collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My strange kind of Arachnafobia  (Read 496 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
My strange kind of Arachnafobia
« on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
A lot of my friends call me crazy because I love Tarantula's and the idea of spiders. Yet I'm also afraid of them when I see them. The thing is. This isn't for all the spiders. I have no problems with the basic crossback spider (or somth, really common spider here in the Netherlands) but other spiders... nope. Then we have Tarantula's. Now, I like a lot of them! Especially the hairy ones. ^^ But the bald ones... nope.

This is also the case with gaming. I didn't dare to play Tomb Raider Underworld because of the large spiders. Oh and don't get me started on the ones in Skyrim... but yet I have some Spiders hanging in my room and I'm also playing a mobile game with some pet Tarantula's. Also, today I got one of the most cuddliest Tarantula Plush ever. <3 It's just so strange that even when my final project at school was a giant spider made out of soda cans. I'm still afraid of them. Not because they are dangerous. But because of their looks.

Anyone also having something like this? Or with another Phobia? Just interested. It all seems so crazy XD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: My strange kind of Arachnafobia
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:27:32 PM »
I adore living, swimming fish.  Show me a dead one and I'll just lose my mind.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »
I adore living, swimming fish.  Show me a dead one and I'll just lose my mind.
That's me with pretty much any animal. Dead things really, really scare me!

I had a friend who claimed to really love snakes, but then when we were crawling around in a cave one winter, she saw a hibernating snake and screamed and ran/crawled away as quickly as she could! I think she just liked the idea of snakes, but maybe hadn't really encountered them in real life before? It was really weird for me, because I was super interested in the snake. And it was sleeping, so it wasn't even aware of us!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 06:28:06 PM »
I have a huge fear of all primates except lemurs. Its the near human quality that gets me doesn't help I have social anxiety to the extreme.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 04:11:25 AM »
I'm only comfortable with non-poisonous snakes.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 07:35:38 AM »
I think a lot of people with phobias have very specific qualities required to trigger the reaction.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 11:36:12 AM »
I agree with Kat :)  Even if you don't know it yourself, theres bound to be one.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »
I have arachnophobia too! Whenever there's a spider in the room with me, even if it's a really tiny one, I get really nervous and sort of freeze up. I don't mind seeing them if they're far away or in pictures.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 05:44:09 AM »
Spiders really only scare me when I'm not expecting them.  In fact, I'm one of those "capture and release" kinds of girls about spiders, but even last night, I was going to go sit down and saw one on my seat and did one of those embarrassing startled noises :)  I'm another person that has huge trouble dealing with dead creatures (which is another reason that I opted not to go to vet school).  As far as animals that I'm afraid of, I'm kind of all across the board... I'm terrified of wasps (not bees), most primates, pigs, bears and elephants.  I also won't go into water that I cannot clearly see into because of what could be in it.  I blame my weird critter phobias on my degree (Animal Science) which taught me some very weird aspects of animal behavior :-/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal