collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other Collections Swap!! ~ All done!!  (Read 20315 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Partners sent!! Start shopping!
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2015, 01:34:47 AM »
Part of my wantlist thread has been eaten(I'm assuming the post got too long), so I'm reposting it here.  All future thread questions will be posted here as well.

Miscellaneous other collections:
Spoiler
Magic the Gathering:
I'm always happy to get a pack or two of Magic cards from the newest sets.  There's a dragon set out right now that I'm particularly interested in!

Cookbooks:
I do all the cooking in the house, so I'm always happy to get new ideas.  I particularly like those little cookbook magazines they sell at the checkout lane at most supermarkets, though regular cookbooks are great too!  I'm particularly looking for healthy, quick recipes.  Anything that's got "light", "healthy", or "weeknight" in the title should qualify:p

Fossils:
I particularly like trilobites.  Small and detailed ones are awesome!  I also like prehistoric shark, so some shark teeth might not be a bad idea.  I once saw someone selling "the world's smallest fossil shark teeth" on ebay, but missed out on picking some up.  If you find some *tiny* fossil shark teeth somewhere, I'd be all over that!

Nanoblocks:
I love these miniature Lego style sets.  I have a lot, but I'm always looking for more.  My amazon wishlist has a few of them listed:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_wishlist_btn

Peeps items:
I collect Peeps candy items including stickers, plush(though I do have a few of those already), and anything else I can find that's fun.
Some ideas:
http://peepsandcompany.com/brand/brands/peeps

Barbapapa:
I have a thing for Barbapapa.  It's this weird cartoon thing that's popular overseas but never seemed to catch on here.  There are a lot of items available overseas, and a few you can find here(rarely).  I'd be most interested in small plush, keychain charms, small figures, toys, or housewares.
http://www.barbapapa.com/the-barbapa-family/
Lots of items are up on ebay, though most of them are from overseas.   

Dinosaurs:
I like dinosaurs in general.

Retro scifi stuff:
I have been on a bit of a retro 50s/60s scifi kick lately, and I'd love a few items to decorate the place with.  I'm looking for the retro space ships, ray guns, and some robots mostly.  Stuff like this:
http://www.tintoyarcade.com/robots-and-space
I also like some of the Christmas ornaments:
http://www.tintoyarcade.com/christmas-shop

I think this is kind of cool too:
http://www.amazon.com/FunKo-POP-Sci-Fi-Robby-Figure/dp/B00C0ELIXM

Christmas ornaments:
Technically I collect these too.  I prefer blown glass over pretty much anything else, but I'm open to other media if the ornament is right.  I'd love to get my hands on a blown glass Loch Ness ornament, but so far have been unsuccessful.
Examples of blown glass ornaments:
http://www.oldworldchristmas.com/catalog.html?wscdet_show=000000001000001100

I like animals and stuff from my other interests best.  I don't like traditional Christmas stuff(Santa, elves, etc) or anything religious.

New Questions:

- Partner, would you be offended if I used newspaper to pad the box with?
I don't care what packing material is used as long as it doesn't damage the items inside.  The one exception would be anything that's messy and dangerous to my rabbit(like plastic confetti).  The rabbit is pretty stupid, and *loves* to eat things that will kill her.  I don't need a $2000+ trip to the vet:p  I will be opening the box far away from the bun, but stuff like confetti tends to travel.

- partner  are you ok with the  possibility of   receiving  something that  might be a fake?
For the most part no, though I am a bit leery of some fake stuff from China.  I once got a plush that was a really good fake(looked legit  - found out it was fake when I got it) that smelled very strongly of gasoline.  I don't want anything dangerous like that, but otherwise it should be ok.  I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to get fake items, but if one happens to show up in the box, I shouldn't be too bothered by it.  I would prefer legitimate items though.

- Many of you have Disney movies and characters listed but how do you feel about an item that is specific to one of the Disney Parks even if it does not contain any of the characters you have listed.
I have access to Disneyland all the time with my annual passport, so I can usually get my hands on whatever I want there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:11:17 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:33 AM »
I think I am caught up on everything and have all questions updated.

Man I am going to have to save my post after this for future swaps!

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:49 AM »
I think I am caught up on everything and have all questions updated.

Man I am going to have to save my post after this for future swaps!

I know what you mean! Some really great questions are being asked here!

I believe I am also caught up on questions. :)

~Jennifer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2015, 11:21:58 AM »
Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you?
I like to have as many pretty/cute things in my life as possible. I also like things that bring an infusion of happiness to my everyday existence. Many of the things I collect invoke happy memories as well.

What would make this the most awesome swapbox ever for you?
To be honest, I've had amazing luck with swap boxes on the Arena. I don't know if it's actually possible to get a better than all of them box. If that is really your goal Partner it's a doozie of a goal but I'll try to give you a few tips.

1) Don't include sweets. They're a fun extra but I just got some lovely filled chocolates yesterday in an amazing box for the Girls Day Doll Swap. I'll probably get more in my Girly Swap box as well. I doubt I'll need even more to tide me over. :P

2) The boxes that have really blown me away show that my partner read my posts. (I don't even have the full 500 posts needed for this swap but mkia9 graciously let me in, so this isn't too difficult of a task.  ^.^) I have received boxes where it seriously looked like my partner tracked down something from every single thing I mentioned liking. I don't expect that here because my list is crazy long but if you throw in a sticker or a trading card from some obscure thing I referenced liking somewhere, that's a definite cherry on the top.

3) I like small things and I like paper goods. Partner, if you are the type that likes to stuff the box full, head to the sticker aisle or search online for some pretty ephemera (I like cats, hearts, crowns, unicorns, pegasus, carousel horses, birds, butterflies, wings, flowers, leaves, keys and celestial themes the best) rather than tossing things in that seem to generally be cute or pretty. I try to be very, very, excruciatingly exact in my descriptions of what I like so if I haven't mentioned liking it in particular, chances are some pretty scrapbook paper or any of the above would be a better "blow-me-away" choice. (I am not saying you need to stuff the box full, the amount of things is not important, rather it's the cohesive whole of "Everything is perfectly me!" that sets the very, very, very best boxes apart.)

4) Don't be afraid to ask questions, even pointed questions or questions through mkia9 as she graciously offered to let us do. (Might want to try a question through mkia9 if you wonder if a thing is already in my collection because I'm not going to be getting pictures up for a few more days at least and you guys are sprinting straight out of the gate!  XD) I am not the type to spend much time trying to figure out who my partner is. I've never figured it out in the past. So if you need to ask "Partner, if you had to choose between a daffodil and a rose design on something, which would it be?" I'll think "perhaps that's for me," but I'm not going to read through every person in this swap's posts to verify that no one else mentioned anything they collect that could have flowers on it so I know it's about me for sure.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »
Phew, I think I finally got all the questions caught up! (They are all in my main post, page 3)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2015, 10:47:44 PM »
Updated on page 2!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2015, 07:06:57 AM »
Just ordered a bunch of neat stuff from overseas for my partner!

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
I hope it's ok that I'm going to end up maybe a few dollars over budget!  :blush: I really want to get a certain something for my partner and even though I've already spent most of the budget i'm determined to get them this thing.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »
Updated my list a bit! Mostly with images of one of my other collections (sorry it's late, partner!).

Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
Licensed ones I do! I'm always worried that the art is stolen on handmade ones purchased elsewhere.

Partner, I'm headed to http://denvercomiccon.com/ at the end of the month, see anything/one of interest to you?
Not that I can see! But it does make me realise how rubbish the London MCM Comic Con really is -_-

Partner, How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)?
I don't actually have any XD; I'm the fussiest art lover ever, I prefer things as close to the original design as possible. Or at least the personality of the character remaining the same (ie. cute chibi Xemnas scares me, evil non-chibi Xemnas makes me happy).

Partner, if something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?
As long as it's not too tarnished or faded, that's fine! My Lion King curtains are a bit faded on one side, for instance :)

do you have a pet or pets? if yes, what kind? can they have treats or toys?
A dog and a cat. Toys would be fine, treats maybe not so, because the dog has an indigestion problem, and I can guarantee you he'll try to eat the cat treats too knowing him :(

Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you?
Most of them, because they helped me through a difficult period when I was younger, getting severely bullied at school. Newer ones still make me happy and, for some reason, cure my anxiety :)

What would make this the most awesome swapbox ever for you?
Oh wow, that's a really hard question XD; I guess:
Not having much/any candy/random extras is always a plus. I already have loads of candy, and I never know what to do with extras that don't have anything to do with my interests, since there isn't much space even in drawers.

In general, paying attention to my favourite characters is a huge plus for me! Of course I'm happy with anything on my wishlist, but I love it even more when special care has been taken in selecting the items to match as best as possible! I'm also hugely fond of crazy items (like my Lion King Telephone or my Pokemon Toilet Paper) :D

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2015, 09:36:03 AM »
I think I updated my post with all the new questions!

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2015, 12:16:11 PM »
I think i might be done shopping for my partner already...! I am very enthusiastic about swaps. I definitely won't be able to ship until june though, money is tight this month.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2015, 11:55:34 PM »
Woo! I'm off work for three days! I'll have time to do lots of question updating. :cool:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2015, 09:27:25 PM »
Not me..I have to deal with all the jackasses tourists on vacation  >_<

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2015, 09:32:14 PM »
I've picked up a few smaller items for my partner that I hope will go great with their current collection. I can't decide though if I want to try making a theme box or not.... hmmm....

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
oops.... ok. i got a little zealous on an auction and kinda totally blew the budget.
all i could see was red and green and then suddenly it was over and i spent more than i intended.
sorry partner. sorry mkia. i hope i'll still be allowed to give everything to my partner.
I am totally serious though. i really didn't mean to. Sorry!! i just get in a frenzy at the end of auctions and keep bidding.  *bows head* sorry. (which is why i usually stick to buy it nows  :blush: )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal