collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3  (Read 80504 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3
« Reply #855 on: December 29, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
I am stupidly proud of myself right now XD I just helped Hannah's kicky Pipos out by restringing him. It might not be perfect since his arm elastic was too small from the get-go but he seems to have improved in poseability a lot.
I was so worried I'd do something wrong but it all turned out alright for my first time restringing a doll. :D ((aside from a brief moment when I realized I'd put his hands/paws on the wrong arms))

Is that super hard to do? My Soony is impossible to pose bc her arms and legs just snap back to straight immediately when you try to bend them and I wonder if restringing would help her.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #856 on: December 29, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »
Wellp...I just discovered mermaid and centaur BJDs because of this forum and now I will never have any extra money ever again ever.

:lmao: I discovered BJDs because of Soom Beyla. I have two dolls with hooves, one with a human body but a unicorn horn, and three centaurs. I love the fantasy dolls. I have an otter and bunny too lol

My soony is over 10 years old but I have never seen the fantasy ones until now. My wish list is loooooooong.

I feel you!  Centaurs pulled me in and now I can't escape the bjd world.

I love all of my dolls, but I definitely have a soft spot for my fantasy dolls.  I have Lutra (my first BJD), Amber, Nerine, Rowan, Willow, Briar (who is one of my very favorite dollies), and my still-unnamed (I am such a bad mommy) tinytaur, who is the newest member of my doll family.

I am stupidly proud of myself right now XD I just helped Hannah's kicky Pipos out by restringing him. It might not be perfect since his arm elastic was too small from the get-go but he seems to have improved in poseability a lot.
I was so worried I'd do something wrong but it all turned out alright for my first time restringing a doll. :D ((aside from a brief moment when I realized I'd put his hands/paws on the wrong arms))

Is that super hard to do? My Soony is impossible to pose bc her arms and legs just snap back to straight immediately when you try to bend them and I wonder if restringing would help her.

Restringing isn't hard at all, actually.  It looks scary (I was petrified the first time I had to do it), but it's actually quite easy.  I looked up a tutorial online when I restrung Brooke for the first time and now I can do it on my own.  But even after I restrung her, she was still hard to pose, so someone helped me suede her a bit.  I need to finish with the other joints to finish her up though.  That's way scarier than restringing, I think.  lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 29, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
Restringing isn't hard at all, actually.  It looks scary (I was petrified the first time I had to do it), but it's actually quite easy.  I looked up a tutorial online when I restrung Brooke for the first time and now I can do it on my own.  But even after I restrung her, she was still hard to pose, so someone helped me suede her a bit.  I need to finish with the other joints to finish her up though.  That's way scarier than restringing, I think.  lol

I know I will be afraid to restring.  But, when I get the bjd pet I am waiting on, I will have to...  She is blank and needs a faceup, so I think I have to take her totally apart!  *yikes*

I have heard of sueding, but I don't know the best method..  Hot glue or using fabric or..?  *ugh*

Emerald

« Reply #858 on: December 29, 2015, 01:06:41 PM »
HNNNNNNNNNNNG REALFEE PANO (grabby hands)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 29, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »

It wasn't hard really, but I was a bit of a nervous wreck doing it. I have spent the past few days reading and watching videos about restringing until I felt like I would know to some degree what I was doing. I think the hardest part for me was just how tiny the channels were on Hannah's Ringo where the elastic needed to be threaded.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #860 on: December 29, 2015, 02:47:07 PM »
HNNNNNNNNNNNG REALFEE PANO (grabby hands)

:angel: :angel: :angel:  I bought her on the first day they were available and mine was one of the first to arrive.  She got here so quick and I had the first owner pictures on Flickr.  I am still quite pleased with that lol.  :lol:  Briar is absolutely, hands-down, one of my favorite dolls.  Pano is such a cute sculpt!

She finally has her permanent (for now) eyes, but I haven't found her a perfect wig yet.  That blonde one belongs to one of my other dolls but I do love it on her.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 29, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
Wow she is really cute!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 29, 2015, 09:41:01 PM »
It always cracks me up how afraid everyone is of re-stringing  :lol: I've done it sooo many times now, I pop their heads on and off constantly too.

I'm definitely on the fantasy train too. Here's some crappy photos of my newest lady, Dollzone Angela!  :biggrin: I made her a little ruff like she has in the promo photos but im not really happy with it, gonna have to pick my brain this weekend for a better solution. Suggestions welcome!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 29, 2015, 09:46:16 PM »
My daughter's Angela wears a little tutu.  It's adorable!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
My daughter's Angela wears a little tutu.  It's adorable!
Oh my gosh I bet!! Pictures!  :biggrin:

Emerald

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #866 on: December 30, 2015, 06:37:41 AM »
Stop all the cuteness!!!

Emerald

« Reply #867 on: December 30, 2015, 06:49:35 AM »
I think DZ Wendy is my dream doll (really the special version but lbr that won't be happening.) I can't stop looking at her. I guess I need to sell some stuff to try to get one...or sell a lot of stuff...lol THE HUNT BEGINS.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #868 on: December 30, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
I'd like to try and get a few pictures of dolls this week before they all get packed. This means I have to go find all of their boxes... oof x_x

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #869 on: December 30, 2015, 09:02:28 AM »
:blush:  Thank you Galactica and Emerald!  Briar is one of my favorites.  I think that the Pano sculpt has the perfect balance of mischievous and sweet.  And Angeltoast gave her exactly the faceup that I had been hoping for.  Plus her new eyes are beautiful.  :)

You're killing me, Rhini!  I just came here to say that I just paid a deposit on this cutie!  :lmao:  Small world!

I've always thought DZ dolls were unique, but have never wanted one for myself.  Yesterday, I saw this little one posted in the Facebook BJD Adoption page and I loved her.  I hadn't seen Angela before, but she's just so weird and adorable; she reminds me of the sort of oddball critters I would have doodled when I was a kid lol.  I had to have her, so I asked the seller if I could do a short layaway.  She had someone else interested and I was worried that the fact that I had to pay in two parts would prevent me from getting her, but this morning she accepted my offer!  I paid a $20 deposit and I will split the remaining amount over the next two weeks so I can pay in two smaller amounts on my next two pay days.  I'm super excited!  I haven't bought a doll since August and this little weirdo will fit right in with my other fantasy dolls.

Now I have to decide what sort of blushing I will want for her and what name I want to give her.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:05:13 AM by ZennaBug »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal