collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question on Baby Glider (G1 Baby Fancy Pants)  (Read 446 times)

ponygrl07

• Trade Count: (0)
Question on Baby Glider (G1 Baby Fancy Pants)
« on: February 20, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »
I have a Baby Glider from the Baby Fancy Pants line, I know the ponies are suppose to be marked Thailand, but mine is marked China? Were they produced in China as well?

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Baby Glider (G1 Baby Fancy Pants)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
Mine is stamped Thailand, so your guess is as good as mine. My assumption would be she was made in both places, simply because they would have had the blanks, but we'd need one of the resident experts to chime in to know for sure. :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Category:Baby_Fancy_Pants_Ponies

The ponies sold in the US were marked made in Thailand, whereas the ones sold in Europe were made/marked in China. The Chinese made ones came in two versions, with either a long forelock or a short forelock. Also, only four of the six were made in China/sold in Europe.

Dots 'n Hearts, Glider, Starburst and Splashes were made in China. Congrats on your variant! Can you tell which forelock length she has too? :)

ponygrl07

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 12:47:28 PM »
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Category:Baby_Fancy_Pants_Ponies

The ponies sold in the US were marked made in Thailand, whereas the ones sold in Europe were made/marked in China. The Chinese made ones came in two versions, with either a long forelock or a short forelock. Also, only four of the six were made in China/sold in Europe.

Dots 'n Hearts, Glider, Starburst and Splashes were made in China. Congrats on your variant! Can you tell which forelock length she has too? :)
She has a short green forelock. So she was a European release? :shocked: I love finding odd balls in my herd. Most of my ponies are Yardsale purchases of the 90s love to find out that they have traveled so far!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:11:25 PM »
Mine says Thailand which figures because she came from a lovely lady in the USA  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
In this case these girls are the exception to the rule :) The Thailand release was the normal US release and the China girls the "variants" (although that word is a stretch :P) - to be more precise they were the version released outside the US.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal