collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shill bidder using my email on eBay! GR!  (Read 800 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Shill bidder using my email on eBay! GR!
« on: March 21, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »
So the other day, I received a new 'welcome' message from eBay, then a quick 'username change' straight after. I panicked, and thought someone had hacked my account. Turns out no, someone just used my email by removing the dot.  -_-

Anyway, I figured I'd take care of it in the morning. Well... I got a message about bidding and winning an item, only to find out that they appear to be shill bidding using this new account.

I've contacted eBay, and apparently there's nothing they can do. Any advice on how to get it unlinked? Should I contact her new account using mine?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Shill bidder using my email on eBay! GR!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »
I had something similar happen to me, except it wasn't used for schill bidding.

Someone used my email to sign up for an account. My maiden name is very unusual, and I had an email that was first initial, period, last name. So the guy had the same first initial as me, and the same last name as my maiden name. I can ONLY imagine that he had some sort of typo on his end.

I used google and figured out that the guy was my dad's cousin (that he wasn't in touch with, and didn't know how to get in touch with-- despite my begging him to ask his sisters who are more social).

I called ebay and they wouldn't contact him or tell him. However, I did get them to flag his account to have a change in his email. I was still getting emails for awhile. I tried sending a message from my account, to his account... Eventually he did change it after that-- but I don't know what made him change it since he never responded to me.

But if that person is using it for schill bidding... -__-; that sounds like a more tricky situation. Maybe you can call ebay again?

I wish I could offer some better advice. :( But ebay needs to flag that account. And try messaging them too. Hopefully it was something unintentional.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:29:53 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

But yeah, seems she's shill bidding - The name is the exact same name as the 'seller' she brought from, using a similar username (literally just flipped the words back to front). I just don't like receiving their messages amongst mine, since I keep thinking someone has hacked my account :(

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:34:03 AM »
I kept getting welcome messages from Twitter in Arabic and finally figured out someone in one of the counties over there had an email like mine. Twitter saw it as exactly the same but I believe theirs had a couple extra characters that somehow would get lost. Neither Twitter nor hotmail would help at all. I just stopped using that email since it seemed like a huge security flaw.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:42:14 AM »
Eep! I have no advice but if they ignore it legally they are facilitating fraud, so I would take screen shots of the shill bidding activity if poss  :(
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:27:56 AM »
I know this kind of thing can happen with similar email addresses but the shill bidding thing is more concerning :(  I  think under the circumstances would give ebay another call ...

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:17 AM »
What if you put the user ID in and tick the "forgot password" option, then they'll send a link to your email to change it. If that works, you can change the password and delete the account lol.
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal