collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok... I have to ask....  (Read 29827 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ok... I have to ask....
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »
So glad you got her, and awesome that she's real!  You have some of the most beautiful ponies :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
Thanks everyone.. Shes in the spa.. I will have some glamour shots of her tomorrow.. Galactica Im sorry to hear you also have a missing package..
I sure hope it comes in soon..
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
Thank you for those pictures of her inside.

The plastic things holding her tail together are cable ties :) I use those all the time to either create a tail for a custom or replace a rusted tail washer.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
I'm glad she turned up safe! I had a doll once whose tracking said she had arrived here at 6am, when we don't even have delivery that early. It turned out someone at the postal depot had signed for it.,.which, although I then collected it, bothered me more than a bit!

Looking forward to the glamour pics!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »
The mane and tail are the same conststancy so they definately go together.  The hair quality feels like the painting time prototype i have. Lol i guess us collectors werent the first ones to think of cable ties. I guess the hasbro workers knew a thing or two.

Here is her symbol next to painting time proto. They seem to be similiar in consistancy so maybe they were a from a similiar production stage?

I also wanted to show eye comparisions to painting time proto and a normal hong kong butterscotch.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:21:04 PM by Ember1 »
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline ponindepedenza!

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:30 AM »
Congrats on getting her.
With this kind of pony I never know what to think... How can someone be sure hair is original ?
I mean, with the correct rerooting method you can do something that really looks like "factory weaved", and the cable ties make me think of a custom too. In fact, if you add the painted on symbols and eyes, it really looks like a custom to me.
I would love to be able to be sure it is the real deal, but there is always a part of me thinking it is not...

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2015, 06:10:57 AM »
I get what your saying but if i was trying to make a 100 percent original looking custom and went through all the trouble of trying to replicate factory weave why wouldnt i use a normal sundance tail? By the way her hair matches sundance's color and quality and is genuine pony hair.  Plus she resembles painting time proto quite a bit so i am leaning toward initial stage proto. Her tail was so tangled and dry it took me many rounds of conditioning. I asked the seller just now and her reply is.

"Im very happy that she arrived yestergay an we dont to any look at the dhlfollowingpage . i buy her as an orginal not as an custom".

Seller also stated she was purchased around 1997 so that was before most of the online communities were established.

Like taffeta said, I dont think its possible to prove this stage of prototype for painting time or for sundance unless we find evidence in an old catalogue or commercial.

Sundance tail comparison. Tails are identical so she does have genuine pony hair. Keep in mind the hong kong sundance i am comparing her to is mint and fresh out of her box.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:51:51 AM by Ember1 »

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2015, 08:26:01 AM »
She's really cute, congratulations !

I have a few questions if you don't mind ;)
Is the body feel the same as other CP ?
Do you have a close picture of the hooves ?

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2015, 08:58:23 AM »
Here are her hooves. The writting has a faint/blurred appearance. Her body is a bit harder than the normal cp pose.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:02:48 AM by Ember1 »

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2015, 09:41:44 AM »
She is pretty, I prefer her in this pose! :heart:

Although I have to say I find the cable tie to be quite strange... Do you happen to have a pic of inside your Painting Time's washer/tail to compare?

Babydoll~
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:49:56 AM by Babydoll »

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
Painting time prototype has a plastic tail washer too!!

Here is an eye comparison. Painting time is strange too as the outside of her body has been painted over an entirely different color. The inside of her body is a dark pink.

Post Merge: March 21, 2015, 10:19:30 AM

PAINTING TIME HAS A PLASTIC WASHER TOO!!! I just looked.. She has a plastic washer just like sundance!!! wow.. I never knew that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:09:55 AM by Ember1 »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:57 AM »
This is a bit off topic, but I have this really silly image in my head now of Paintingtime all embarrassed because you took her tail out and showed it to the world xD.

...Too much sun. Ignore me. I'm fine.

This thread and the images are really interesting. Keep them coming :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
Yes Taffetta.. She is a little embarassed but proud too! She can educated us more about her "people"

Actually its a good thing I have paintingtime prototype for comparison. Being able to show that another prototype out there has the same plastic tail holder is I think very telling and helps us to understand a little bit more about them. I would have never thought to look at her tail if babydoll hadn't said something.. Thank you babydoll!

Painting time has two proto sisters.. Music time and playtime? I know an arena member has music time so if that person would like to come forward to show us music time's tail holder that would be great to see too..

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:14:01 AM by Ember1 »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »
So, this is going a bit off topic, but seeing the close up of Paintingtime made me think of something. I've been doing the 1991 pages for the Scrapbook lately, and I've been doing the Schooltime pony pages today...so that's why this has dawned on me now.

I realise this is a bit off topic from Sundance, but it just struck me suddenly.

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/schooltimeinsert.jpg

THis is the UK insert for the Schooltime Ponies from 1990-1. I always thought they looked a mite weird in this photo, especially their eyes. Now, the symbol on this one looks more edged than yours, Ember, so I may be well off base, but I wonder if that's the basis for the painted ponies? If not for this image, then for something else. TV commercial, maybe?

If that's the case, though, it makes it less likely that Sundance relates to the UK since, if Hasbro UK painted pony bodies as idea bases, they wouldn't have made Sundance. There are no white CP ponies in Hasbro UK's catalogue for the entire of the MLP release range, since there are no Birthflower Ponies over here. They wouldn't have had any white bodies to work with, so they would've probably needed to paint a Peachy or someone to make a proto-Sundance, and, with her being such a success in the US and the UK in the first year, I don't really think they'd go to the trouble of trying. If she is a test model, she must come originally from somewhere else. Even if she took a trip here at some point ;)

I still think there are more questions than answers where she is concerned, though this whole discussion is still really interesting.

And, as I said, the whole Schooltime pony thing...just occured to me.

Sorry for the quality of the image. My scanner is dead so I'm having to use my camera, which hates me at the moment.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2015, 11:54:10 AM »
Yes Taffetta.. She is a little embarassed but proud too! She can educated us more about her "people"

Actually its a good thing I have paintingtime prototype for comparison. Being able to show that another prototype out there has the same plastic tail holder is I think very telling and helps us to understand a little bit more about them. I would have never thought to look at her tail if babydoll hadn't said something.. Thank you babydoll!

Painting time has two proto sisters.. Music time and playtime? I know an arena member has music time so if that person would like to come forward to show us music time's tail holder that would be great to see too..

Well that's me convinced, congrats Ember1 she looks gorgeous all dressed up in that last pic! So jelly! :heart:

Babydoll~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal