collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Used brushables and spas???  (Read 418 times)

Offline StarPeach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
Used brushables and spas???
« on: May 02, 2015, 07:59:35 AM »
I'm terribly sorry if this is in the wrong section :( I wasn't quite sure where to put it XD
I received a used fashion style Luna the other day, and she has a hella lot of knots and tangels.

I heard some users talking about spas???
I assume it has to do with soaking them in water??

Does anyone know if this will help with knots, or how exactly to get rid of them?

Sorry if this post is a mess, I'm off to bed now as its late XD
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:04:03 AM by AlpacaQueen »

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Re: Used maps and spas???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 08:01:53 AM »
With spa's they mean basically that they are going to be cleaned. You can remove the knots by using hair conditioner brush it out gently starting from the ends of her hair. Then brush upwards. Then I let the conditioner sit for about 15 minutes and then I rinse it out.:)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 08:05:27 AM »
Submerging a pony is never a good idea unless you remove the head and let it air out. There's always the risk of moisture getting in the pony and it getting moldy.

What you do hun is de-tangle the mane as much as you can dry, working from the tips of the hair upwards towards the roots to prevent breakage. Then if the mane is dirty a shampoo, and then coat the hair with conditioner and let it sit and soak it up. After it sits a while re-comb the hair and rinse it. If the hair needs help straightening out I turn the water on the hot side and let the weight of the water and hair pull the strands down.

The key is to try and not let water get into your pony :) Just be careful and have fun bonding with your new girl!

Offline StarPeach

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:10:08 AM »
Submerging a pony is never a good idea unless you remove the head and let it air out. There's always the risk of moisture getting in the pony and it getting moldy.

What you do hun is de-tangle the mane as much as you can dry, working from the tips of the hair upwards towards the roots to prevent breakage. Then if the mane is dirty a shampoo, and then coat the hair with conditioner and let it sit and soak it up. After it sits a while re-comb the hair and rinse it. If the hair needs help straightening out I turn the water on the hot side and let the weight of the water and hair pull the strands down.

The key is to try and not let water get into your pony :) Just be careful and have fun bonding with your new girl!

Thank you so much :D I'll try out your tips tommorow :)
I've submerged a few of my ponies in water before, is there a way to safely remove the head to air them out ; ;

Post Merge: May 02, 2015, 08:10:52 AM

With spa's they mean basically that they are going to be cleaned. You can remove the knots by using hair conditioner brush it out gently starting from the ends of her hair. Then brush upwards. Then I let the conditioner sit for about 15 minutes and then I rinse it out.:)
Thank you so much for the tips :D I'll try them out tommorow ^ ^

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Used brushables and spas???
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 12:47:22 PM »
Extracting a G4's head is quite literally a pain in the tush. What they say about an ounce of prevention is true. I'd recommend not even trying to remove the head unless you suspect there to be a problem. Hanging a pony upside down so water can escape through the roots is the best bet :) If you MUST remove the head, there are tutorials on how to do them, but I'm not sure if there's a difference between a FS and a brushables head plug because I have yet to customize a FS pony.

I'm glad I seem to have helped, please let me know if theres anything I else I can for you!'

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 04:14:31 PM »
Extracting a G4's head is quite literally a pain in the tush. What they say about an ounce of prevention is true. I'd recommend not even trying to remove the head unless you suspect there to be a problem. Hanging a pony upside down so water can escape through the roots is the best bet :) If you MUST remove the head, there are tutorials on how to do them, but I'm not sure if there's a difference between a FS and a brushables head plug because I have yet to customize a FS pony.

I'm glad I seem to have helped, please let me know if theres anything I else I can for you!'

Fashion Styles' heads are a little easier to remove than a normal brushable's in some ways, but less in others - there's no separate plug (the 'plug' is molded into the head piece), so no cutting required... but the plastic's so thick that it's hard to remove without heat or at least hot water. It's a pain, and definitely worth avoiding if possible, but it's not quite as terrifying as smaller brushables'.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 07:16:57 PM »

Fashion Styles' heads are a little easier to remove than a normal brushable's in some ways, but less in others - there's no separate plug (the 'plug' is molded into the head piece), so no cutting required... but the plastic's so thick that it's hard to remove without heat or at least hot water. It's a pain, and definitely worth avoiding if possible, but it's not quite as terrifying as smaller brushables'.

Thats actually very good to know, thanks so much for taking the time to say so! I actually looked around the internet a bit today seeing if there were tutorials on the subject but I couldn't find any o-o

Offline StarPeach

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 08:23:28 PM »
Thank you both so much ^ ^

Is the moulding problem the same with G3's? I had a look at mine and they seem much more air-tight.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 08:15:16 AM »
Thank you both so much ^ ^

Is the moulding problem the same with G3's? I had a look at mine and they seem much more air-tight.

Yes, Mold still happens in G3 from it, I had a Minty come into my hands that had suffered that fate >_< Just don't submerge the pony is all, it's actually pretty easy to wash and clan the hair without water getting in, and cleaning the body can be as simple as dishsoap and a washcloth

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »
Unfortunately you can get mould up in just about any pony although G3 and G4 are perhaps a little worse once water gets in because they are tighter.

A good tip for G3 and G4 hair if its very very badly tangled is the hot water dip. Fill a sink or bowl or basin with water as hot as possible (without causing yourself any potential issues). Spray in some kids detangler and then mix. Dip the pony's mane or tail (whichever you are fixing) in to the water and hold for a minute. Remove and you will see a lot of the tangles literally fall out. Carefully brush with a wide tooth metal comb :)

I hope you share your spa results with us!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal