collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Swap - COMPLETED :D  (Read 67724 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Swap - SIGNUPS till 3/20
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 05:21:10 PM »
I've been saving things on ebay in case they are on future partners wishlist.  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Swap - SIGNUPS till 3/20
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 05:24:45 PM »
I think I'll do the bulk of my shopping at the two conventions I'll be going to.  Not having to pay any shipping costs will be nice, and being able to see exactly what I'm buying makes it even better (especially if my partner is someone who absolutely doesn't want bootlegs).  I'm really excited about this!
Instagram / Want List

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon Swap - SIGNUPS till 3/20 *3 days left*
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
This isn't normally done with swaps but since it's not a huge swap and some people have found a wishlish they want to shop for...
If there is someone you want to shop for, LMK and I will TRY to pair you up with that person. I would need this request by 11:59 PM EST on the 20th. It's still a secrete swap though, so NO TELLING who you are shopping for till your partner receives their package...'kay?

PM sent!!! *is all excited*

Post Merge: March 17, 2015, 10:16:47 PM

Guys pleeeeeeeease post collection pics sooon!! Im READY to start shopping or looking for stuff to buy!!!!!!!  :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:16:47 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Swap - SIGNUPS till 3/20 - 2 days left
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2015, 12:02:43 AM »
Poor Mr Mime. He is getting no love here. He is kinda creepy

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2015, 12:09:14 AM »

He's a little too humanoid for me :lol:

I love muk/grimer and trubbish/garbodor and a lot of people hate them :lol:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2015, 12:19:31 AM »
Umm...What is the difference between the Moncolle figures and the Monster figures? Just a different language?

I don't mind muk or grimer. I think the only one from the original pokedudes that I really do not like is mewtwo and electrabuzz. Ooh and Zubat.  I don't have a 3DS, so I am pretty clueless about the newest generation.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:33:36 AM by tikibirds »

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2015, 12:38:32 AM »
Umm...What is the difference between the Moncolle figures and the Monster figures?

I don't mind muk or grimer. I think the only one from the original pokedudes that I really do not like is mewtwo and electrabuzz. Ooh and Zubat.  I don't have a 3DS, so I am pretty clueless about the newest generation.

Easy answer! Both are the official TOMY figures-the japanese packages will say Moncolle, short for "Monster Collection". Its also a little bit about old versions versus new, so collectors dont confuse the two. I typically see the original Auldey/TOMY figures from 1998 called "Pocket Monster Monster Collection" and the newer TOMY's (both japanese and english) called Moncolle. Just compare a 1998 Auldey Bulbasaur to the new TOMY version, the difference is clear! Although IMO both versions of Dragonite and Mewtwo look nearly the same.  Moncolle are technically still Monster Collection and some Moncole figures may also come with a platform. Hope this helps!!!!
***To my swap partner, I perfer the original 1998-2000 Monster Collection TOMY/Auldey over the new Moncolle figures!

If you look at my collection photos tikibirds, you can see my old school monster collection toys in their packaging (hanging above my door) and the new packaging for the new figures for preference!! I have the old and new eevee! :-) :-) :-)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:07:38 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »
I really want to take part but don't have the time to fill out the application right now. I'm going to do it first thing tomorrow !!!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »
a note to my partner i generally don't like popular over hyped pokemon such as pikachu mewtwo lucario  etc as i feel they get so much attention and merch (although i do really like charizard but hes a dragon so i have to make a exception) also i dont hate any pokemon, but pokemon of inanimate objects don't appeal to me. also note if i have a pokemon listed that in the middle of its evolutionary line I like that one way more than eather of its evolutions such as groyvle and nidorino.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »
Yay, only two more days! :frolic: Can't wait to get partners!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2015, 05:38:27 AM »
I should be able to get pictures of my collection up today. Feeling better than yesterday, and since I work in a kitchen my boss told me to not come in until I'm fully recovered, so I have some time on my hands lol. I can not tell you how excited I am to have partners sent out. I can't wait!!

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2015, 05:49:14 AM »
a note to my partner i generally don't like popular over hyped pokemon such as pikachu mewtwo lucario  etc as i feel they get so much attention and merch (although i do really like charizard but hes a dragon so i have to make a exception) also i dont hate any pokemon, but pokemon of inanimate objects don't appeal to me. also note if i have a pokemon listed that in the middle of its evolutionary line I like that one way more than eather of its evolutions such as groyvle and nidorino.

Yes, someone who knows my feels! I truly detest Pikachu, but I don't really hate any Pokemon... I just feel like some get too much attention over the others.  I'm also not nostalgic for the anime at all (I started playing the games when I was 8 and avoided the show because it looked dumb...mostly because of Ash), so I know that's where a lot of the popularity for certain Pokemon comes from.  I posted my plushie collection on Instagram and had so many people asking me where Pikachu was.  Sorry, not spending money on a Pokemon just because everyone else likes it. -_-

This is also why I'm fine with mostly handmade items from my swap partner and why I'm also okay with bootlegs.  The Pokemon I like the most just don't get the merch/attention.

Oh wait, I lied!  I do hate the elemental monkeys from gen 5.  They seriously annoy me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:51:04 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2015, 06:05:57 AM »
I love Pikachu so much, but I agree he has too much merch! D: WHERES MILOTIC PLUSH, POKEMON CENTER!? Stop making 1000000 pikachu variants and make me my wahtah snakie!!! :shakefist:

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2015, 06:06:52 AM »
My collection is still in the moving boxes :blush:

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2015, 06:55:43 AM »
Right there with yall. Its not that I hate pikachu its just that its everywhere, like Pinkie Pie, EVERYWHERE.... that you get sick of seeing them

I do not care for him at all. If her were more of a critter looking pokemon I think I'd be ok with him.... i kind of want to start drawing him now and see if I can make him more animal like... hmmmm

I want to start making art gifts now!! (must wait till partners are assigned so I don't go overboard and just start making tons of pokemon goodies pointlessly)

That being said, if anyone needs someone to draw art for their partner feel free to PM me and we can work something out. I remember for the mlp Army swap I was commissioned to create a bunch of ATCs of a particular pony for the person to send to their partner!
Just made up these cute bookmarks!

I feel like poor Leafeon needs more....
These are super simple and inexpensive but if people are interested in more detailed work I can 100% rock that as well!

*changed avatar to my favorite pokemons because Lala is excited about the swap*
Done as well!

I finally got round to doing my wish list and taking pictures of my not so impressive collection   -_- compared to others here it is nothing   :cry:

can I just mention that I read the name zubat earlier in the thread. I must say this pokemon is the only reason that I always have an electric type pokemon in my party because I can never knock it out with any other type. they are the bain of my life when I am in caves as I need to swap the pokemon that I would have in slot one on order to get out my electric type. fewf rant over haha

Do you have your own Pokemon Trainer, or images of what your trainer looks like from the X/Y games that you would want art/home made goods based off of?

No own  trainner/image but when I was little and pokemon had litterally just come out, I was the young person that loved horses so you can imagine that ponyta and rapidash where the favourates at the time but I did sort of design a pokemon but based on a water element and one on grass types. I just wished that I had kept the pictures. haha sad but I figured they needed more horse types. the water one was called droppletmon (I was crazy on digimon as well when I thought of them hence the mon at the end) and the grass type was leafymon not very original but hey I was young

I cannot wait for partners then I can start shopping properly  :biggrin:
I totally created Leafeon. Well pretty much. I always loved the eevee evolutions but when we played in the neighborhood there were kids that each claimed the 3 that were out so I had to make my own. I was a vegetarian so it seemed appropriate to make vegetarion a leaf version of an eevee evolution. Mind you this was back in 1996 so Leafeon was not out yet. I was dumbstruck when Leafeon first came out I remember flipping out and screaming "I made that! They stole vegetarion!!" I wonder if the kids that we use to play with look at Leafeon and think "oh snap that girl we use to play with created that!" I honestly think my version was a little more flashy and even though I don't care for new pokemon all the eevee evolutions still find a way to make it into my heart.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:19:11 PM by UrocyonFox »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal