collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: permanent hair dye in odd colours *pic!*  (Read 1306 times)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
permanent hair dye in odd colours *pic!*
« on: May 02, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
I'm so happy, I just found PERMANENT hair dye in purple and green!  Finally no more colouring every 3 weeks!  I'm currently trying to rinse out my blue hair so I can put in the new dye.

I found this stuff at doctored locks on the net.  It's doctoredlocks.com  They have some neat hair extension stuff that I've used on ponies.

I'm can't wait till I can put in this new stuff!  *squeeee*

They dye is called Sparks.  I guess it's just dye with a fragrance and some conditioner and not much else.  I've heard it will stain ANYTHING it touches, so I'm prolly going to have a colourful tub afterwards!

~Jenn

OK!  My mom dyed it yesterday and here it is!  It's not perfect but it's really pretty
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:46:51 PM by FullMoonFever »
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: permanent hair dye in odd colours
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
oh that is awesome!  I'll have to look for it!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
That's pretty cool. I'm skeptical though on a dye that is permanent and won't need the constant recoloring that is usually needed for wild colors. I did mine in pink and blue and purple for about four years before I started teaching and had to take it out. They really just don't make dyes that are permanent.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 11:18:49 AM »
Ooh, I'll have to give that a try; it'd be nice to have purple hair again! :D Thanks for sharing!

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 11:45:50 AM »
I have to agree with Maddie; I've been dying my hair for almost 20 years and the concept of "permanent" hair color should be taken with caution.  In my experience, it will last around 8-10 weeks before it either starts to fade or your natural hair color starts to grow in and you've got to do touch ups anyway. 

The best way to get a wild color to stay longer is to bleach it blonde first and to wash it only when needed- think about switching to a sulfate free hair cleanser (I use Wen or Living Proof).  That will help the color last longer.  Not to be a derby downer, but the vibrant color won't last, you'll still have to upkeep it, but hopefully less frequently!

Hope you love the colors!  Post pics when you dye it!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »
Pics!! I love to see pretty colorful hair.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »
Actually, there is a question on the site about how long the hair stays in.  One of the workers at this place dyed their hair about 3 months ago, washes it every 3 days or so, and it's still bright blue. 

Once I wash out my blue and put in the new dye I will report back occasionally.  I wash my hair every 3 days or so as well.  If it doesn't work, then oh well, I'm only out $15.  It's actually cheaper to buy this dye than the other stuff I use.

As for touch ups, I don't dye all my hair, only the tips, so no touch ups needed.

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »
Actual permanent dye can only be purchased and used by a licensed professional. This means that either the site is selling illegal products or it's not truly permanent. Please be careful! You can absolutely have your hair dyed odd colors (I do it every once in a while for costumes), but to do so you should visit a professional! The stuff is dangerous and requires actual training to put it in correctly.

:edit: I will add that I have dark hair so I always have to bleach it to make it any color other than black. So if your dye doesn't contain bleach it's probably more safe. But when my hair stylist dyes my hair, she usually uses dye that has bleach in it, and that's the stuff that requires a license. :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
Dye always washes out of my hair anyway, but this time they pink is hanging on in places. Good luck with your purple and green!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline fizzerknight

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Button pose obsessive! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
I find that when I dye with manic panic, leave the dye in my hair over night and rinse with diluted vinegar that I can keep the color bright and vibrant for months! And Manic Panic is vegan so leaving it in for hours leaves my hair super soft! :) But everyone's hair takes color differently. :P

Post Merge: May 03, 2015, 10:47:15 PM

Pics!! I love to see pretty colorful hair.
Also, I second this! :D
Any Britney Spears items you don't want? Sell them to me!

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »
Yes, please let us know if this works and for how long it stays vibrant.  I dyed mine dark purple a few years ago.  I bleached my hair first since it's dark brown.  But I like to shower and wash my hair every day so it didn't stay pretty for long.  I would consider doing it again if I knew it would stay in for more than 2 weeks.  =)  Good luck!

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 05:27:28 PM »
I'm still trying to wash out the blue, and so far the old dye (not the new stuff) washed out in a week.  And now it's purple again!  So I'm getting close in washing out all the old dye.  I'd go to a salon and have the remove the colour, but the only salons around here do nails and I cannot stand the smell of acrylic nail stuff.  It makes me so light headed and dizzy and I'm sick for days afterwards.  I don't have any home  colour remover and I'm not brave enough to use bleach.  Soooo.. gotta continue washing it out.

~Jenn

Post Merge: May 05, 2015, 09:11:21 AM

*note* I will be dying my hair today with help from my mom.  I'll post pics of it as soon as its dry :D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:11:21 AM by FullMoonFever »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal