collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Year 3 as So softs?  (Read 835 times)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Year 3 as So softs?
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
I recently got  SS Posey, so I was wondering about the Year 3 re-realeses as So softs since I don't see conversations about them oftem

Wish ones are more uncommon than the others?

If they are deflocked what are the diferences wit the normal versions? besides Hearthrob not having wings

Wish ones were re-realeased as NSS in Europe?

Here's Posey, she has issues but her hair is stil pink 
:lovey:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:21:54 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Year 3 as So softs?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »
NSS versions: Truly, Magic Star, Buttons, Shady, Wind Whistler, and North Star. Those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. Buttons has a different number of buttons and stars on her NSS version. I'm not sure if there's a big difference between the others and their NSS counterparts (aside from Magic Star's pose change).

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Sapphire-Light

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
NSS versions: Truly, Magic Star, Buttons, Shady, Wind Whistler, and North Star. Those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. Buttons has a different number of buttons and stars on her NSS version. I'm not sure if there's a big difference between the others and their NSS counterparts (aside from Magic Star's pose change).

Thanks for the info

Is NSS the hardest one to find like she is in the SS group?

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
NSS's are quite a bit more expensive than their SS counterparts. Since NSS were only released in Europe others just weren't privy to them. Factor in the SS vs deflocked value "is in the eye of the beholder" and prices sometimes get wacky for a nice deflock.
Twilight, Crumpet and Angel always fetch a bit higher of a price. It was a good quantity of ponies released...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 06:15:25 PM »
NSS truly is the hardest of those ones to find, she and one other(I can't remember who offhand) were released in a very limited area compared to the rest.  NSS Buttons there are even 2 versions of, and magic star is in a different pose.  Most of them you can find for less than $20, even less than $10 sometimes!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:41:30 PM »
 NSS Wind Whistler is also a slightly different shade of blue and has both pink and blue whistles as well.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »
(Please excuse the huge amount of information, I love So-Softs.)
It's NSS Truly and Cupcake who are so expensive, as they were only released in Scandinavia/South Africa/etc.
There's also a difference between US NSS Posey and European NSS Posey, as the US version has those easily-faded tulips as a symbol, and the European one has the magenta tulips like the SS under her flocking. Lickety Split has a similar variation as her normal US NSS release has lighter cones and her SS release has darker cones.
Like lunar_scythe said, there are two symbol variations with NSS Buttons. One has the three giant buttons like the SS, and the other has her cutie mark from the MLP & Friends show with the multiple buttons and stars.
And naturally, all the ponies like Gusty and Surprise don't have their glitter symbols when deflocked.
LadyMoondancer, I believe, does have a prototype Heart Throb with wings under her flocking.

flyawayraven

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 06:29:31 AM »
Brazil had a few NSS too. NSS Twist is stunning!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 06:34:36 AM »
There's also a NSS version of Paradise released in a few countries.  She was originally going to come with Paradise Estate (her backcard even describes how she and North Star found it and named it after her) but that was nixed at some point in the development process (probably because the Estate was expensive enough without a pony).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
There's also a NSS version of Paradise released in a few countries.  She was originally going to come with Paradise Estate (her backcard even describes how she and North Star found it and named it after her) but that was nixed at some point in the development process (probably because the Estate was expensive enough without a pony).

Paradise just came out in Brazil - so she really is a hard girl to find.

You also have Magic Star as well from Brazil who is not found minus her flocking in the rearing pose anywhere else.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »
Brazil had several NSS (and pose/species!) variations - Twist, Wind Whistler, Shady, Truly, Magic Star, Gusty, Heart Throb, and Ribbon. 

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 03:10:08 AM »
Cherries jubilee also has a NSS euro counter part with darker cherries! Posey, lickity, and cherries jubilee were released with both their lighter symbols and darker symbols on some parts of Europe, making it even more confusing!

And NSS gusty who has blueish non sparkly leafs who is also a euro release!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:11:57 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 03:55:38 AM »
Hi, I'm not sure about the years of release but I have NSS Gusty, North Star, Wind Whistler, Buttons and Shady.  These were relatively easy to find here in the UK.  Magic Star in the Tootsie pose is also relatively easy to find but I prefer my rearing pose de-flock.  I may have NSS Cherries Jubilee but before this thread I wasn't aware of looking for darker cherries!  I have a couple of CJs so next time I unpack I will have a careful look. 

I once saw an apparently genuine NSS Truly on UK ebay and it went for a much higher price than my maximum bracket.   I also wanted to increase the number of pegasus ponies in my herd with Whizzer and Lofty pose ponies.  So I bought some ponies from the USA with flocking and other issues to de-flock and restore.  I have now completed de-flocks of rearing Truly, Magic Star, Angel, Bouncy, Paradise, Twilight, Good Wishes and Hippity Hop.

I'm soon to complete Lofty as well I hope, but her glue is giving me a hard time! I have two and I'm trying to do them both at the same time but they are in similar condition.  They looked like the flocking should fall off due to the amount of damage, but actually the glue is still very stubborn!  Cupcake may have to go back on my wish list, I fell in love with her again recently because I just love her colour scheme so if I come across a suitable lady for de-flocking I may get her.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal