collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 3DS game advice  (Read 711 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
3DS game advice
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
I got a 3ds the other day and my husband bought me Fantasy Life for Valentines day, but I would like other games to give me variety. Can anyone give me suggestions on what would be fun? I was looking into Harvest Moon, but there are so many I am not sure which one would be good for a starter.
I enjoy playing games like Sims, Minecraft and Overlord/ Minions- but I am not good at puzzles or fighting like Final Fantasy. I tried playing Pokemon Leaf Green, but some of it gets frustrating when there is a battle.
If theres a game like Farmville from Facebook I'd like that too.
Thank you

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS game advice
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
Ah, I love Overlord Minions!

I would recommend checking out Animal Crossing New Leaf and Disney Magical World. They might be to your liking :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »
Seconding Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It's a very relaxing and fun game.

Tomodachi Life is one I play a lot. You have an island that you can make up to 100 mii's on and check on them daily. They have problems you need to solve, games to play with them, friends to help them make, and they can also fall in love, marry, and have children! There's little activities you can do by the hour and you can teach them songs to sing and even change the words to silly things.

I believe Story of Seasons is another Harvest Moon type game. There are lots of HM games, hopefully someone else can direct you to a good starting point.

Don't forget to check out regular DS games as well!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:22 PM »
any tetris/arcade style game. harvest moon, sims, tomogatchi life, fantasy theater,
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:09:27 AM »
Harvest Moon is always a good choice in my opinion. There's so many different ones on both the regular DS and 3DS. If you end up looking into older DS games I'd be wary of "Harvest Moon DS" as it's known to be very buggy.  :huh: most of the bugs were fixed when they released "Harvest Moon DS: Cute" which is the version where you can play as a girl. There's also the Rune Factory games which are almost more of a spin off than a regular Harvest Moon title... they're fantasy themed and include RPG elements and battling monsters so it's not for everyone.  :P

My favorite Harvest Moon's on the DS are Tale of Two Towns and  A New Beginning... in Tale of Two Towns you choose between two villages to start in, one focuses a lot more on farming while the other village focuses on taking care of livestock. You eventually reach a point where you can move between villages though. A new Beginning is a lot of fun too... you're basically tasked with rebuilding the whole village. You get to choose where you want the buildings to be, place roads and streetlamps and a lot of other decorations but it take a while to save up all the supplies and afford the different blueprints.

If you do get a Harvest Moon game this site has the best guides.  :) http://fogu.com/hm/

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »
I pretty much agree with what most everyone else has said, Animal Crossing A New Leaf and pretty much any Harvest Moon game are a lot of fun. Though AC and the newer HM games are best if you have a friend who plays too.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 02:48:32 AM »
Rune factory :)

edit to add (since I'm at home and can type a response): I really liked the harvest moon games. But then I stumbled across the Rune Factory, and it was like HM, but *more* since it involved a storyline. And yet, you can just go at your own pace, raise animals, and battle monsters. I dunno, it makes the HM a bit boring now to me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:52:42 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 04:10:13 AM »
Fantasy Life is awesome (I have 70 hours into it already, and still have lots to do). Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing are good too. You may also like the Paws & Claws games - you get to take care of animals.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 05:33:52 AM »
I've been playing Harvest Moon-two towns for ages. I'm currently playing Lego Batman 2 DC super hero's. Scribblenauts is fun as well.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 05:47:39 AM »
Oooh, Scribblenauts is another good one! Though I'd recommend Super Scribblenauts for all the added features and such.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 07:01:36 AM »
I am echoing Animal Crossing New Leaf. I've played for almost two years now and still enjoy it. I do have Fantasy Life but hasn't gotten into it. I have bought some old goodies that I love to play like Adventures of Lolo and a couple of nes and snes games of S. Mario. Warios Woods is also very fun.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:22 AM »
Id suggest giving one of the newer pokemon games a try, like xy or oras, theyre much easier and more fun then the older ones! (especially xy with the character customization options)

Id also suggest animal crossing new leaf, and maybe tomodochi life (though i dont really think tomodochi life is worth the price lol)
pretty much everything mentioned here is pretty good, disney magical kingdom is really cute.

If you like mario games, theres TONS of them, but if you want the BASIC sorta "classic" feeling mario then Id go with "new super mario bros 2" but super mario 3d land and luigis mansion are pretty cool too. I havent played a lot of the newest ones.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 07:19:58 AM »
Not sure how you feel about platformers, but the Mario games are always great, same with Yoshi's New Island and Kirby: Triple Deluxe.  Mario, Yoshi, and Kirby all have regular DS games as well if you want to give the older ones a try.

I would also suggest playing Pokemon X or Y, just to get a feel for how the newer Pokemon games work.  If you straight up don't like the battle mechanics though, then I guess the Pokemon franchise isn't for you.

Although I've never played, it sounds like you may enjoy Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
Instagram / Want List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
You'd got some great recommendations already, but I am gonna throw in that I also recommend Animal Crossing New Leaf, Disney Magical World, And Harvest Moon: A New Beginning.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
I knew I would get a great list of suggestions here, thank you all! I will definitely take this list to the game store and see what they got. Sometimes I can test a game out before I buy it, depending on the person behind the counter.
I tried playing Cooking Mama with friends today, I failed so bad lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal