collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Exclusive Line: Power Ponies  (Read 35836 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ponies Brushables (Twilight Sparkle)
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
Pretty cool actually! However I would probably only buy if they were these ponies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Uhhh....why are they weird colors? <:/ The Mane 6 looked nothing like this in The Power Ponies episode :s (body color wise)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »
Pretty cool actually! However I would probably only buy if they were these ponies.

Uhhh....why are they weird colors? <:/ The Mane 6 looked nothing like this in The Power Ponies episode :s (body color wise)

This is what the Power Ponies actually look like personally I like to colors especially Radiance, Zapp and Fili-Second(her colors are just like Bright Eyes from MLP Tales)

For Sale Wants

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 08:38:38 PM »

This is why I wish the toy designers were allowed to design the ponies for the show/ comics and not the other way around.  I just find these colors very unappealing.

Hasbro used to design the toys and then have the animators include them as background ponies.  Now the media is dictating the toy design and it is leading to a lot of ponies with very muted designs/ colors.  I know some people like it but I really miss nicely designed ponies like Dewdrop Dazzle and Blossomforth.

I think we'd have a LOT more pink ponies if that were the case, then. I looked at my G4's the other day and though I don't have ALL of the uniques (main characters excluded) it's still a sea of pinks and purples... Same with a lot of the G3's I have as well. I'd LOVE to see more muted pony colors. I think unappealing colors on ponies makes them interesting in my opinion. It also makes said ponies feel a little more spontaneous, especially if we're supposed to swallow the fact that these colors are naturally occurring for them if you're taking the cartoon into account. Not every pony would be born with colors that all align nicely on the color wheel. Throwing a wrench in that "aesthetically pleasing" engineering every once in a while is a good way to shake things up a bit. G1 had all kinds of ghastly colors and even gimmick ideas and look at how much love G1 gets.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:46:18 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
Eh, I think we would have the exact same number of pink and purple regardless.  That's the one thing that the market would make sure of.  That's why we had Pinklestia and then Cadance.

I understand that not everyone is going to like the same thing, but the reason i like Mlp is because of the pretty candy colored ponies.  I have other options, like Breyers, for naturally colored horse toys to collect if I wanted to.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2015, 09:31:33 PM »
Eh, I think we would have the exact same number of pink and purple regardless.  That's the one thing that the market would make sure of.  That's why we had Pinklestia and then Cadance.

I understand that not everyone is going to like the same thing, but the reason i like Mlp is because of the pretty candy colored ponies.  I have other options, like Breyers, for naturally colored horse toys to collect if I wanted to.
I'm not talking about just neutral, realistic colors specifically. A pale blue or burnt orange is more along the lines of what I'm referring to. Uh... Maude Pie I suppose is a decent example. Overall she is very purple, even her coat is a purplish gray. She has totally unrealistic colors but they don't smack you in the face or pop as brighly as Rarity's mane or Twilight's coat.  You can still have candy-colored horses while still maintaining a darker end of the spectrum. Ironically a good part of the FIM fandom has the opposite opinion. OCs with lots of vibrant color schemes are often criticized a lot more due to their bolder colors as the colors of ponies in the show often do have softer or even pastel color schemes.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I  do indeed love brightly colored ponies just as much as the darker ones. Some of my favorite G1's all have near-neon colors in their manes and tails.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:35:59 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2015, 12:36:39 AM »

This is what the Power Ponies actually look like personally I like to colors especially Radiance, Zapp and Fili-Second(her colors are just like Bright Eyes from MLP Tales)
Uhhh....am I missing something here?  :lookround:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 01:02:27 AM »

Uhhh....am I missing something here?  :lookround:

Lol, I think you are XD  The Power Ponies are not the mane six, but rather the mane six were filling the Power Ponies' shoes for a while.  That picture is a photoshopped version of the mane six to look like the 'original' Power Ponies. The reason you don't remember the original Power Ponies is because they were only in the comics

Signature by LordBlumiere

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 03:03:19 AM »
I actually like the mane 6 in the Power Pony costumes better. I think their color schemes match the costumes better.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 05:16:05 AM »
Well you guys do realize this is going to be another set? Possibly a TRU Set? I'm still wondering the flower power ponies are going to be a set. Either way I really don't care for this version of Twilight so I'm going to pass XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 08:55:24 AM »

I'm not talking about just neutral, realistic colors specifically. A pale blue or burnt orange is more along the lines of what I'm referring to. Uh... Maude Pie I suppose is a decent example. Overall she is very purple, even her coat is a purplish gray. She has totally unrealistic colors but they don't smack you in the face or pop as brighly as Rarity's mane or Twilight's coat.  You can still have candy-colored horses while still maintaining a darker end of the spectrum. Ironically a good part of the FIM fandom has the opposite opinion. OCs with lots of vibrant color schemes are often criticized a lot more due to their bolder colors as the colors of ponies in the show often do have softer or even pastel color schemes.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I  do indeed love brightly colored ponies just as much as the darker ones. Some of my favorite G1's all have near-neon colors in their manes and tails.

I feel like we are coming at this from different places and so are never going to agree.  The crux of it is that while I watch and enjoy the show, I am not a fan of FiM.  I am a fan of MLP the toyline.  And I like pretty colored ponies.  To my own artistic sentiments, I am seeing a lot of ugly or uninspired color combos coming from the show/comics.  *shrugs*  That's just the way I feel.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »

I'd be more interested in these than dressed-up mane 6, even if the outfits do clash. :lol: I'm so over mane 6, no matter what the gimmick. I really don't mind muted or natural colors on ponies either.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:11:37 AM by Flitter »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
Oh that's cool!  I hope they do the entire set-

As much as I like different characters- I don't think it would make sense to do the "original" power ponies vs. the MLP:FIM characters dressed up as power ponies- more kids will have seen the cartoon (which never shows the original characters) than the comic- which is a spin off anyway.

I've always thought the designs of the Power Ponies were a little clashy and questionable- but there are a couple that I really liked- and it would be fun to have the set (if only to go with my Mane-iac pony!)  I only wish they would do a good job with them and not take shortcuts like painting only the outside of the hooves (which I'm sure they will do to these ponies)

Curious to see the final product for sure!

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »
That horrible moment when you remember the Fair/SDCC exclusive last year and how a set of the power ponies would go along with it so they make that this year's exclusive.

(please nooooo)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 07:41:55 AM »
It's unique enough, but I'm probably gonna pass. The colors aren't really my thing and I wasn't a massive fan of the Power Ponies episode. Cute idea, though.  :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »

That horrible moment when you remember the Fair/SDCC exclusive last year and how a set of the power ponies would go along with it so they make that this year's exclusive.

(please nooooo)

I agree. Not because they wouldn't be a good exclusive but because I'm not going to either event so it would be hard for me to obtain. Plus if they are exclusives then that shoots the whole new colors for custom bait thing out of the water.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal