collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Really "dumb" cellphone? (do they make them w/o internet anymore?)  (Read 739 times)

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I am in search of a cell phone that cannot access the internet.  I need talk and preferably text with a full keyboard. 

Seriously, does such a thing exist anymore?  I'm driving myself crazy looking....

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Really "dumb" cellphone? (do they make them w/o internet anymore?)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:51:31 AM »
I'm not sure if you can get them with full keyboards, but my husband refuses to get a smart phone, and even mine is just "average intelligence."  If you're wanting the absolute basics, your best bet will be to find a flip phone (yes, they still make them :) ), but you'll likely be stuck with the whole number pad keyboard issue.

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 06:07:49 AM »
There's always Nokia!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 06:17:27 AM »
I'm not entirely sure if a cell with a full keyboard yet no internet access is a thing that exists...  :lol:

Then again, it's been forever since I didn't have a smart phone. I'm the type that loves keeping up with the latest in cell phones.

Apparently Walmart still does the trac phone thing, and I know most of those are pretty basic.  You'd probably have better luck with something like that, as opposed to going with one of the big cell phone companies (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.).

I'm also going to agree with the Nokia posts!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:29:41 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:18:53 AM »
I love my non-smart phone and also refuse to get a smart phone!   ...okay, I lie, sort of... I do have a really cheap Aldi smart phone as a backup in case my real phone ever dies, but until that day I refuse to actually use it.

Do you have any phone repair shops nearby?  We have one in the city and they sell second hand, refurbished phones.  The shop is owned by an Arab couple and they're fantastic, really knowledgeable about all different phones.  They do all the work onsite and are really honest and fair-priced, so you don't get a dud like you might on the internet.

I guess you could try one of those blackberry things?  (I never owned one cos my candy-bar phone has been going strong for the last 8 years!)

Other than that... you can't go too wrong with Nokia

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:41 AM »
I have one! We got them last month. Dunno what it is though..... It's from Verizon and that's about all I know.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 07:12:40 AM »
There are several non smartphones that have full keyboards. It all depends on who your carrier really on who has what.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:38 AM »
I have a flip phone that doesn't have internet. It makes calls, sends texts, AND takes tiny pictures. Its everything I need

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:45:50 AM »
not sure--I haven't had a cell in years, and the last one I had was a 'dumb' phone but one of the latest models.

Smart phones 6 or 7 years ago weren't the norm..they were just starting to come out.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »
http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LG530G

The LG 560G might be what you're looking for. I have one, and while it can go online it's not really good at it. I use it for talk & text, and that's it. I need the keyboard rather than a touchscreen and sadly they are becoming more & more scarce.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
Those trac phones from Walmart might have that. They are cheap and run off prepaid cards, some may not even have internet.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 02:45:21 AM »
The LG 900G features a built-in 2.0MP digital camera with video for capturing special moments and an MP3 player & FM radio for listening to your favorite tunes on the go. Bluetooth® wireless technology allows for hands-free conversations. It sports a full QWERTY keyboard for easier texting, and it is app capable, so you can download your choice of java apps.
http://specials.net10wireless.com/catalog/phone/LG-900G-Refurbished

The perfect compliment to NET10 prepaid wireless service, the sleek, lightweight Motorola W408G flip phone offers an affordable way to stay in touch with family and friends. The phone has Bluetooth connectivity to connect to a hands-free device, a 1.3MP camera, an MP3 player, FM radio, speaker
http://specials.net10wireless.com/catalog/phone/Motorola-W408G

Most prepaid phones are smartphones these days, but there are some flip ones out there. i used to be able to get unlimited montly text and phone for $15 from net10 and now even that is like $40. Unlimited talk, text, data from smart talk is $48 so might as well go with that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:48:45 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 03:54:59 AM »
It would help to know what provider you want.

Sprint (my current provider) has Kyocera Verve, slide key board. It says web but when I talked to rep, he said it didn't have access to web beyond a couple of sites (I don't think he understood what I was asking) It is not a smart phone was all he said it would do facebook and email. I was trying to specify google maps (in case I get lost) and he said it wouldn't do google apps. I don't know if maps is considered and app now.  http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc8110002prd&deviceSKUId=81100154&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dt_phones&defaultContractTerm=

Verizon has LG Cosmos 3, slide keyboard  http://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/cosmos-3/
             and LGg Extravert 2 slide keyboard. It is under the basic phone section but it looks like a smart phone, so the key pad for making phone calls would be touch screen http://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/extravert-2/

I think you're going to be stuck with 'basic web' for most phones now specially with keyboards.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:58:43 AM by Aednatia »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal