collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things to enjoy while going through a hideous breakup... suggestions?  (Read 408 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I'll start:

No1
Film: Harold and Maud, plus songs by Cat Stevens including the most therapeutic 'Trouble'

No2
Book: 'The End of the Affair' by Graham Greene, breaking up badly plus a good dollop of existentialist angst

No3
Film: Sita Sings the Blues, the greatest breakup story ever told
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkYOqI3jSM&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:04:25 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Things to enjoy while going through a hideous breakup...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:42:15 AM »
Umm..... Thanks for the suggestions! I hope no one here has to deal with a break up anytime soon though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:02:19 AM »
Harold and Maud is great.  I wish I had a jag hearse, that vehicle was pretty amazing.
I was single for like 3 years so I don't really remember what I did to get over a breakup.  Maybe a lot of work and books? 
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:03:01 AM »
Umm..... Thanks for the suggestions! I hope no one here has to deal with a break up anytime soon though.

Heh, I meant to ask does anyone have any other good suggestions?  :lol:

Post Merge: April 22, 2015, 07:03:33 AM

Harold and Maud is great.  I wish I had a jag hearse, that vehicle was pretty amazing.
I was single for like 3 years so I don't really remember what I did to get over a breakup.  Maybe a lot of work and books?

Work and books sounds good!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things to enjoy while going through a hideous breakup... suggestions?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:31:47 AM »
I went through a horrible breakup last February when the guy ended our 6 year relationship. It was just so abrupt and he wasn’t willing to talk to me about it and work things out. Pretty much cause he was leaving me for someone else. I was in a really bad place. I mean really bad. The only way I ever dealt with it was by sleeping, therapy, and anti-depressants. For me it was really hard to find fun things to do. It was hard to find anything to do in general. I just had zero motivation and had a hard time getting myself out of bed. I wish now though that I had found more to do to keep me busy and my mind off things.

But...to get back on topic with suggestions, I have heard that working out and exercising is a good way to stay active and busy and it can be fun to go with someone. A lot of people usually recommend to just find things to keep busy with friends and/or family, whatever those things may be. Just as long as that person is surrounded by others. And I wouldn’t necessarily say this would be a fun way, but therapy is always a good option for those who really are struggling.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
When I was going through a rough time in my life I buried myself in lots of Scandinavian crime fiction, and wrote fanfic.  I can definitely recommend reading lots of books, any books that you like!  I also find running helps me feel better if I'm in a bad place in my life.  I don't know if it's because it gets you out of the house, distracts you, or if it's because of the endorphins, but it definitely helps!

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »
Reading, writing, and drawing are good ideas as well. Happy things though of course. Nothing sad.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:39 AM »
Depending on your emotional state and well being, id probably suggest talking to a councellor if its happened.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 10:50:15 AM »
I'm really touched by what everyone has said, thank you!  Yes it has happened, about 6 weeks ago but I didn't want to turn this into a WYP more just share some things that were still interesting in spite of being in a difficult place after a breakup. 

@Melodys_Angel: I have thought about counseling but I'm really lucky that I have some friends who are very inspiring/comforting.  And of course I have Harold and Maud! 

@DalaPony: I just finished watching The Killing and in spite of being very gritty it kinda suited my mood. The weather has been brilliant in the UK this week, the sky is so blue outside.  But I'm hating it, I wish it would rain to suit my mood  :lol: I know it's great to run and I do run but unfortunately I've only been twice in the last 6 weeks. I'll keep working on that!

@MLP_Loving: I'm really sorry you went through that.  That sounds very serious.  I hope things are better for you now?  I'm very upset but after a three weeks or so I started functioning again and have been building up slowly.  I really want to get drawing again, I have a blog but haven't posted for a few months. Thanks you've inspired me!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 05:47:52 PM »
KT Tunstall. Friends (the show, and I guess the people if you have them!). The knowledge that you can do whatever you want now that you don't have to allocate your time to "couple stuff"! Honestly, when I realized that I could play any video game I wanted, instead of having to play through the list of games that he insisted I play, my break-up became so much easier to handle.

Also, watch one Disney movie every night. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal