collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to Do With Blossom?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
What to Do With Blossom?
« on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
I recently purchased a small lot of ponies on e-bay, and while I'm sure what to do with the other three (two just needed a good spa, the third needed a spa and a new tail) I'm just not sure what to do with this CF Blossom.  The lot was described as 'bait' but it was definitely a misnomer, none of the ponies were particularly 'baity' by my reckoning, especially for G1s (Sprinkles and Bouquet needed cleaning, Seashell will get a new tail).

Blossom's main issue (apart from the missing tail) is that she does have a slight head-body mismatch.  It's not the worst I've seen, but is readily apparent.  On the plus side, her main is beautiful, soft and silky.  Her symbol is a tiny bit worn on her NDS but her eyes are very nice.  She currently rattles and needs her washer removed, but whatever the case I will be pulling that out.  She still has a bit of ground-in dirt to clean, but I'll get that cleared up in any case.  She seems to have no pindot/smooze, cancer, or marker stains.

My thoughts are thus:

A) Restore: All she needs is a new tail.  She could also have some symbol touch-up, but wouldn't need much.
B) Alternate Rehair/Symbol Recolor: It seems like it would be a shame to cut such a nice mane, but it might make her more interesting to change her colors, perhaps white hair?  Or a mix of White and Dark Purple?
C) Custom: Something more, perhaps like one of my Deco Ponies http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,366834.0.html or another custom of some sort.

The only final caveat is that I have no real intent of keeping her.  I enjoy having the project, but I'm not hugely fond of the collectors pose or her coloration, I prefer to keep my collection to my very very top favorites and childhood ponies, and unfortunately she is neither. 

So, what does anyone think I should do with her?  Particularly strong feelings of Restore Vs. Custom?  Some other idea I've not thought of yet?

Here she is before her first round of cleanup:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And after a good cleaning:

(I love getting ponies cleaned up and restored, it's always a delight to see the transformation.) 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: What to Do With Blossom?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:46 PM »
I think she cleaned up really well!  Give her a new tail and find her a new home!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »
I think she's gorgeous, her hair looks so lush. I'd restore and find her a new home. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 01:15:15 AM »
Wow, she looks in such nice condition. I know photographs look better than real life but I can't help thinking that you could excuse a little head-body mismatch in exchange for a relatively mark free body and such lovely soft hair. I'd love to have a Blossom that nice, even if she was missing a tail! :) I'd suggest trying to find an original Blossom donor tail first, second option make a new tail with Dollyhair or similar, then sell her on. There are much baitier ponies out there to use for rehair or custom material.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:27:06 AM »
I think you should give her a new tail and sell her. She's in nice condition and someone will love her as is. :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 03:40:00 AM »
My vote is for a new tail.  :)

I've come across a lot of really faded Blossoms . . . That one is a nice purple.  Nice score!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 06:06:13 AM »
definitely restore! she's in too good of a condition to use as bait.

Offline Featherwurm

• View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
Sounds like the thought is on the restore!  I'm good with that, I need to order some dollyhair for Seashell's restore anyway (I'll post photos of her before and after later), I don't know if I could find a donor tail, but perhaps so.

Her head-body mismatch is more prominent than it is in the photo, but it's certainly not the worst, her body is indeed still nice and purple.

The question now is, should I touch up her NDS symbol, or just leave the bit of scuffing as-is?  I'll post photos tonight.  The DS symbol is pretty much perfect.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 08:37:50 AM »
I would throw a new tail in her and try to sell. She can be one that is difficult to find without ingrained dirt or saddle sores. A slight head body mismatch is not as bad as smooze to some people. Just make sure that within your sale you disclose that her tail is not original. I would say leave the symbols as is. Good luck!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
If you are going to sell her  you may want to skip on actually giving her the new tail. What you spend in a vintage tail or in dollyhair plus shipping is unlikely to add enough to her value to make it worth your while. I would probably just sell her as is and allow her  new owner the option.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »
Its your pony so do what you like, but I say restore. She's so pretty
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
I second what cat says; if you are selling she is not worth spending money on.

Offline Featherwurm

• View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
I second what cat says; if you are selling she is not worth spending money on.

Far fair enough!  I need to order up some dollyhair anyway (dealing with a tail-less seashell also, she also has a nice mane... hm), so I'm not worried on shipping. 

Even if it's not a worthwhile investment, I'm happy just to throw in a tail for completeness sake, though I would most certainly be honest in the listing of her, perhaps put in a thin stripe of another color on the underside to make it obvious it's not original (I have leftover MLP hair from another project)?  Or would that be weird?

One more question!

Her neck seam is still (just barely) intact, I'd like to open her to take out that rattling washer, does that seem a good thing to do with her?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:17:33 PM by Featherwurm »

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »
Quote from: Featherwurm
Her neck seam is still (just barely) intact, I'd like to open her to take out that rattling washer, does that seem a good thing to do with her?

Sure, go for it! Tail washers can go rusty and if you are planning on giving her a new tail you would have to remove her head anyway..

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 07:50:20 AM »
She's really pretty! In better shape than my Blossom, who has a nice tail but a mane cut & saddle sores. Someone like me could buy her as an upgrade, give her old Blossom's tail, then maybe rehair old Blossom in alternate colors or something.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal