collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tough Minor Marks  (Read 278 times)

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
Tough Minor Marks
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »
Let's say you've just gotten a pre-loved pony whether it was from Ebay, a yardsale or a thrift store. She looks pretty awesome for something used. The hair is tangled but that is not a problem. Other than some surface dirt she's perfect! What a score! You start to clean the pony's body and while scrubbing or wiping the pony down you encounter a stubborn spot. What you thought was dirt is actually some weird mark! She has a few now that you really give the pony a good once-over after cleaning off the initial surface dirt. You bust out the Magic Eraser and even carefully try acetone to remove those pesky spots but with no success. They aren't very noticeable and don't detract from the overall look of the pony but now that you know they are there it really bugs you.

Personally what do you guys do in situations like this? Do you resort to sunfading? Ignore them? Paint over them? Ditch her for that's actually mint? Make a bait out of her?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:25:02 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Tough Minor Marks
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »
It would depend on what the mark was as to whether I decided to make some more attempts to remove or give up straight away.

However I am a fussy collector so if after everything the mark was simply not going anywhere, the poor pony would be headed for resale while I tracked down an upgrade. Apologies...I am hard core :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 03:16:56 PM »
If they aren't that noticible or too big ... I leave them be.  better that than damaging the Pony perhaps even more by accident.

Hugs
  Robin

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »
I just had this exact thing happen with a G2 McD pony, so she's sunfading to see if that helps.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:35:13 AM »
I would probably have bonded with the pony by the cleaning process was done so I would keep her as is. I'm a bit sentimental. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal