collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Xenoverse  (Read 378 times)

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
« on: March 19, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »
Anyone have it? What species did you choose? Wanna fight? XD

Normally I'm not one for fighting games but Xenoverse is a lot of fun. A touch grindy (as most fighters are) but still fun. Character customization is of course the main appeal. I've seen some crazy characters in the game.

Did you know that Team Four Star's Takahata101 (from Dragon Ball Z Abridged) did the "Voice 8" in the character customization? And that it's his rendition of Nappa? It's hilarious! Also, some of the NPC's say "Vegeta!" in his voice. XD They're doing a play through of the game and it's soooo funny.

I got it on Steam and started off as an Earthling cause of the more balanced stats, and am at level 28.  I think I've been raising the wrong stats though LOL. Ah well it's still a lot of fun.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:57:51 PM »
I've got it on Xbox One and really love it :)  I'm totally living out a high school fan-girl-ness , making my self inserted fanfic character (name Katika there, too ;)  Totally just gave away where my screen name came from!).  I'm only sort of good because I really struggle with games that require the use of both joy sticks, but my husband leveled me high enough that I could do the grinding and he'd take over if it got too challenging, lol.  We actually just beat the actual storyline this evening, managed it at level 52 Saiyan :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
Never heard of it, but that's not surprising since I don't like Dragon Ball anyway. Glad you are having such fun with it though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:34:52 AM »
Aw, yes, this is a GREAT DBZ game, in fact it's probably my favorites of the ones they have ever released. A little frustrating at times, though. Some of the story mode missions are almost luck based. =/

The character creation was a big draw for me, as I had DBZ OCs for years. Also it is amazing to have super saiyans that aren't male!

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »
My fiance and I are debating which system we want to get it for, but he's thinking the Xbox since all the other DBZ games we have had been on those consoles.  It seems really fun, can't wait to get it!
Instagram / Want List

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »
ive never been into DBZ but im glad you are enjoying it :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »
A little frustrating at times, though. Some of the story mode missions are almost luck based. =/

I know right? Some of them are totally off balanced and unfair. ...like the beat Vegeta at low health one. I'm STILL stuck on that one even after raising my level by 5. >_> Stupid unfair jerk. 

Ah well. The multiplayer missions are good to raise stats on, but I seem to have trouble finding available rooms. I dunno if it's my connection or what but it always comes up with no results even though there's like 30 freaking other players standing at the quest counter!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »
A little frustrating at times, though. Some of the story mode missions are almost luck based. =/

I know right? Some of them are totally off balanced and unfair. ...like the beat Vegeta at low health one. I'm STILL stuck on that one even after raising my level by 5. >_> Stupid unfair jerk. 

Ah well. The multiplayer missions are good to raise stats on, but I seem to have trouble finding available rooms. I dunno if it's my connection or what but it always comes up with no results even though there's like 30 freaking other players standing at the quest counter!

OMG has Goten challenged you to the "Super Saiyan Bargain Sale" fight yet?!  (EDIT TO ADD: IF YOU LIKE TO BE SURPRISED BY YOUR GAMES, THIS MAY BE A SPOILER!) I'm not sure if non-Saiyan races will get to do this one or not, but it is HARD, if you want to talk about luck!  The entire thing is 1-on-2 battles, and you start with Kid Trunks and Goten (and after you beat them about 3/4, they turn SS).  Once you beat them (you usually can, but it's a tight squeeze), you take a portal and go face Future Trunks and Vegeta and those stinkin' jerks will seriously *take turns* hitting you with their ultimate attacks.  Like, you seriously can't get up from one before you get hit by the other.  And they've done it ever stinking time we've tried that level!

When we feel cornered in a round, you can unlock Super Saiyan if you're the applicable race, which lets you fire blasts without losing any ki, which really gives you the upper hand (until your SS wears off, of course...).  It's definitely a frustrating game and there is a pretty step learning curve, but my goodness!  It sure can be a lot of fun :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:56:19 PM by Katika »

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »
Haven't gotten that far yet, I need to grind some more. I got my butt whipped by Hercule.

HERCULE.

I am so ashamed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal