collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your favorite/least favorite MLP color combo?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
What are your favorite/least favorite MLP color combo?
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »

For me, I'm going to be a Negative Ned and go with the least favorite first. I think it would have to be blue bodies with dark fuchsia hair. Hasbro was on quite a jag with this color combo for a while mid-G1 run: Princess Royal Blue and Sweet Tooth in Year 5, Cranberry Muffins in Year 6, and Tassles and Baby Shaggy in Year 7. I like Sweet Tooth well enough but generally this just isn't the color scheme for me.

I have so many favorites I don't know where to start . . . but I'm going to go really typical and say I like pinkish bodies with pinkish hair! Cotton Candy . . . Lickety-Split (pinkish-purple body) . . . Heart-Throb (also pinkish-purple body) . . . they're just so sweet and fresh looking:)

Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite/least favorite MLP color combo?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »
I have to agree with your least-favorite choice, pink and blue rarely mix well together in my opinion. Red and green, orange and green, pink and green are all combinations that make me go, "Blech!"

As for favorites, any colors that complement one another well are nice. I'm especially fond of white and purple.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:48:20 PM »
I think my favorite color combos are yellow with red hair, blue with pink hair, and white with multi-colored hair!
My least favorite...hrm...probably orange or pink with green hair.
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »
I love blue bodies with white hair, and yellow with purple or blue hair.
I really dislike pink ponies with yellow hair. It looks like they're sunburned.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
I like funky color combinations: blue body / pink hair; green body / pink or red hair; orange body / green hair. But then there are certain ponies like Applejack or Butterscotch or Glory that I love which have much simpler and gentler color schemes.

My least favorite color combo is mid / pale purple body with light pink hair, or a pink body with pink hair. They just seem almost ...typical? generic? pre-determinedly girlie? to me. I don't dislike all of them (Lickety Split and Cotton Candy are nice) but on the whole they're a pass for me.

I'm also not usually crazy for floral themed ponies (Posey is the exception there) or rainbow haired ponies (it all blends together to me for some reason). Maybe I would feel different if I saw these for real rather than via a computer, but those are my views for now. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 09:05:44 PM »
I like  pink w/ blue hair, yellow w/ blue hair, white w/ purple hair, blue w/ yellow hair and pink w/ yellow hair

What I typically don't like is orange w/ pink hair, purple w/ pink hair and ponies that have a body and hair that are two shades of the same color (There are exceptions to that last part though: Mirror Mirror, Blueberry Baskets, Swirly Whirly & G3 Sno Glo)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
I'm not the biggest fan of chartreuse hair on any colour body, although there are a couple of ponies who rock it (Sweet notes, lol! And Princess Pristina's odd colour combo which is kinda cool).

I really like white hair on ponies (who are meant to have white hair - Nightglider, Minty, Powder), but as a repeated hair/body colour combo, I've always liked white ponies with blue hair (Majesty, Dutch Star, de-flocked Cupcake...)  :)

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »
I don't think I have a least favorite color combo. I like color combos with pink, although that might just be favorite color bias. Light colors with white, I guess?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »
I tend to like darker colors, like Glory's or Moondancer's or Gusty's hair, and Taffeta's body.  I think white hair on a dark body is gorgeous. 

I think my least favorite combo is white body/pink hair.  It's just too overdone.  Pink body/white hair is fine though, lol! 

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:18 AM »
I like a lot of combos... My absolute favourite is a white body with brightly coloured hair (Moondancer, Gusty, Majesty, Glory, Apple Delight Family, Sugarberry, the list goes on and on). I also love purple/pink (Love Story, lavender Ember), yellow/pink (Tex, Tappy, Twinkle Dancer, Toedancer), and blue/pink (Shaggy, Pictures, Posey Rose, Tippytoes). A nice warm colour scheme involving red/orange/yellow (Sunburst, Rosette, Lollipop, Apple Delights again) is beautiful, too! And the old marketing faithful of orange/blue (Barnacle, Tuneful, Sandcastle and Shovels).

I have a bit of a personal bias against neon, so my least favourite pony of any kind has to be one with mimatched neon hair. Like that green used on Morning Glory and other Flutter ponies. I especially don't like highlighter shades on pastel coloured ponies. It's okay for the Rainbow and Tropical ponies because their entire colour scheme is built around it, but for someone like Buzzer or Whirly, it's like... why couldn't you have nice bold hair like Sports-Time or Shovels? Or be like Mainsail, match neon symbols to your hair. Tropical Breeze has lovely dark pink symbols and eyes and then that clashing neon red hair on top... Match one to the other, please. >_< The first set of SHS ponies and their accessories are such a beautiful example of flowing colour schemes, everybody take note.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 02:13:56 AM »
Favourites: white with purple/ blue, but also blue/green/ yellow (when done right)
Least favourite: Pink body and yellow hair
Pony combos I can't stand are Raspberry Jam, Mainsail, Speedy, Sunbeam (SHS) They're just ergh

Good thing that they're plenty of other I like :)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 02:25:31 AM »
My favourites are: Yellow with blue hair, blue with yellow hair, purple with yellow or green hair, white with purple or blue hair.
And my least favourites are: Yellow with green hair and pink with green hair.

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 02:31:03 AM »
Mmmmm! Difficult question! I have many favourites! I think white body fits well in any combination. To say a favourite I would say blue body and white hair. I like contrasts so the more darker body/hair the better for me.
And least favourite: pink body and green/ blue hair.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 02:48:49 AM »
I'm not a fan of dark pink with purple hair, e.g. baby Ember, North Star but I love both those ponies. Ponies with similar hair to body colour e.g. green on green... Angel, Medley are often winners for me and white unicorns with Glory being my favorite.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »
Favourite: teal/purple (e.g. High Flyer) or blue/purple (e.g. Puddles & Peeks), soft pink/white (e.g. Baby Lickety Split), purple/pink (e.g. Sniffles & Snookums)

Least favourite: any combination of glaring neon colours, particularly neon yellow/pink/green; orange/white (e.g. Wigwam)

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal