collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Visiting Washington!  (Read 464 times)

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
Visiting Washington!
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
My friends are awesome and volunteered to be my care-takers for half a week while we visit Washington State at the end of April. I don't have time or money to get a passport to sneak into Canada and eat my beloved Kinder Eggs  :cry: But I'll finally get to see my favorite coast ever again!
Is there anything we should totally see while we're there? This is my first time traveling this far since my diseases manifested and my first time ever by plane, how do you keep yourself calm? Any cat-servants know how to best keep them calm while you're away?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Visiting Washington!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »
Sounds awesome! Have fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
Well, if I were visiting Washington I would totally go check out the volcano. But that's me. ;) Other than that the only thing I really know about the state is that my grandparents live there.

And wow, I always forget that you need a passport now to get into Canada. :( When I was a kid I lived in New York and we could just visit Canada for a few hours with no issues whatsoever -- no passport needed. Different times, I guess.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:11:05 AM »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:16:02 AM »
Oooo Washington as in on the pacific coast washington!?? Im jealous! There are a few dhops there that sell Pokemon merch from Japan including a kiosk in a mall!!! I would love to see the Pacific ocean someday! :D Have fun!!!!!! New states are always fun to visit!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 12:19:12 PM »
I lived in Kennewick, WA for a few years. I would drive up to Seattle every once in awhile. Seattle is tons of fun. It is one of my favorite cities. There are tons of things to do near the Space Needle. The EMP museum, Pike Place, The Aquarium is a little bit away but fun, and there is a full novelty stores that are awesome. 

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
I think it depends where in Washington you will be?

Mt. Rainier is awesome- you can hike around and even see a glacier!  But it is way over near the Portland boarder- so it is quite a trip from Seattle.
Making a trip to St. Helen's is also totally worth it- that is where the volcano blew up- very surreal over there...

If you are going to be in Seattle, the list gets pretty long of things to do, but off the top of my head- some surprisingly fun things include (in no particular order)
1. the aquarium
2. the underground tour
3. riding the ferry to one of the islands is fun- especially if you are like my fam (from somewhere where a ferry is a novel thing)
4. Renting kayaks to paddle around Lake Washington is super fun
5. Pioneer square is an interesting place in general-
6.  Uwajimaya market (and the attached bookstore) is TOTALLY worth a visit- it's in Chinatown- and has a ton of fun imported stuff from Japan.

Oh- and the music scene is awesome, endless and ever changing.  Seattle is a great place to see a show-

Offline Karma

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »
I'll be near Seattle, on an airforce base. Maybe I can convince the person I'm staying with the get Kinder eggs for me *totally obsessed*

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm super excited and nervous. Right now I'm mostly nervous for my cats, as I'll be leaving RIGHT after my brother's family, including two year old, moves in. I think I'll saturate my carpet in calming pheromones and liquid catnip.  :lol:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 12:53:27 AM »
Mt. Rainier is lots of fun.  And one day, we took a ferry to San Juan Island and went to Lime Kiln Lighthouse.  It's now automated and still in service, but it's also a whale research station.  When we went there, there just so happened to be a pod of orcas feeding offshore, and they were breaching and jumping and generally putting on a great show; it was awesome!  If I remember correctly, they tend to circle the island regularly.  You may be able to find out if they've been in the area a lot lately, and if they're predicted to come back.  Hmm, I guess you could take a whale watching tour too.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I'll be near Seattle, on an airforce base. Maybe I can convince the person I'm staying with the get Kinder eggs for me *totally obsessed*

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm super excited and nervous. Right now I'm mostly nervous for my cats, as I'll be leaving RIGHT after my brother's family, including two year old, moves in. I think I'll saturate my carpet in calming pheromones and liquid catnip.  :lol:

I think you can get Kinder eggs at some of the German or Dutch specialty shops- I know I've seen them around although I can't think where now.... Seattle is so close to Vancouver so they are not a rare sighting here :D

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »

I think you can get Kinder eggs at some of the German or Dutch specialty shops- I know I've seen them around although I can't think where now.... Seattle is so close to Vancouver so they are not a rare sighting here :D

I've even found the eggs in a European grocery store here in Burnsville, Minnesota. So I think there's hope!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Karma

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »

I've even found the eggs in a European grocery store here in Burnsville, Minnesota. So I think there's hope!
Yay! Even if not, they do have Chocolate there I can't get in Utah.

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »
Oh, there's lots of awesome places in Washington. I love the natural, remote places, like La Push (or anywhere on the coastline), Dry Falls (in eastern washington), Orcas and Whidbey Islands, Mount Rainier, etc.

If you're into more urban settings, Seattle has plenty of tourist traps - Pacific Science Center, EMP, Seattle Center, Space Needle, Seattle Aquarium, Woodland Park Zoo, and the harbor cruises.

And there's lots of little hole-in-the-wall places that are pretty fascinating. If you want, you can PM me with what you're interested in, and I'll see if I can recommend anything! For instance, there's a chocolatery close to me that is amaaazing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal