collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sand/shedding in G3 packaging?  (Read 810 times)

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
Sand/shedding in G3 packaging?
« on: March 27, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »
I've acquired two complete sets of Butterfly Island Seaside Celebration (Skywishes & Sew And So) and Juniper Jade today; all missing its box but still intact with the plastic package and i'm very pleased with them. Everything looks great till I tried taking close-up photos and noticed "sand" in each of their packaging. Anyone have any idea what it is? It feels and looks like sand but upon closer inspection it kinda looks like shedding of some sort too.

Photos:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's stuck in the accessories' tiny crevices and deep corners of the packaging. Some of it were firmly stuck in the hair and on the body - but I managed to clean it off. I had to discard the plastic package to salvage everything though I rather leave it intact for display  :( Could it be rubber/plastic degradation (though all of them look mint and fine)? Or insects? Anyone encountered such a problem? I know the seller has kept these ponies in storage for quite some time. I find it strange.. can't put my finger on it!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:49:23 AM by Tigerlilyx »

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Sand/shedding in G3 packaging?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »
Huh! It really does look like sand! I wonder if it came from the packaging material maybe? I think an air canister with a tube nozzle would help get it out of the tiny crevices (like the ones they sell to clean electronics).

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:02:49 PM »
Could it be elastics that were inside the package?  When they break down they can really crumble like that.

Elf

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 03:43:27 AM »
Huh! It really does look like sand! I wonder if it came from the packaging material maybe? I think an air canister with a tube nozzle would help get it out of the tiny crevices (like the ones they sell to clean electronics).

Honestly felt as though the ponies were frolicking on the beach hours before lol  :P Will try the air canister out!

Post Merge: March 28, 2015, 03:46:55 AM

Could it be elastics that were inside the package?  When they break down they can really crumble like that.

Elf

I thought about that too because I had a previous incident with the elastic bands disintegrating. This feels more sandy but I think high possibility it is. As long as it isn't insect leftovers i'm cool!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:46:55 AM by Tigerlilyx »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »
Oh gosh that is very odd! I don't think its sand as it does not look quite right.

To be fair if they have been stored like that in the same place it could be any kind of residue - from insects or just general dirt. I would be giving them a good clean to cover all bases!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »
Oh gosh that is very odd! I don't think its sand as it does not look quite right.

To be fair if they have been stored like that in the same place it could be any kind of residue - from insects or just general dirt. I would be giving them a good clean to cover all bases!

Weird isn't it  :huh: The first thing I thought of were nest sheddings of insects since all of them had it.. I shudder thinking of it so I immediately went to clean and disinfect them!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 10:43:12 PM »
It's not sand, it's the rubber elastics. They break down easily within a year or two and crumble into bits like this. Too bad I didn't know you are from Singapore!!!! I was moving to NYC last August and had to give away over a hundred G3s. You could have been a lucky recipient.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 11:53:37 PM »
It's not sand, it's the rubber elastics. They break down easily within a year or two and crumble into bits like this. Too bad I didn't know you are from Singapore!!!! I was moving to NYC last August and had to give away over a hundred G3s. You could have been a lucky recipient.

Whoah did you manage to rehome all your ponies??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal