collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-A-Bear Pony Hair Care  (Read 5295 times)

CosmicPrincess

• Trade Count: (0)
Build-A-Bear Pony Hair Care
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »
A few months ago I was able to find a Build-A-Bear Fluttershy plushie from GoodWill (best GoodWill find ever)! However her poor hair was and still is extremely tangled and matted. Where is Rarity when I need her?

I was hoping I could get some help with detangling and styling her hair. I don't have a wig brush or wig detangler and I am hoping to be able to use things around my house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :good:

Here are pictures of her mane and tail... HELP!  :drunk:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Build-A-Bear Pony Hair Care
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:57:36 AM »
hmm, that does look rough. :( My daughters BaB Celestia mane and tail are kinda hard to keep looking neat as well. I tend to spray it down with a mixture of conditioner and water, detangle it, and just tie it gently with an elastic half way down till it dries (tied loosely,mind you)

But I'm not crazy about the BaB hair, it's not as sturdy as mlp hair it seems and isn't as touchably pleasing.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:42:03 AM »
All you really need are water, a brush/comb, and conditioner.  Just wet the hair down and work conditioner in, then brush it gently.  Work in small sections and don't pull.  It might take ages but the conditioner will make the hair slippery enough to help it work itself out of the knots.  If it's frizzy when you're done you can try a straightening iron on low to smooth it back out, but remember to keep the hair slathered in conditioner as you do this. 

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 10:57:17 AM »
All you really need are water, a brush/comb, and conditioner.  Just wet the hair down and work conditioner in, then brush it gently.  Work in small sections and don't pull.  It might take ages but the conditioner will make the hair slippery enough to help it work itself out of the knots.  If it's frizzy when you're done you can try a straightening iron on low to smooth it back out, but remember to keep the hair slathered in conditioner as you do this. 

Heat works on BaB ponies? O_O?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »

Heat works on BaB ponies? O_O?

It did on my niece's Celestia.  She's 4 and Celestia goes everywhere with her, if that is any indication of how the hair might be. ;)  I used a MUCH lower setting than I normally would for ponies though.  It's not the same nylon as a brushable, obviously, plus she has those tinselly strands. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
Its worth bearing in mind (pun intended :P) that BAB hair is notoriously easy to tangle and mangle. Even a light play can result in it getting into a terrible condition. I agree with Skeen's recommendation; working it through gently with a large tooth (preferably metal) comb in section by section with water (you can continually skoosh the hair) and conditioner will do the job.

Good luck! I hope you share some "after" pictures with us.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal