collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: to rehair or not to rehair  (Read 483 times)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
to rehair or not to rehair
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
Ok so I have a Windy Wing with nasty white hair and I think it should be white.  I've already rehaired a different winy wing and she looks lovely.  Should I do it to the others? 

Also I'm looking for some repro wings for a certain yellow Windy Wing, she doesn't have wings at all or the little plug in her back, so she just has a hole.  If anyone knows where I can get repro wings it would be great. I'm not sure of the names.  I honestly don't care about value.  I've had them since high school (I bought them on a Beanie Baby site for 2 bucks each, the person said they were baby flutter ponies.)

I'll put up pics of the Wingers in question

~Jenn
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:28:23 PM by FullMoonFever »
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: to rehair or not to rehair
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:30:01 PM »
If you think she needs it go for it
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »
Here are the pics of wingers in question.  I actually want to rehair all the ones I haven't yet done because their hair is terrible.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The pony second from the left needs the wings and a new plug, I can make the plug but not the wings.

The ponies on the left have been rehaired with katsilk hair, and I prefer the silky feel to the nylon hair.  I'd like to eventually rehair the rest with katsilk.

Spoiler

Here's the poor winger that has a hole in its back....  :lookround:  He needs help!

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
I think you should leave the ones with original hair be, it's not hard at all to fix up nylon hair to become beautiful again. For the ones that are already rehaired, go for it.

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:16:37 PM »
I think you should leave the ones with original hair be, it's not hard at all to fix up nylon hair to become beautiful again. For the ones that are already rehaired, go for it.

Well I've given their hair a soak in Aussie 3 minute miracle, all it did was make it slightly soft and smell good. 
After looking at the purple one with blue hair, her hair isn't that bad, but the little yellow one with white hair, ick.  Also I just noticed tail rust.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »
Not one of those ponies looks like "terrible hair" to me.  :huh:
Messy, sure, but far from unsalvageable... that said, they're your property.  If you want to burn them in a barrel, nobody can say boo.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »
They are your ponies so you should completely do what you want and what makes you happy.

I do agree however that on the photo alone none of the hair looks too bad or something that could not be fixed with work and perhaps some repinking. So if it was me I would go with "to not rehair". But its a very personal decision.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
I don't think anyone's mentioned, but if you're looking for repro wings that are very close to an exact match for the originals I highly recommend Daisy Church:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/54225189/my-little-pony-replacement-wings?

As for the hair... it really looks like they need conditioning, combing, and straightening but it looks far from un-salvageable.  But, as others have said, they are yours to do with as you like.  I'm more one to restore what's there, personally, if I have the chance, but really it's your own ethos that is the guide.

Here's a sample of the replacement wings I got for Cool Breeze.  I'm really happy with them:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 12:27:25 AM »
I agree that the three with original hair don't look "terrible" to me.   To be honest, I think their hair looks good.  I would brush their hair while it's wetted down with conditioner and then rinse out the conditioner.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 07:25:43 AM »
I'll see if I can save their hair, pony spa today!

And yes, those wings would be PERFECT!  Thanks for that link.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal