collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what color should i dye my hair?!  (Read 562 times)

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
what color should i dye my hair?!
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:01:54 AM »
i dye my hair really frequently, and the past few months ive had it at blue, but i want to try something new! i was gonna add a poll, but im not entirely sure how to do that, so just reply with what ya think i should do!
so far im thinking either purple, light green, strawberry red, or a bright/neon color!! i want to dye it relatively soon, so i'd like any opinions!!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: what color should i dye my hair?!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »
I vote for purple! for kinda... selfish reasons :blush: it is one of my favourite colours, and I was a partial purplehead myself for awhile and I miss it a lot :huh: in case you are not camerashy, you could post a pic of yourself, I'm sure that would help us recommend your next hair colour to be ^^

on a side note, may I ask what dye you use? the reason why I gave up my purple in the end was that even after trying out 10+ different products (temporary and permanent) I haven't managed to find a product that didn't fade annoyingly quickly into ugly colours (either to some off-pink, or to red. I hate red, so that was kind of awful). I know purple is a tricky colour that washes out easier, and I also have found out that my hair is pretty prone to "throw the dye off", but I'm also sure I haven't tried anything and/or possibly haven't even tried the best products (having been a student that time on a low budget didn't help :P ).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »
Purple to match the seapony in your sig.

shintoji

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »
I vote for purple! for kinda... selfish reasons :blush: it is one of my favourite colours, and I was a partial purplehead myself for awhile and I miss it a lot :huh: in case you are not camerashy, you could post a pic of yourself, I'm sure that would help us recommend your next hair colour to be ^^

on a side note, may I ask what dye you use? the reason why I gave up my purple in the end was that even after trying out 10+ different products (temporary and permanent) I haven't managed to find a product that didn't fade annoyingly quickly into ugly colours (either to some off-pink, or to red. I hate red, so that was kind of awful). I know purple is a tricky colour that washes out easier, and I also have found out that my hair is pretty prone to "throw the dye off", but I'm also sure I haven't tried anything and/or possibly haven't even tried the best products (having been a student that time on a low budget didn't help :P ).
thank you! purple is my favorite color too, so im definitely thinking about going down that route! i always use manic panic, and it washes out kind of quickly if you dont use the right shampoos and conditioners. the ones that dont wash out colors tend to be a tad bit pricy, though! i may post a picture when its all dyed, but that really depends if i can get one where i look decent or not, pfft.

Post Merge: March 31, 2015, 10:48:35 AM

Purple to match the seapony in your sig.
okedoke! ill think about purple.  :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
I vote for purple because it's my fav colour and because it tends to fade the nicest out of the colours mentioned.

Regarding what Loona said, I've died my hair just about every colour under the sun using various brands and I would have to say that I had the best results using N'rage Purple Plum (demi permanent). It smells like bubble gum and the colour is gorgeous even after it starts fading, the colour seemed to last about 6-8 weeks :) Splat dye is middle of the road for me, a little messier to apply and the colour lasted 4+ weeks. Manic Panic never seemed to stay in my hair longer than a week, which was always frustrating to me since it was so expensive at the time.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 12:03:17 PM »
I vote purple
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »
do it purple and green.  Blend the two colors, it would look really cool.
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »
I'd say purple or light green.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:29 PM »
I could never get green to look good on me. It emphasized every blemish, zit, and scar I had on my face. (The whole opposite colors thing) Because I always had bad skin when I was younger it made me really self conscious to have it look worse because of the color of my hair. My eyes are green also so it tended to pull their color and make them look duller than they are.

I LOVED my purple hair it seemed natural on me, however everyone seems to remember me with Magenta which I will saw does wonders at hiding blemishes/ect and making green eyes pop!

shintoji

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »
do it purple and green.  Blend the two colors, it would look really cool.
ooh, thats a really good idea! i think i just might try that.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
Pink!!!!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 04:11:30 AM »
Regarding what Loona said, I've died my hair just about every colour under the sun using various brands and I would have to say that I had the best results using N'rage Purple Plum (demi permanent). It smells like bubble gum and the colour is gorgeous even after it starts fading, the colour seemed to last about 6-8 weeks :) Splat dye is middle of the road for me, a little messier to apply and the colour lasted 4+ weeks. Manic Panic never seemed to stay in my hair longer than a week, which was always frustrating to me since it was so expensive at the time.
I've had these same results with Manic Panic back then, so it being expensive too I gave it up. I might have to look into the other brands you've mentioned, I've never heard of them (but back then I've only tried products available in my country and never thought of ordering from abroad).

yay, purple and green sounds exciting! I'm looking forward to see how it turns out :)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 07:32:36 AM »
I vote for purple because it's my fav colour and because it tends to fade the nicest out of the colours mentioned.

I also use N Rage Purple Plum, I've been dying my hair tips purple for years and that tends to last the longest.  I've tried SPLAT, but can only find the packages with both dye and bleach, also that stuff drips.  I've tried Manic Panic and it dripped as well.  N Rage does indeed smell like bubblegum, it's as thick as toothpaste and doesn't drip.  You only have to leave it in for 15 minutes as opposed to almost an hour with SPLAT and Manic Panic.  I've also used N Rage's Twisted Teal, it fades out fairly quickly, but if you put it over the purple it fades out very prettily.

You can buy N Rage at any Sally Beauty Supply store, the bottle is $10 to $12 depending on where you are. 

~Jenn

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 10:07:51 AM »
Pink!!!!!!
Agreed on this!! Or purple is a lovely color for anyone.

Don't do green, it looks like booger hair!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Aednatia

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 12:43:41 PM »
I also vote purple.
or green with purple tips or purple with green tips, depends on the shades

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal