collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pinkie Pie's Boutique re-release in The Entertainer? (UK)  (Read 665 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Pinkie Pie's Boutique re-release in The Entertainer? (UK)
« on: March 10, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
Sooo I was browsing to see if The Entertainer had listed anything new, and they had! Well, kind of:

http://www.thetoyshop.com/My-Little-Pony/My-Little-Pony-Pink-and-Fabulous-Pinkie-Pie-Pony/p/521854

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...Huh. This line was originally exclusive to TRU (who kindly jacked the prices right up, this particular pony was originally £21.99 at Toys R Us. Scalpers.), but the Equestria Girls doll ended up exclusive to Sainsburys (who seem to like having exclusive toys and then never putting them on shelves, lookin' at you, Cadence and Shining Armour FS set).

It's interesting, and I wonder if the next Target exclusives might end up in The Entertainer over TRU? I hope so; their prices are much kinder to my wallet...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkie Pie's Boutique re-release in The Entertainer? (UK)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:52:49 PM »
A lot of the TRU or Target "exclusives" end up in the UK or Canada eventually- as non exclusives.  I think they are only considered "exclusive" in the US.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
A lot of the TRU or Target "exclusives" end up in the UK or Canada eventually- as non exclusives.  I think they are only considered "exclusive" in the US.

Sainsburys have stickered their exclusives, I don't think any other stores have, but as certain lines have only shown up in certain stores, I assume they have/had exclusive rights to the items, else they would show up elsewhere? I figured the special lines were a package deal, so it's surprising to see one single item from a line show up (TRU have been clearance-ing their PPB line for what, a year now? I think if they had exclusivity that contract expired a while ago).

Store exclusives overall seem to be less of a big deal here than in the US :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 08:14:34 AM »
I hope more turn up away from TRU. The staff in my local are lovely, but the store itself is a total rip-off. Out of all the toy stores in the UK, they're also the least likely to have a sale on their products (seriously - mine have stuff that was retired 5 years ago that they still won't reduce it).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 08:24:13 AM »
I hope more turn up away from TRU. The staff in my local are lovely, but the store itself is a total rip-off. Out of all the toy stores in the UK, they're also the least likely to have a sale on their products (seriously - mine have stuff that was retired 5 years ago that they still won't reduce it).

Their prices are disgusting :/ They are the only shop in my area with FS Daisy Dreams and Apple Jack but I'm not paying £16.99 for them when the same assortment is £7 at Argos (I am so tempted to try and do a switcharoo but I think Argos sticker their toys with the catalogue numbers). When I went last month they still had Christmas stock - a whole aisle of it - reduced by maybe 20% at most. The shop is always empty, even when I go in on a Saturday...

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
I hate TRU's pricing too. And I hate the fact that the other big toy store chain in Finland has pulled their prices up to the same level with TRU.  >_<

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
Perhaps TRU had an initial exclusivity on the line? I have noticed that things that were only in set stores sometimes turn up with The Entertainer (and Tesco as their reseller) a while after - I have a feeling they are an age stockist (hence why we sometimes see very old items with them)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 03:38:50 PM »
Perhaps TRU had an initial exclusivity on the line? I have noticed that things that were only in set stores sometimes turn up with The Entertainer (and Tesco as their reseller) a while after - I have a feeling they are an age stockist (hence why we sometimes see very old items with them)

I'm not sure what their deal is- but they seem to have some new stuff too. At least, they had those new Novis. (I thought they had a new Twilight but did some research and she is really old- supporting your theory)
Maybe they are a discount retailer of sorts?  Their prices are surprisingly good for the UK
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:48:36 PM by Galactica »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »

I'm not sure what their deal is- but they seem to have some new stuff too. At least, they had those new Novis. (I thought they had a new Twilight but did some research and she is really old- supporting your theory)
Maybe they are a discount retailer of sorts?  Their prices are surprisingly good for the UK

I did some nosing and they are an age stockist - which means they are offered older stock by manufacturers as well as current lines. Thats probably why we see some of these things.

I have always known them as a really good toy source - they are the only national independent toy store in the UK and they have some serious buying power for their size. I think that allows them much more flexibility in what they stock and in what quantities instead of being tied up to international buying groups as stores like TRU are.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal