collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need Some Custom Advice!  (Read 367 times)

Offline Kimmorz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kimmorz.com
Need Some Custom Advice!
« on: March 03, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
So I've been wanting to make my own custom forever. I always thought it'd be cool to have my own custom, and I thought it'd be nice to try it out myself. I managed to get my hands on the styling size (8 inch) Rarity, who is the perfect base for what I want (and also I can't work small). I've been following guides I've found online to help get me started, but I have a couple of questions, and I thought some of you here would have some answers!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's a size reference to a normal G4 brushable.

So, the first thing I'm having trouble with.. is getting the last little bit of hair out of the head. The hole in the neck is too small, and the head too large for my hemostats to be able to reach the hair at the very top of the head. I'm not sure if anyone has any good recommendations on how I can get that last little bit removed.

The next thing is I'm stuck on how much hair I'll need to buy. I was going to buy the hair from Dollyhair.com. I also am still debating on what color best matches, this is what her mane colors look like. If anyone has suggestions (it doesn't have to be from Dollyhair either, if you know of something better), I'd love to hear them!

I think my only other concerns are how I'm going to do the eyes (I'm just wondering if I should paint over the existing eyes so I have a base to go off of- I'm terrified I'll have them completely different sizes otherwise!), and how I'm going to get that head back on the body.

I think that's it for now. Feel free to send me any other advice though, this is my first time after all.

Commissions | Shop | Reference | Wishlist

Offline Blindfaith

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need Some Custom Advice!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:20:09 AM »
forceps help. to get hair out, thin to get in to the neck.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 04:43:54 AM »
Longer hemostats could help, I have one long paid that I bought from some BJD shop and they are long enough for even styling g3.
As for colors, I think Dollyhair's tea rose and blueberry muffin might work. As to how much you'd need... I have no idea, I have never even seen a G4zilla out in the wild so I have no grasp of how big they really are. I hope someone else can help better!

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 06:58:05 AM »
I use almost or right at 4 hanks of hair for my fashion style customs.  I tend to root their hair very thick. I would guess maybe 6 hanks...possibly 8 depending on whether she will have bangs and how thick you want her hair to be.  You may need to punch more rows for the hair plugs if needed.

I'm guessing you're a stylist  ;) so consider the ideal texture and thickness of the hairstyle your custom's hair needs to be to achieve that look. 

Hope that helps!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal