably  not. This is also my attitude now with G4s... I have the mane six in many poses because they're cheap at garage sales etc. Would I pay retail for a new pose? Absolutely not. I'm not even buying water cuties or cutie pox variants.

So, that's me on G2s also! If the new pose is like $1 or less and you have the room for her, why not?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »
I'm a serious G2 collector.  Let me tell you, getting all the ponies is hard.  I'm *2* away from having them all, and it's been that way for a few years now:/  I don't want to discourage you.  It's a great line, and the ponies have some seriously unique things going for them.  There are color combinations you just don't see anywhere else, and some of the accessories are just totally awesome.  And it's a much smaller line than any of the other lines, so it is technically possible to get them all if you're dedicated.  It's just a hard line to collect since most of the best stuff was released in limited quantities outside the USA, and most of the people who were liquidating their collections already did so. 

If you're not into getting a complete set of all the ponies, you might want to keep in mind that any of the later ponies can be hard to track down, and pricey if you do find them.  I'm after accessories and the ponies, which makes things 10X harder.  Loose ponies aren't as hard to get a hold of, but  again some of the later ones can give you fits even loose.

If you're unsure about what to do, you might want to check into the rarity and the cost of any of the ponies you're not that into.   I'm so close to having them all that it just makes sense for me to try to get those last two.  I was in the community when they came out, so I had a serious head start on these when I decided to go for a complete set.  They used to be pretty easy to find, but things dried up a long time ago:/  If I was just starting now, I'd think long and hard about my collection before starting down that road.  There are some pretty pricey ponies out there, if you can even find them.

I would recommend going for the babies if you can.  They're seriously adorable.  There are some *really* rare sets, but the regular twin sets are pretty easy to find(loose, loose with accessories, and even MOC), the prices can be reasonable, and they're super cute!  Though I warn you, those babies are the gateway drug for the rest of the line.  That's what got me started:p

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 12:55:10 PM »
I'm a serious G2 collector.  Let me tell you, getting all the ponies is hard.  I'm *2* away from having them all, and it's been that way for a few years now:/  I don't want to discourage you.  It's a great line, and the ponies have some seriously unique things going for them.  There are color combinations you just don't see anywhere else, and some of the accessories are just totally awesome.  And it's a much smaller line than any of the other lines, so it is technically possible to get them all if you're dedicated.  It's just a hard line to collect since most of the best stuff was released in limited quantities outside the USA, and most of the people who were liquidating their collections already did so. 

If you're not into getting a complete set of all the ponies, you might want to keep in mind that any of the later ponies can be hard to track down, and pricey if you do find them.  I'm after accessories and the ponies, which makes things 10X harder.  Loose ponies aren't as hard to get a hold of, but  again some of the later ones can give you fits even loose.

If you're unsure about what to do, you might want to check into the rarity and the cost of any of the ponies you're not that into.   I'm so close to having them all that it just makes sense for me to try to get those last two.  I was in the community when they came out, so I had a serious head start on these when I decided to go for a complete set.  They used to be pretty easy to find, but things dried up a long time ago:/  If I was just starting now, I'd think long and hard about my collection before starting down that road.  There are some pretty pricey ponies out there, if you can even find them.

I would recommend going for the babies if you can.  They're seriously adorable.  There are some *really* rare sets, but the regular twin sets are pretty easy to find(loose, loose with accessories, and even MOC), the prices can be reasonable, and they're super cute!  Though I warn you, those babies are the gateway drug for the rest of the line.  That's what got me started:p

I am also a serious collector but I only started actively collecting about two years ago. I had G2's when I was younger so I already had a few. My collection has grown quite fast since then and I am dedicated to getting them all, loose or MOC but with all the accessories. I know that it is going to be really difficult and expensive but I am glad that I started when I was 18 so I have time, but it is really hard to find them all. If you are not planning on buying them all I would recommend that you pick your favourite poses, but as mentioned above, they are going to be rarer and more expensive.. I have the babies on top of my want list, but some of them are extremely rare and expensive but I hope to have them all one day. Good luck with making a decision!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »
Sound like what ever way you decide you'll end up with all of them in the end.  :biggrin:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 10:08:29 PM »

Good luck!

So very true!

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »
I agree with the...get one...get them all situation :P

However in general; I would not worry over much at this point on which whether to make a decision on if one pony is too like another. Make a list of those you like the best...hunt for them. Don't concern yourself with comparisons just look for your favourite ponies :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal