collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3  (Read 79547 times)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3
« Reply #1050 on: February 04, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »
This cutie is coming to live with me soon. Just waiting to find out about shipping. She is the perfect size for my Pukifee.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1051 on: February 04, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
Raclette's faceup is adorable!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 04, 2016, 03:21:37 PM »
Congrats, TwistedRiver!

I got a new dolly today, a mouse doll Raclette by La Compagnie des Radis!
Sini arrived~ by uni_inu, on Flickr

Adorable!  What a cute face!

Post Merge: February 04, 2016, 03:22:29 PM

This cutie is coming to live with me soon. Just waiting to find out about shipping. She is the perfect size for my Pukifee.

Spoiler

Is that a Camellia Dynasty Wong kitty?  Very cute!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1053 on: February 04, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »
Cutest mouse ever!!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 05, 2016, 03:43:32 AM »
Thanks everyone! ^o^

I gave her a new faceup last night. Here she is with a wig and a dress and her proper eyes.

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 05, 2016, 04:26:14 AM »
She looks so precious Uninu! Love that color blue for her eyes, they really pop!

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1056 on: February 05, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »
She's a Cinderell-y mouse!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #1057 on: February 05, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »
mann you guys have such gorgeous dolls X3 the only 'stringed' doll I have is a poor Hujoo that's completely nude. I got him and then life happened and I was never able to do anything more with him than creep my sister out XD. and i can't figure out his dimensions since the site I ordered him off apparently no longer carries him... I also have a Taeyang Hash  but he doesn't count since he's not a ball jointed  one x3
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2016, 02:51:01 AM »
So some questions for you guys in here. I need some opinions on this because I'm getting a bad vibe about it.

I saw some doll bodies with dirt cheap starting prices today(they're going up as I type from bidding though), so I thought that could be a way for me to put my foot in the door for resin dolls, but I can't help but feel suspicious.

So the first thing is the prices. Extremely low. They only have one low quality picture of each body. Neither come with a CoA/box/anything(One of them SHOULD have a CoA. I can't find that info for the other. I guess that company shut down.) And their descriptions are really vague about their condition and whatnot.

One of them doesn't even have the name for body. Just the company. While the other has the name of the body, but not the company(Found it on my own) So the good news is that neither dolls are on the DoA recast list, so they're probably legit. But that leaves me wondering what the heck is wrong with them then. :blink: The pictures are bad, so I'm wondering if they're badly yellowed or something and I'm not able to tell?(They had the flash on, of course)

The seller has 100% feedback, but I'm still feeling wary here. Am I overthinking it, or does this sound risky to you guys too? I'm not in a rush to get a resin doll because I'm super into vinyl right now, but if I can snag a good deal, I certainly wouldn't mind it.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2016, 05:38:48 AM »
They could be yellowed. The seller could be getting out of dolls.

Which dolls are they? If they're not popular sculpts that'll drop the price a lot too

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2016, 07:03:22 AM »
The seller has 100% feedback, but I'm still feeling wary here. Am I overthinking it, or does this sound risky to you guys too? I'm not in a rush to get a resin doll because I'm super into vinyl right now, but if I can snag a good deal, I certainly wouldn't mind it.

It's hard to know without knowing which bodies they are - how much did they cost originally? Are they body types that had known engineering issues?  Are they just unpopular?  Are they from companies with known yellowing/greening issues? Known non-standard colours (so it would be hard to find a head to match them)?

Those are all things that drive prices down.

As for not having CoAs or sculpt names - the CoAs are often sold with the heads, so if the head was sold previously it's not surprising for them not to have it. Same thing with not including the sculpt name: it doesn't matter if the body is used for a whole line of their dolls.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:05:31 AM by Hervoyel »

Blog

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »
They could be yellowed. The seller could be getting out of dolls.

Which dolls are they? If they're not popular sculpts that'll drop the price a lot too

Since I'm probably not gonna bid anyway, I can stop being secretive. :lol: One of them is (I think) an Iplehouse Aria. The other just says Serendipity doll.

It's hard to know without knowing which bodies they are - how much did they cost originally? Are they body types that had known engineering issues?  Are they just unpopular?  Are they from companies with known yellowing/greening issues? Known non-standard colours (so it would be hard to find a head to match them)?

Those are all things that drive prices down.

As for not having CoAs or sculpt names - the CoAs are often sold with the heads, so if the head was sold previously it's not surprising for them not to have it. Same thing with not including the sculpt name: it doesn't matter if the body is used for a whole line of their dolls.

I haven't researched too intensely, but from what I understand, Iplehouse is a rather popular brand? Though I have heard things here and there about their posing. Buuuuut, I have my Obitsu boy and his ability to basically do doll yoga/acrobatics, so I'm not expecting to really be too impressed with resin posing in comparison. But it's not a big deal to me since I don't typically do any crazy posing anyway. If it can stand, sit, and look pretty that's all I really care about. :lol: I have no idea about the Serendipity doll though. Never heard of them before, and I guess they're out of business now. They're not fantasy colors or anything either. One is normal skin, and I don't know the color name of the other, but it's also light skinned.

Good to know about the CoA thing though!

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »
Yeah, Serendipity went out of business at least 6 years ago (maybe even longer, actually), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a low price on one of their bodies just because of the age.

I'd be more surprised to see a low price on an Iple SID body though, since those are one of their newer lines. Still, if someone wanted a quick sale they might still drop the price to make it happen.  That said, I'm pretty sure there are SID recasts out there, so you're not wrong to be cautious.

Blog

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 06, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »
Yeah, Serendipity went out of business at least 6 years ago (maybe even longer, actually), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a low price on one of their bodies just because of the age.

I'd be more surprised to see a low price on an Iple SID body though, since those are one of their newer lines. Still, if someone wanted a quick sale they might still drop the price to make it happen.  That said, I'm pretty sure there are SID recasts out there, so you're not wrong to be cautious.

I was surprised too. It seems Aria's price is $620, so I thought it was odd to list even just the body at the 99 cent starting price. But it's already over $100 now, so I guess it'll probably go up near her actual value by the time it ends.

Eh, that's fine too. I'll try out a resin doll someday. :satisfied: It works out. I honestly prefer an anime aesthetic anyway, so I'm eyeing 2D Doll's Colin more than anything else right now lol. If I were to go with a resin doll for my next one.

Thanks for the help. :)

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1064 on: February 06, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
She probably hoped the low start price would attract more bidders.

I'm very happy to say Rain's eyes finally came in. They match her rainy day dress perfectly. I've still had a heck of a time finding a cardigan. Can anyone recommend someone that makes them?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal