collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite Video Game?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Favorite Video Game?
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »
I love hearing about what other people's favorite game(s) are!  Besides, it gives me ideas about what I should try and maybe, just maybe, might makes you guys curious too!

Generally, I go with a lovely little Gamecube title called Baten Kaitos Origins.  I never would have guessed that a card based battle system could be so fast and fun, but this game sure proved otherwise~  I was a big fan of the game before it, Baten Kaitos, but I hated BKO when I first played it.   However, once I gave it a better chance I fell in love with the characters and the story.  Plus, it's got some niiiiice scenery (click below).
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm also a huge fan of the Ace Attorney series.  How someone can hear about a game series featuring magical lawyers and NOT want to play it is beyond me. :P  But trust me, if you like mysteries or really any interesting story, Ace Attorney is top of the line.  Trials and Tribulations is definitely my favorite AA game, the final case is just so frickin' good I can't even type something cohesive about it.  You can really jump into the series with any of the games, like I did, but it really helps to play them in order and see the culmination of all the events over several games.  All it takes to play this series is some slightly insane logic and a willingness to read lots of well-written text.  Apollo Justice is my favorite character, I relate with him way too much.  It's hard trying to be the only sane person.

Anyways, you've seen me gush like a complete nerd, now it's YOUR turn!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Video Game?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 08:15:58 PM »
Sims 3 for PC
Saints Row 3 & 4 for Steam/PC
GTA 5 for Xbox

And sometimes movie based video games for DS ^^"
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 08:25:03 PM »
An acquaintance of mine has urged me to play Baten Kaitos multiple times, but I have yet to get around to it. There's... thirty games I should complete before purchasing any more. @___@ Ace Attorney is another series I'd like to play; when I was in my tweens, becoming a lawyer was my dream job. Like most of my goals, its gone down the drain.

Anyways, back on topic! There are a lot of games that I love for different reasons, but my all-time favorite has to be The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Aside from being one of the first Nintendo games I ever played, I adore the storyline, artwork, and the puzzles.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Okami give it a run for its money, though.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 08:48:04 PM »
I've never heard of BKO, it's not the kind of game I'm into but the scenery is gorgeous!

I'm also a big ace attorney fan, gumshoe is my favorite character. I own almost all the games but I haven't quite beaten them all. I also love professor layton and puzzle games in general so I'm still so happy they made a crossover. I still need to beat the last pl game.

The original spyro series (before 'The legend of' and skylanders) is a classic favorite. I've 100% completed the first four titles in the series. I need to star collecting the gameboy games because they're the only ones I don't own.

I love the first Jak & Daxter game more than any others. Even though I've beaten it many times I still love starting new files to go back and redo old missions.

Classic Genesis sonic games and other games like flicky are special to me. Same with classic mario games, though with mario I can also enjoy the newer titles.

I've played a pokemon game from every generation and own every US released pokemon game for the 64. I play casually, not for competition. It's a franchise very close to my heart.

I could ramble on forever about details but here's a list of a few more: Okami, Borderlands, Don't Starve, Kid Icarus, Theresia, Godzilla: Save The Earth, Ecoo the Dolphin: Defender of the Future, Portal, The Sims, 999, Space Funeral, & OFF.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »
Where do I even start?

My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy IV.

Other games I love include Dragon Age, Baten Kaitos (original and origins), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Bioshock, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Tales of Vesperia, Wild Arms 4, Borderlands, Eternal Sonata, Pokemon Gold, and Super Mario World.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

ponycentric

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 10:39:53 PM »
I play a stupid amount of Borderlands 2.  I'm absolutely in love with that game!  My main is a Siren (so fun!) I also play a psycho (so hard!)

When I had a computer I played a lot of Sims 3, Sims has always been a favorite.  Besides those, and SL, I don't really play that many videogames... 

The fella has been trying to get me into Dragon's Crown, which is pretty fun, but it has been awhile since I've played

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »
Gonna Say Suikoden II as the favorite then:
FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, Suikoden III ,Suikoden I,Parasite Eve, Uncharted, Chrono Trigger, Odin Sphere, Tomb Raider II, Skyrim,Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow
 I could go on but those are at the top of my list

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »
Where to start indeed :lol:

I can't even pick an all time fav since there are so many different genres. A couple have been mentioned already :) Link to the Past, Ecco: Defender of the Future and Kid Icarus (nes) are some of my favs.

Others in no particular order - Tetris Attack, Breath of Fire III & 4 (1 & 2 are great too, but the last two [if you pretend Dragon Quarter is a separate game like I do] are amazing), Black & White, Beyond Good & Evil, Chrono Cross, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Dark Earth, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Wario Land 4, Live a Live, Terranigma, Red Dead Redemption, Sims3, Flower.

Quite an eclectic mix there.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 03:33:36 AM »
Where do I even start?

My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy IV.

Other games I love include Dragon Age, Baten Kaitos (original and origins), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Bioshock, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Tales of Vesperia, Wild Arms 4, Borderlands, Eternal Sonata, Pokemon Gold, and Super Mario World.
You like the Baten Kaitos series AND Wild Arms?  I never thought I would see the day, I'm a huge WA fan.  I've finished all of them except XF which I'm slooooowly working through.  Wild Arms 2 and 3 are my favorite~
Oh gosh I told myself I wouldn't freak out about Wild Arms yet here I am...

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 03:41:46 AM »
I'm a huge Legend of Zelda fan but I think ocarina and twilight princess are my faves. Also really love pokemon I've play every gen but 3. The original Spyro series is nostalgic to no end for me and probably caused my love for all things dragon. Those are my top 3 but I love binding of issac, don't starve, WoW (although my account is basicly gone at this point  :wail:), crash bandicoot warped, and quite a few more.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 05:03:03 AM »
There are far too many for me to pick just one, so I'll just tell you all of my fav's :)

Donkey Kong Country 1-3 (SNES)
Final Fantasy IV - X
Yoshi's Island
Legend of Dragoon
Kingdom Hearts
Ico
GTA Vice City
Silent Hill
Sled Storm (PS1)
SSX Tricky
Katamari Damacy

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 06:03:37 AM »
In my late childhood it was Pokemon (R/B/Y and G/S/C). In my early teens it was Animal Crossing. In my mid teens it was The Sims 2.

Since then I can't really say I've had any games that are definitive favorites. Plenty of quality material still being released (Animal Crossing New Leaf is, without any doubt, a better AC than even the original) but I just don't get attached to games like I used to.

I guess you could say that once I got high-speed internet, I became addicted to that and spent more time talking about games than actually ever playing them.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Agent of Discord

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:39 AM »
i have quite a few favorite it depends on my mood on which is my favorite for the day.
Disgaea
Final Fantasy IIV
Legend of Dragoon
Katamari Damacy
Cubivore
Jade Cocoon
SSX Tricky
Monster Rancher
Pokemon in general (so many games to list)
Binding of Issac

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 06:42:40 AM »
EarthBound for the SNES.  Creative, humorous, and surprisingly touching RPG.  I believe it's finally available on Nintendo's subscription service. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 07:23:11 AM »
I also have a bunch of favorite
Chrono Trigger
Bravely Default
anything Professor Layton