collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unfair Neutral Feedback on Ebay  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Unfair Neutral Feedback on Ebay
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:28:02 PM »
Just a warning to not deal with Ebay UK user "Mooandpoosmummy"!

I've been selling ponies on eBay for over five years now and never received anything but positive feedback.  I recently sold a G1 pony to Mooandpoosmummy.  She wrote to me beforehand to ask, "Does this pony have any marks? Has It's hair been cut at all please".

As far as I was concerned, the pony was in beautiful condition but I picked up that she was potentially a picky customer and replied, "Hi there,
She has a couple of grubby areas (surface dirt which does come off with soap and water, I just don't have the time to clean all of my ponies properly) but that's being picky. She certainly has no permanent marks. Her hair is uncut.
Thanks for your interest, and good luck if you decide to bid!
Best wishes,
Desirée"

This pony was NOT dirty, she had been lightly washed in warm water with shampoo and conditioner by myself and had come from another collector who also washed her just before she was sold to me last year.  She did have a couple of areas with that stubborn surface dirt that some of the harder vinyl MLPs tend to suffer from sometimes (this was a princess G1) which is what I refer to in the message.  Nothing that wouldn't come off with a proper clean.

Mooandpoosmummy bid and won the pony.  When it arrived, I received this message:

"Hello
Received the princess pony today..... I am really sorry to have to say this but I am really disappointed. She is really dirty and more than a little it has to be said. I do not want to leave bad feedback as going by the letter you but bin you obviously love the ponies but no am sorry this one is not in the expected condition :cry: "

It was at this point I checked her feedbacks and saw the sheer number of neutrals and negatives she leaves.  Even when she DOES leave positive, she often leaves a "bad" comment.  In fact, she had bought from me before and left positive to say that "the pony's hair was slightly frizzier than expected".

I politely wrote back and said:

"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the condition of this pony. Following your previous message, I studied the pony very carefully and concluded that she was in lovely condition for her age. I tried to describe her condition accurately to you, even mentioning the fact that she was a bit grubby which was not part of the questions you originally raised which pertained to actual permanent marks or haircuts. I stated that I don't have time to thoroughly cleanse all of the ponies I sell but she has been recently washed and had her hair shampooed and conditioned by myself. She came to me from another pony collector last year who had also bathed her and washed her hair right before selling her to me.

As I stated in my previous email, she does have some grubby surface dirt but nothing that would not be removeable with soap and water, I just don't have time to clean all of my ponies thoroughly. She doesn't have any permanent marks and her hair is uncut.

Looking at some of the recent end prices for this pony, I still believe that she represented good value for money. She is in very good condition overall for a 28-year-old used toy. However, if you are still unhappy, I will be more than happy to offer a full refund upon return of the pony.

Once again, I am very sorry for your disappointment.

Kind regards,
Desirée"

She replied:

"I purchased one from another seller for less and she is in mint condition so sorry would have to disagree there.
With all respect photos will not show up just how grubby this pony was both my husband and myself think she was very grubby.
I will try and wash her to sell on as do not want to be out of pocket returning it....If you are happy to cover costs will post her straight back as sorry I do not agree with you when you say a bit grubbu"

Considering the pony only sold for £5 in the first place, had cost £2.80 to send to the buyer and would have cost more to send back by recorded delivery (which is the ONLY way I would have had this buyer send the pony back - I found several feedbacks referring to her "not being refunded" where the sellers reply that they "never received the items back"!), I couldn't afford for the pony to be sent back to me.  I do not agree that the item was "faulty" so I don't think it was my responsibility to pay return postage.  I would have happily given a full refund (including shipping to get the pony to her) if she'd paid to return it.  But I don't think it would have made much difference anyway.  She also seems to leave neutrals/negatives for people who have paid to have the items returned to them and given a full refund.

I did ask her what else I could do, thinking she'd suggest a partial refund, but no.  She just went ahead and slapped a nasty feedback on me.

Anyway, she has "generously" left me neutral "even though she wanted to leave negative as she is soooo unhappy".  She's shocked that I haven't received more bad feedbacks when I send ponies out in this condition (the pony is now "VERY dirty" rather than just grubby).  She would never have the cheek to sell a pony in that state and will be out of pocket now as she will have to take it to a car boot sale. (Seriously?!  The pony was in lovely condition and well worth the price she paid...she could easily recover what she spent on it on eBay, unlike I could have done if I'd paid another lot of postage to have it sent back!)  Funnily enough though, her feedback says that she "will be out of pocket sending the pony back to me".  Really?  Uh...she's not sending the pony back, she's taking it to a car boot, remember?

A quick check through her feedback shows the real reason she wanted a refund.  She bought another identical pony a couple of days after mine ended (so before she would have received mine).  Yes, it was in slightly better condition than mine.  No, it was not cheaper as she claims in her message.  It was listed at an £11.99 BIN on which the seller accepted a best offer of £7, so it actually cost £2 MORE than mine.   Regardless, once she'd bought the better condition one, mine was obviously surplus and she didn't want to pay for it.  What's comical is that she whinges in her letter today that she is unemployed with two young children and doesn't have money to waste.  As somebody who is so broke that she's only had one hot meal in the last week, I know that when you have no money, the last thing you do is spend what little you do have on plastic ponies...especially two identical ones within a week of each other!

Anyway, that's all besides the point.  This woman is trouble, please avoid.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair Neutral Feedback on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »
What's comical is that she whinges in her letter today that she is unemployed with two young children and doesn't have money to waste.  As somebody who is so broke that she's only had one hot meal in the last week, I know that when you have no money, the last thing you do is spend what little you do have on plastic ponies...especially two identical ones within a week of each other!

Wow, she gave you quite the sob story. I agree with you 100%, she sounds like a ridiculous pain.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 06:41:28 PM »
What a scammer.  I'll bet she finds "problems" with as many of her purchases as possible, hoping to get refunds thrown at her.

BTW, are you sure you copied and pasted her named correctly?  I tried adding her to my blocked bidder list but the name came up as "Invalid ID".
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »
Definitely added to the block list...

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 01:07:08 AM »
try reporting her emails for feedback extortion. It might get it removed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »
BTW, are you sure you copied and pasted her named correctly?  I tried adding her to my blocked bidder list but the name came up as "Invalid ID".

Hmm...maybe it's the capital letter I put at the start of her name?  Definitely "mooandpoosmummy" - http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mooandpoosmummy&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 07:03:47 AM »
I have bought from you before a number of times  ^.^, your ponies have all been great, and the ones who are not all that great have been honestly described and priced accordingly.

Sorry but for someone who claims to be so hard up they cannot afford to eat hot meals, she seems to be spending an awful lot on ponies...

I smell scammer....

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 07:25:54 AM »
is this the same lady who complained about the  funko mini apple jacks? 

she sounds like a real pain in the butt

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 07:38:59 AM »
You can't win with people like that and if you find yourself dealing with another one, just take the neutral and don't keep messaging them unless they are asking questions or need a response.  They feed on the attention and feel even more justified that they are in the right even when they aren't. 

I've pretty much added "as is" and "not appropriate for picky or mint collectors" to ANYTHING I sell because there will always be people like her who are looking for any kind of fault. 

Sorry you had to run into this.  It makes it hard to want to sell with these kind of experiences!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 07:52:27 AM »
I read the feedbacks she left for others and even if she was refunded she left neutrals! What a horrible person! Definitely blocking her! No matter what you do, you can't please her! I feel for you, Lancer, I truly do. So sorry you had to deal with a person like this!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 07:46:48 AM »
What's comical is that she whinges in her letter today that she is unemployed with two young children and doesn't have money to waste.  As somebody who is so broke that she's only had one hot meal in the last week, I know that when you have no money, the last thing you do is spend what little you do have on plastic ponies...especially two identical ones within a week of each other!

Wow, she gave you quite the sob story. I agree with you 100%, she sounds like a ridiculous pain.

ugh  I'm so sorry you ended up dealing with her Lancer :(  :hug:   
.. well looking at that feedback she does an awful lot of buying as well as selling to be feeding you such a sob story and whining about a pony that cost £7.80 including the shipping! :huh:   
and you are right - she does leave bad comments on some of the positive feedbacks too! pity those sellers didn't report her. From looking at her ratings and the amount of stars she has she looks like a good buyer and seller until you start to read through (and until you see what she has written to you . You'd also think she would know that you could check and see that she bought an identical pony for more money around the same time as well! :facepalm: )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 05:43:03 AM »
try reporting her emails for feedback extortion. It might get it removed.

^ This. Her first message after receiving the pony said, "I do not want to leave bad feedback ... " Sounds like feedback extortion to me, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal