collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed this?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone else noticed this?
« on: April 20, 2015, 04:56:35 AM »
I've noticed that all the walmarts around me have been moving tons of pony merch to clearance. Plushes, bedware, toys, stickers, books, bags and accessories.
Not that I'm complaining, I got a bunch of stuff this month, but I was wondering, does that mean we're do for more of the cutie mark magic to be in stores or is rainbow rocks just not doing that well?
Has a similiar thing been happening around your area?
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Has anyone else noticed this?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 05:37:38 AM »
I know several of our stores here have been in the process of revamping the layout and moving and adding sections. Our smaller store already got most of the CMM singles since Easter time it seems.

Could be they are prepping for new stock though, hard to say unless you catch the short period they have the reset layout papers on the shelves.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 05:40:23 AM »
Hasn't happened at any of the  walmarts in my area. x-x one or two fo them still has the crystal motion ponies on the shelf at full price. x-x Stuff that should be in clearance isn't. I wonder why I hardly ever see new merchandise >> maybe it's because the shelf space for  new stuff is still being hogged by REALLY old merchandise.

Offline gold.standard

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:51:56 AM »
I know several of our stores here have been in the process of revamping the layout and moving and adding sections. Our smaller store already got most of the CMM singles since Easter time it seems.

Could be they are prepping for new stock though, hard to say unless you catch the short period they have the reset layout papers on the shelves.

Yeah Its hard to tell. Its also seemingly at random at other stores? Like one walmart pretty much had everything but the re-release ponies and the breezie combo sets on clearance. While this other one had most of rainbow toys on clearance and only some of the other things. Like I got one of the bags for 2 dollars, but all the other ones, (same style, different color) were are full price.

I have mixed feelings because I still have to get a bunch of the rainbow stuff yet, but I also want to get the CMM line already hahah.

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:56:24 AM »
I can tell you out of the singles.. The one store I do go to didn't have very many of the non-main six CMM characters out... Except for Sunset Shimmer...

I was only lucky enough to find two Skywishes and one Sweetie Drops during Easter week =/
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline gold.standard

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:06:34 AM »
I can tell you out of the singles.. The one store I do go to didn't have very many of the non-main six CMM characters out... Except for Sunset Shimmer...

I was only lucky enough to find two Skywishes and one Sweetie Drops during Easter week =/

Its like that up here with the watercuties. Finding Diamond Mint was such a task that I settled for the one I found that has a bunch of factory errors in the paint. I might try and find a better one? But its just so hard around here to find brushables that aren't the same six ponies again and again.

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 10:32:42 AM »
The Walmart s here are hardly stocking anything new at this point, one more so than the other. I was wondering that too that maybe they're getting a new line with the new season out. I could always  use more background ponies and a break from the Mane 6.   :lol: Target has been kinda iffy on stocking their pony section too. How is everyone else's Targets fairing?

Offline gold.standard

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:38:19 AM »
The Walmart s here are hardly stocking anything new at this point, one more so than the other. I was wondering that too that maybe they're getting a new line with the new season out. I could always  use more background ponies and a break from the Mane 6.   :lol: Target has been kinda iffy on stocking their pony section too. How is everyone else's Targets fairing?

My target still has snowglobes and also pinkie's boutique, so I have no idea what is going on there.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new season. I came to the realization last night that this season is cutie mark themed and was upset at myself for taking three weeks to notice, hahah.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »
Our Walmart still has the "lets add 500 cutie marks and call it a new thing" ponies. I  really want new merch because literally Walmart is the only store that sells decent pony stuff in my town. not related to Walmart but I noticed they had some Crystal Empire fashion styles(Grabbed the last one they had which was Twilight) /Photo Finish exclusive on clearance also? whoever is in charge on the MLP toy department in Hasbro really needs to get things straight where we are in the toys. are we still in the crystal emire era or Rainbow Rocks (pls let that be over)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
It is most likely a standard reset. Bear in mind toy lines run early autumn to late spring in release (summer is not a big toy selling season for many lines). You will often see a lot of lines go on clearance now in order for them to simply be replaced with the 2015/2016 lines.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 02:06:56 PM »
The only pony I saw on clearance  at one of the Walmart stores in my area was a jumping Pinkie Pie with balloons. The brushable ponies are on sale for $4.44 each.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »
The only pony I saw on clearance  at one of the Walmart stores in my area was a jumping Pinkie Pie with balloons. The brushable ponies are on sale for $4.44 each.

Ponyfan

That's pretty much how it is at this Wal-Mart too. I think the Rainbow Rocks Stampers are on clearance for about $15, which is pretty good, but that's about it. Everything else is full-price. And they just barely got in the slumber party sets and the Sunset Shimmer with the proper hair about a month ago. And they restocked with a bunch of Rainbow Power Pony plushies, so it will probably be months before we see the Sunset and Cutie Mark Crusader plushies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal