collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deco/Decora/Decoden/Cake/Sweet Themed Customs (My First Customs! Very Pic Heavy)  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
Oh man I'm so excited to present these ponies!  I thought up this project a couple months ago, and it's gotten me back into MLP in a big way.

First, a little background:

I've seen Deco/Decora/Decoden with ponies in it (not generally something I care for), but never with the Pony as the focus.  I thought some ponies decorated up like little cakes would be wonderful (especially since my partner has just started his career as a baker), and I've been having a lot of fun on this project!  These girls are all sweet and cake themed, each done up like an elegant desert with 'whipped' manes and tails as well as other dollops of creme all decorated thematically.

Eyes are Hasbro original, symbols and other details are painted with acrylic paint, details are hand sculpted in polymer clay or made of glass or plastic beads, the 'whipped topping' is piped silicone caulking and has a little bit of 'squish' to the touch.

I hope folks like these!  This is my first shot into customizing, and now that I've finished, these girls need new homes.  Because they are my first try, there are a few things about them that are less than perfect, with their bait bodies some have a nibble here or there, or a mark that was just too stubborn to come off.  I'm still getting the hang of really neat symbols, and the technique of how I'm making these.  Generally their photos will indicate any flaws but I can provide further detail shots if desired.

I'm thinking of asking $25 for each of these ponies (not including shipping), or I'd be happy to trade for something from my wishlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,366833.0.html.  I'm open to any reasonable offer though, if something strikes someone's fancy.  If folks like these, I do intend to do more with different themes too!

Without further ado.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Chocolate Orange is very fancy with a little twist of zest on her hoof.  She is decorated with chocolate sprinkles and dragees, as well as orange slices and and orange twist.  Her symbol is painted in a sparkling orange and she is finished with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

Crisp Mint is quite sublime with her little chocolate accents.  She is decorated with chocolate sprinkles and twists, as well as mint leaves.  She is finished with a drizzle of mint sauce.

Chocolate Cherry Bombe is very flashy with her chocolate and cherry accents.  She is decorated with chocolate chunks, cherries, and a chocolate sauce.  She is finished with a drizzle of red cherry sauce.  Her symbol is a chocolate covered cherry on her DS and a pair of cherries on her NDS.

Mango Medley is very bold with her many tropical fruit accents.  She is decorated with orange, pineapple, and pomegranate.  She is finished with a drizzle of mango sauce.  Her symbol is a mango with mango slices.

Bright Berry Medley is a sweet little pony just covered in berries.  She is decorated with strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry.  She is finished with a drizzle raspberry and blueberry sauce.  Her symbol is a triad of berries.

She is also an articulated pony.  Her back legs fold such that she can sit.

Strawberry Sugar is very elegant with her delicate symbol and cookies.  She is decorated with strawberries and pirouline cookies.  She is finished with a drizzle of strawberry sauce.  Her symbol is cut strawberries with delicately curling vines.

Dark Chocolate Rosewater and White Chocolate Rosewater are both delicate girls with sweet accents. They are decorated with white and dark chocolate sheets and sprinkles, and both drizzled in chocolate sauce.  Each sister has a white or dark chocolate rose for her symbol.

Beloved birthday is a delicate little cake themed pony.  She is decorated with crisp biscuits and pastel rainbow sprinkles.  Her symbol is a strawberries and creme birthday cake.

Sundae Sprinkles lives up to her name with a Neapolitan coloration and tons of rainbow sprinkles.  She is decorated chocolate curls and squares, and many many rainbow sprinkles.  She is finished with drizzles of vanilla and chocolate icing.

Pomegranate Punch is a bold pony with her dark chocolate and bright red pomegranate accents.  She is decorated shiny pomegranate seeds and dark chocolate drizzles.  Her symbol is a cut pomegranate on her DS and a whole pomegranate on her NDS.  Her hooves are chocolate dipped.

Whipple White Chocolate Blueberry is named after the brand of faux whipped cream used in many decoden projects.  She is blueberries and white chocolate chunks.  She is finished with a drizzle of blueberry sauce.  Her symbols are shimmery blueberries.

Strawberry Lemon-aid Chiffon is an elegant pony.  She is decorated lemon and strawberry slices and an extra twist of lemon zest.  Her symbol is a glass of fizzy pink lemon-aid finished with a slice of lemon.

Mother Blueberry Bright and Daughter Blueberry Creme are both merrily decorated with bright blue blueberries.  Both have Blueberry and sugar pearl decorations, and are finished with a drizzle of blueberry sauce.  Both have symbols of many blueberries.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:47:27 PM by Featherwurm »

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
*Jaw drops*

These are absolutely stunning! I like the looks of Beloved Birthday the most.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
These are amazingly beautiful! I love them all but my favorite is Pomegranate Punch.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
 :inlove:

I love decoden ANYTHING and I think these are absolutely gorgeous!  If you ever do these with G1 or G4 ponies, I'll be aaaalll over this!
Instagram / Want List

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Those are very very cool! Great job! They look totally yummy!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Asobi

• Trade Count: (0)
Wow, they're amazing. I love Crisp Mint, probably because she reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream which is my favorite. They're all so cute though and they're making me hungry for something sweet!

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Mmm!  I want to lick Crisp Mint!
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
I think you're underselling yourself by asking $25 per pony. :) I am by no means an expert on custom pricing, but given the amount of sculpting work (which is gorgeous, btw!) I would say the $35-40 range is much more fitting.

I love decoden! We had a few people who sued to make deco pony customs but they sadly fell off the face of the earth. I'm very happy to see someone crafting them again!

Offline Peloria

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
these are so sweet! I like Berry Medley the best :3

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
I think you're underselling yourself by asking $25 per pony. :) I am by no means an expert on custom pricing, but given the amount of sculpting work (which is gorgeous, btw!) I would say the $35-40 range is much more fitting.

I love decoden! We had a few people who sued to make deco pony customs but they sadly fell off the face of the earth. I'm very happy to see someone crafting them again!

Aw, thank you, I know it is pretty low, but these are my very first go, and I feel like I've got the idea and most of the technique, but they're not 100% at the level of perfection I would like them to be.  I certainly think I can get there, and with such a positive response I think there will definitely be more in the future!  I'd like to be sure they get to the right homes, and I know times are tough for a lot of people.  I value my own work, but I want to be fair in pricing too.

Also, to everyone else, thank you so so much!  I'm really glad you guys like them!  I was nervous about presenting things, but now I'm very happy to share.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
awesome so well done

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Blindfaith

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
oh wow these are so cute and yummy

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
I'm drooling all over my desk. They look awesome. And the idea is great. Yummy ponys!!! :D

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Well done, I see lots of good work, a little more balance in one or two spots and you shall have it nailed.  Also might want to think about a little gloss for the dripping sauces, most good chocolate makers when they do it have that nice shine to their chocolate when it hardens.  That would really make them pop even more!  Great jobs and you are very spot on with your color combos.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
They look delicious! :D

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!