collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.  (Read 9018 times)

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
Re: Extremely poor packaging of expensive MOC G1 = wrecked. Very long post.
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2015, 05:29:34 AM »
Thanks! *hugs everyone*

Thanks Ringlets. I actually ended up messaging her back again and I told her I'd just accept the 65 euro partial. Though she said she can't pay it to me until sometime after the 25th of April.
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 06:51:46 AM »
I was thinking last night, you might try putting the top part of the card (not the bubble, obviously) under a stack of heavy books, like dictionaries.  If you left it there a while I think it would straighten out the card.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 10:09:44 AM »
I was thinking last night, you might try putting the top part of the card (not the bubble, obviously) under a stack of heavy books, like dictionaries.  If you left it there a while I think it would straighten out the card.

I actually did this with one of my MOC ponies which had got a bit curled from storage in my cupboard (not quite as bad, admittedly) and it did work. I used a pack of white printer paper, just for the top part of the card. The bigger concern is the loose bubble, if it is badly ripped from the card, because I think regluing it after it's let air in is probably bad for the pony - but the card itself can probably be greatly improved.

I also think that it would be possible to sell the pony if that was the choice made for a decent amount of money, but I wouldn't try and resell it until you have received the refund (obviously) and cleared the issue with the seller to the best degree it can be cleared.

I am a bit confused whether it was £18 or 18 Euros, but since it was going such a long way, I suspect that did NOT include insurance or such like. Shipping internationally with insurance is pretty expensive these days. I think from the US or Canada out it's in the $45 range, and from the UK out I think it's also in the £20-25 range depending on the item size (Royal Mail have changed all their measurements since the last time I did it, though). I would think that 18 may include international signed for, but not NECESSARILY insurance unless it's a small automatic amount. Settling this with the seller this way I think IS the most sensible option at this point.

I'm still really sad this happened to you though. Especially with such a nice pony. I hope you manage to find a replacement for half the price somewhere, since you're obviously owed some pony karma ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »

I agree. I would try this too. Good luck with everything, I'm sorry to see this. :(
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 07:32:16 AM »
Thanks LadyMoondancer, that's a good idea :) I'll try that tomorrow.

Also thank you Taffeta and Lady Starflower for your kind words.
Not sure yet if I will keep her or sell. The yellowed bubble kinda annoys me. Yeah I def need pony karma! I've had a string of bad transactions this year and ALL packed ponies poorly. Might write up a message to send all sellers before they send, even if they ARE long time members you can never be sure. :/
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:37 AM »
Thanks! *hugs everyone*

Thanks Ringlets. I actually ended up messaging her back again and I told her I'd just accept the 65 euro partial. Though she said she can't pay it to me until sometime after the 25th of April.

:bigups:  I do think you took the best option at this point hun :hug: 
and putting some books or other heavy object on the card to try to flatten it back to its right shape is a good idea too. My hubby did that with a bunch of my pony backcards and other stuff and it worked :)
Also , you are right- being a long time seller doesn't automatically mean they'll pack the pony correctly/securely so it really doesn't hurt to send a polite message to the seller about extra careful packing before they send your ponies in future . I'll admit that I've done this myself and the seller has always responded well so hopefully it will work for you too

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 05:38:12 AM »
Hmmm. What a sad situation. I always get insurance for international purchases (well not cheap stuff). I bought a rare doll for $500 once and paid the premium shipping and they still lost it. It broke my heart that she was lost but I was fully refunded. Did you ever ask the seller if it was insured? If it was she can claim it and neither of you will be out money.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »
Wow that box was so weak looking on top of not having  enough padding for a rough transit ,I just made it a rule to always remind the sellers to send them well packaged and protected, and even when  they do it the  right way they still get banged up and little damage happens to them anyway .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:43:58 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 03:54:37 AM »
Yeah thanks Ringlets :) I did the book thing and it's helping. I will be selling her now though, I just feel like there's bad memories connected to her from how I was treated which is so sad :( so someone else will enjoy her more.

Thanks Summerskye and HoustenCollector72 :)

Small update, it's three days past the date she said she'd be able to refund me and I haven't heard anything for nearly two weeks so I have sent her another message. I hope I get paid soon :( Is it okay to post her name here once I get the refund? I feel others should be aware.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:58:21 AM by dollhands »
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 04:26:11 AM »
Yes of course its ok to post the name here if you're having problems with a transaction and especially if it's dragging on and the communication has stopped  :hug: If she doesn't respond soon I would send her more messages with "urgent, please respond within.. (and add the time you feel she needs to respond in - eg- 48 hours) " in the title. If she gave you a date for the refund she should stick to it, if she still cant pay you yet she still needs to keep open communication with you and let you know. she should know this though if she is an experienced seller  :huh:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 04:48:03 AM »
Okay thanks Ringlets.  :hug:

She has been treating me very poorly. I just got a bitchy message back from her full of excuses. She STILL does not give me a definite date on when to expect the money. She basically said that I had an impatient attitude too, still NO apology. I can not BELIEVE how I have been treated by an EXPERIENCED seller. So annoyed right now and just about ready to sell all these ponies! :(
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:23 AM »
Don't let one bad experience with one person colour your overall affection for collecting. It is possible the seller has some rl issues which are making her short with yoy, but nonetheless you are due a refund and it is in your rights to ask about it. If it is an experienxed seller, they probably know that too and are worried about community backlash. If you don't get your refund, then it becomes a bigger issue, but if you do, I suggest not posting a big message here outing them but instead a rational comment on feedback which states everything clearly.

I am on your side, but I have seen good and experienced traders go to pieces before due to personal circs they can't or don't want to disclose. I think that, if you can get a firm refund date and you get the money by that date, then it is over -not just for them, but especially for you as so long as this goes on, it is going to continue to upset you -and an acrimonious post on public thread normally ends up dragging things into a bigger argument which goes on longer.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 10:06:30 AM »
Is not easy to deal with bad situations,hang in there,focus on the good positive things.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:47 AM »
Yikes- that is too bad she is stalling with the partial refund.  One is definitely warranted in this situation.  It is a little difficult to see that crushed G1 packaging.  :unsure:  I sure hope that you are able to flatten it out a bit...

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2015, 04:05:29 AM »
making her short with yoy,

I read that as "short on joy", and I completely agree try not to let it put you off.  Unfortunately there is always risk associated with sending collectibles, in a way it's amazing that things normally go so well.  This forum is a great help for people in terms of 'best practice' I know it's helped me a lot, so you are doing absolutely the right thing sharing your experience.  I agree with everything Taffeta said as well. 
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal