collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you debox a G1/G2/G3 pony?  (Read 6939 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Would you debox a G1/G2/G3 pony?
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
I've opened up old MIB/MOC ponies. I don't give it a second thought if I want to open something. It belongs to me, after all.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »
Good thing I have a lot here that are safe with me and won't be sold to people who will open them, if they're sold at all (probably not). :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
I know for me personally it depends on the toy/pony. Mostly I just avoid buying MOC since I do like displaying them. But I find nothing more annoying then being made to feel guilty by opening a MOC toy. Its happened a few times, and at the end of the day I bought it, and if I know I'll never be selling it I don't see why not.
But the best toys are ones that can be put back in their boxes easily XD

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »
This thread makes me think it's more common than I realized. I wonder how many here have opened them within the past 5 years even. I knew a lottttt of people said they would want to or be tempted to. The nice thing is the higher prices will drive a lot of those who will open them away. Not all of course, as we see. I think it's a shame the desire to preserve isn't wider or doesn't win often above 'well I want to do it and it's mine so I will.'

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
This thread makes me think it's more common than I realized. I wonder how many here have opened them within the past 5 years even. I knew a lottttt of people said they would want to or be tempted to. The nice thing is the higher prices will drive a lot of those who will open them away. Not all of course, as we see. I think it's a shame the desire to preserve isn't wider or doesn't win often above 'well I want to do it and it's mine so I will.'

If it makes you feel better I've never opened a G1 pony lol :) The only one I would probably ever buy would be a Bowtie MOC but then it would be MOC forever. The toys I've uncarded have all been fairly common Fairy Winkles sets, and a few of the Pretty Mermaids. I think my stance is just more it should be the collectors choice.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2015, 01:24:03 PM »
Yes, it is a sad thing   just as sad as child abuse and many other things that does not make sense,just because people have the same attitude of entitlement, it is a crime after all, just because you can get away with it does not make it any better.
wish we had "pony protective services" LOL
I can imagine  people in court wanting their ponies back :) Pony Judge : "sorry we will confiscate your Moc ponies , Ponies will remain under Federal custody :) you have been reported as a MOC opener , you are to serve and pay a fine and remain on probation for 3 years before you can attempt to own a Moc pony " :) LOL
after psych evaluation then we will allow you supervised visits to the pony room :)  LOL
If you open a MOC pony ever again you will loose all rights of ownership !
LOL :P
 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
protect your ponies  always:)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »
Wow...I am not one to usually bale in on individual posts...but comparing decarding a pony to child abuse even in the loosest and most irrelevant way is seriously out of place. :(

This discussion is always one which has strong opinions on both sides. Personally I am of the "your pony, your choice" argument. But that rule also applies to those who strongly believe ponies should stay in box as well as those who want the right to remove. What I do get fed up with is either side being a little disrespectful of one another's opinions or of people feeling the need to apologise for where they stand.

We are one big community - free the pony, don't free the pony, believe in freedom for the pony, believe in caring for the pony for future of the community. I agree with some, I disagree with others...personally. But I have no issue which way anyone swings and I dont like making anyone feel bad or guilty for preferring to go with either option.

I think we are just about talked out on this subject...until the next time no doubt.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal