collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Post office heads up for international mail  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Post office heads up for international mail
« on: March 13, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
so  i  am not sure if everyones aware. of htis or not.  i think this is a goodpalce if it belogns somewhere else please move it!

i went to the post office today to  mail a  package after  tryign for two hours to print  osmething i ended up senidng it priorty was like 10.00 more. figured there ws  soemthing  wrong with the site or something.

you can no longer ship  international first  class.  it will say thatyou can   online. nad giv eyou the price but it will   not let you print it. and the   post office manager said that within thetnext few weeks that option will be  gone for  itnernatial..
so the only way to ship things internationally  now  is  Priorty.
and that is  really expesnive ><

MY post office   AND post ofice manager told me TODAY  that   starting in a couple weeks they   were getting rid of   first class  internatiol  online.  i'm   not sure if   you'll be able to do it   in the PO.   but this is goign fromw hat i was TOLD  by employyeees.

i'm  just trying to  be helpfull..  nto cuases  panic or issues..   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:35:52 PM by Lorelei Redfern »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Post office heads up for international mail
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 03:33:15 PM »
no. first class will be gone for good?
stink!
i guess i better get my swap packages in the mail on monday then. how frustrating.
that's going to make alot of swaps more difficult.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
Do you mean that you can no longer print/purchase First Class international labels online or that they are completely removing the option to ship anything First Class International, even if you go to the PO? I've not been able to purchase First Class International labels on USPS's website for quite a while so if it is the former I am not surprised. If you're saying that they are doing away with First Class International altogether do you have a link or anything to confirm it? I didn't see any indication of that when I did a google search.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »
Maybe that is why an order for something online (not pony) that my husband bought has experienced some shipping delays...  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »
I think they're changing pricing/weight limits... I shipped something 1st Class International this morning from the main Post in my city.  :huh:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:20:03 PM »
I mean no offense but I am seriously having a hard time understanding what exactly happened.  I ship daily and I am unaware of First Class International mail being abolished. Do you have a link with some solid proof this is happening?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
I haven't heard this before either and would like a source. If that is true, that will completely destroy international sales. But I won't panic just yet. ;)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
Do you mean that you can no longer print/purchase First Class international labels online or that they are completely removing the option to ship anything First Class International, even if you go to the PO? I've not been able to purchase First Class International labels on USPS's website for quite a while so if it is the former I am not surprised. If you're saying that they are doing away with First Class International altogether do you have a link or anything to confirm it? I didn't see any indication of that when I did a google search.

I   have confirmation  from the post office   worker  from usps  that they are doign away with first class internatinal.  they are in the process of removing it fromt here sight.you can ONLY  send priorty internationaly.   and they are     to my udnerstanding removing it alltogheter. 
as for proof.   i cosndier    hearing it from  two post  office worrkers AND  the  post office mamanger who works for usps.  i  consider it confirmed cosndiering  i spent 2 hours   and it didint work.

i was told i couldnt ship it   and that they were  doign away with it.

Post Merge: March 13, 2015, 05:29:23 PM

I mean no offense but I am seriously having a hard time understanding what exactly happened.  I ship daily and I am unaware of First Class International mail being abolished. Do you have a link with some solid proof this is happening?

MY post office   AND post ofice manager told me TODAY  that   starting in a couple weeks they   were getting rid of   first class  internatiol  online.  i'm   not sure if   you'll be able to do it   in the PO.   but this is goign fromw hat i was TOLD  by employyeees.
and i spent  2 hours trying to print a lable adn it said i couldnt.   

i dont have a link becuase this is a live converationt hat took place.  i aske dhimw hy i ahd toruble   and he said  that"they were  getting rid of it. "
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:29:23 PM by Lorelei Redfern »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 06:14:38 PM »
LR ..please I am not doubting you. The thing is that out of hundreds, maybe thousands of people, here and elsewhere that this topic has not come into some sort of discussion, makes me wonder ?? I am not knocking your PO but I seriously am at odds about this happening.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:17:23 PM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »
i know ponylady.  i was shockied but all i can do is say what happened nad what i was told nad hoenstly i  thought that if it WAS true you  guys needed to know. i know it happend to me that i was unable to buy it online. and  i couldnt buy it at my post office.

should i not have  said anything?

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »
If it's true (not saying I doubt you, Lorelei, just kinda puzzled by the whole thing), I wonder why we're just hearing about it now, after/during the changes taking effect? Aren't these things usually announced in advance on the USPS website?

If they're really doing away with it, this really sucks from both a seller and a buyer standpoint. I mean, who wants to pay $30 shipping for $5 item?
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »
i dont know why we havnet heard about it before hoenstly i was  shocked and a  bit annoyed lol. but  it could just be  MY post office thats no logner  doign it  in person. 

i dont know any way to get proof.  so..  if its  true if it isnt true..  at least we know. 

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 12:18:37 AM »
Looks like from your post the people at the post office told you it was going away from online. I could understand them taking away the option online - they already limit the types of postage that can be purchased online - but I really can't imagine them abolishing it totally. That's a very large portion of their service and there would be a lot of furious corporations breathing down their necks I'm sure. I think if the impression you got was that first class international mail was being completely gotten rid of 100% then it may have been a miscommunication from the workers.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 05:08:17 AM »
:whoa: getting rid of the  first class international shipping option seems totally crazy :blink:  I haven't heard anything/read anything but I hope that it is not true and that the workers you spoke to had just got the message wrong or something. Guess we'll find out soon enough ... :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 07:16:59 AM »
I know I haven't been able to print first class online from my paypal in a month but I have had no problem doing it from USPS.com. I know that if we can no longer do it online then I will no longer be selling overseas :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal