collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check  (Read 261 times)

Jo-Anne

• Trade Count: (0)
Price Check
« on: April 30, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »
Can anyone give me a price check on a G1 NM Star Swirl? photo can be seen here http://joannepagecote.imgur.com

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »
I feel like you've already asked this question...? Did you mean to ask about a different pony? If you just want more opinions on Starswirl's value, you can bump up your other post instead of making a new one. :) If you lost track of your post, I think the consensus was that she's currently sitting at $25-35.

It's hard for me to get an impression of where on that price spectrum your particular Starswirl might lie. It can't hurt to put her up for sale at $35 (or whatever you want) and see if there are any takers, and if not, adjust accordingly. Honestly, she does look like she's in excellent shape overall, but her hair is a mess in the pictures. That makes it hard for me to accurately assess the full quality of her hair pinkness and stripe paint, which are the two aspects most likely to show wear and hence effect her value. So if I were buying her as-is, I would be more comfortable with a $25 price tag than $35. Someone else might feel differently. Maybe it's worth it to you to take five minutes to brush her hair and take more pictures to try to get an extra $10, maybe it's not.

Please understand, I'm not saying that to be harsh. ^^; To me, terms like "Near Mint" are so vague that they're almost meaningless. Everyone has slightly different views on how ponies should be evaluated. In the past, I've received supposedly "NM" ponies with haircuts, pen marks, paint scuffs, etc. and been really disappointed. I've also received "custom bait" ponies that just needed a bath and a brush and been disappointed in a completely different way! :lol: So now I much prefer going by detailed descriptions or thorough pictures to make up my own mind about how mint a pony is. And like I said, someone else might feel differently and be willing to pay more with less rock-solid certainty of what they're getting, but I have to watch my spending. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:27:06 PM »
Ok...I am not sure what is going on but as you have asked this twice already I am locking this thread. Please pm me so that I can understand what is going on.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal