collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dream Beauty barrette ID questions  (Read 998 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Dream Beauty barrette ID questions
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:26:42 AM »
ID'ing these Dream Beauty barrettes drives me absolutely nuts!

So I know that Dream Gleamer (Shimmering DB) is supposed to come with a pearly pink 3 hearts barrette.  Someone was nice enough to send me a pic (can't remember who right now, but thanks!)

I just bought this more or less deboxed Colormist (Sweet Perfume DB)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colormist-Vintage-Perfume-Beauty-My-Little-Pony-Dream-Beauties-Hasbro-G1-Rare-/151606122217?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=P%252FK1K%252FUOkTtwFA%252B1r7Ky5UgtCX4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

and was surprised when her pink hearts barrette turned out to be quite pearly.  I assume it's her correct one, but I'm not 100% positive.

And now I have the opportunity to trade for a pearly pink hearts barrette, but I'm not sure who it goes with, Dream Gleamer, Colormist, or maybe even a different DB.

So my question is this:  Can anyone tell me if Dream Gleamer and Colormist come with the same barrette?  Or is there a shade difference between them?  Pics would be very welcome!  Thanks!!! 
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Re: Dream Beauty barrette ID questions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »
I've got no idea, but am camping in this thread in case it gets interesting. :awake: Based on the MIB photos I've gathered over the years, no one but Colormist and Dream Gleamer came with the pink hearts, but I don't know about the exact shade.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:16:31 PM »
Yeah, I save MIB pics from Ebay too, but it's still really hard to tell.  Hmm, I guess you're right; Dream Gleamer and Colormist are the only DBs with pink hearts barrettes, so it wouldn't go with anyone else.  I guess the only other pony who came with a pink hearts barrette was BnG Bouquet, but hers definitely isn't pearly.  For now, I think I'll wait and see if anyone else chimes in.  Later I'll try to take a comparison pic of the barrettes I already have.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:08:12 AM »
In fact, I'm in a similar situation with the pearly aqua hearts. I've got two of the said aqua barrette; one of them came with a mint and complete Stardazzle, so there's a good chance that it's her original one. Whether it's different from Morninglory's I wouldn't know, but it's clearly not the same colour as Windwalker's aqua lily, which I have. I do hope someone has comparison photos to share.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 04:22:09 AM »
Well, Mul-ta, it looks like it's just you and me for now.  Let's put our heads together!  So here's a pic of barrettes from my current trading partner.  I'm interested in getting numbers 1 and 5, and we're trying to ID them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

#1 pearly medium pink hearts - DB Dream Gleamer?  DB Colormist?  Both???  It looks about the same as the one I recently got with a (deboxed?) Colormist.  It also looks about the same as the one I have saved in a pic that came with a loose Dream Gleamer.

#2 magenta translucent lilies - DB Crystalline (pretty sure this is correct)

#3 medium to darkish pink lilies - Perfume Palace

#4 bright magenta bird and lily - DnP DJ (pretty sure)

#5 dark pink bird and lily - DB Manewaves?  DB Sheertrimmer?  Both???

#6 aqua lilies - DB Windwalker (certain)

While we're on the subject, let's talk about those aqua hearts barrettes too.  I have two of them, one slightly darker than the other.  Neither one really looks all that pearly to me.  I guess the darker one could be somewhat pearly, but it definitely doesn't jump out at me like the pearly finish on the pink hearts barrette.

I think they came with Dream Beauties Morning Glory and Stardazzle, but I'm not sure which is which.  I even bought a MIB Stardazzle recently (at a good price, and partly to satisfy my curiosity) - and I still can't tell which it is through the packaging!  But if I had to guess, I'd think that the darker one was Stardazzle's, and the lighter one went with Morning Glory.

What do you think?

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
All right, here's what little I have and could dig up. Photo taken in natural light.

I'm pretty sure the hearts I have belong with Stardazzle because I got an identical barrette with her. Old photo:

Compared to your aqua hearts, I'd say it's the lighter one, but it's always hard to tell. You're right – the pink hearts are a whole new level of pearly. I've got nothing to add about the rest.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 06:58:47 AM »
That does seem to match my light one, not the darker one as I expected. Do you remember if your Stardazzle with barrette had been someone's childhood pony before you bought her? That would indicate that the light aqua hearts barrette is correct. But if you bought her from a collector, that could just mean that person bought the barrette separately and tried to match it up, just like I'm doing. Then it wouldn't really mean that the light one is correct.

I keep hoping that someone else will chime in. Hathorcat???

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
I understand what you mean.

I bought her from an older Finnish collector who is apparently not active anymore. Considering DBs were never sold on our side of the pond, Stardazzle was most probably not her childhood pony.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
Was the Finnish seller Sulaine by any chance?  (Real name had the initials N. K.)  I sold her a MIB Stardazzle long ago and I think she deboxed her MIBs.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:12:35 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »
Was the Finnish seller Sulaine by any chance?  (Real name had the initials N. K.)  I sold her a MIB Stardazzle long ago and I think she deboxed her MIBs.

That indeed was her, implying my Stardazzle originated from LadyMoondancer and the barrette is her original one. Thank you for filling us in :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 12:15:38 PM »

That indeed was her, implying my Stardazzle originated from LadyMoondancer and the barrette is her original one. Thank you for filling us in :)

Wow, how exciting to learn what became of Stardazzle after all this time!  It's a small world, huh?

I also sold her Morning Glory, Dreamgleamer, and Windsweeper, so if you happened to get any of those from her they likely had their original accessories too.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 12:35:14 AM »
^ She only had Stardazzle for sale back when I bought her, so I don't know what (if anything) has happened to the rest.

If ponies could speak, they'd perhaps tell their individual histories.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 08:43:45 PM »
Hmm, it does look like the lighter aqua hearts barrette is probably correct then.  Thanks, guys!!  Now, does anyone else have any DB barrette info to share?  C'mon, there must be someone out there who knows!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal