collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me your love story...  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Tell me your love story...
« on: February 14, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought this would be fun! Share with everyone your love story! You can share how you met, proposal stories, those three words stories, wedding stories, etc! Just a fun way to share all of our sweet love stories!! :heart:

Here's mine:
My fiance and I met at the Phoenix Pride festival almost 6 years ago. I know....meeting at a pride festival usually only leads to short flings...but we clicked! We met on the first day of the festival, and decided to meet up again on the second day. After that, we started texting and visiting and just getting to know eachother. Two weeks later, she asked me to be her girlfriend and we've been together since! As for the proposal: my fiance is rather shy and doesn't like big public displays so I knew it would never be out in the middle of random people lol. She went and made a super cute bear at build a bear, got a tag engraved that said "Will you marry me" on it, and strung the tag and ring around a ribbon and tied it on the bear's neck. I had always said I wanted it to happen on a random day so I would be surprised....so lo and behold one random day I am gifted the bear and what he wore around his neck! I was definitely surprised and so happy!!
Now...since we are both women, I thought it was only fair that my fiance get her ring in a special way as well. As we were planning a Disneyland trip for Dec 2014, I thought it would be the perfect time! We both love disney and are planning a disney wedding! I snuck the ring with me in my backpack the entire day until we got to the Animation Studio in California Adventure. The Animation Studio has a special meaning to us, so I knew that is where I wanted to give her the ring. Once we got in there, I pulled her to one of the couches and told her to sit down. At first she didn't want to because she was worried we would miss Turtle Talk with Crush, but she soon realized why! She loved the ring and loved getting it at Disneyland!!

Now tell me your stories!!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me your love story...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:36:08 PM »
Awww, that's so cute that you decided to surprise her with a ring as well!

So, as for my stories!

My fiance and I met during the summer before I went to 9th grade and he went to 10th, during marching band camp.  I played the saxophone and he played the cymbals and I remember thinking "Seriously, the cymbals are barely an instrument..."  :lol: Anyway, we had a few mutual friends who were also in band (I had joined the high school marching band while I was still in middle school, so I befriended a few high schoolers before I made it to high school) and we began hanging out after games since groups of us would go out to eat after the football games were over.  Eventually we started hanging out over the weekends, usually in our small group of friends, and I realized I was attracted to him because I just have a thing for really intelligent guys and... well, he graduated #1 in his class, so...  :P

Oddly enough, we had met before, in middle school, during a school play.  I was Cinderella and his best friend was the prince, so we had talked briefly but I just thought he was a little, scrawny, nerdy kid that I didn't want much to do with.

Fast forward a few years and I was suddenly infatuated (probably helped that he had gone through puberty, so he was now taller than me, had a deeper voice, etc.).

Anyway, a year after we had become friends because of band camp, we began dating even though he wasn't sure he "liked me like that".  I was in 10th grade and he was in 11th at the time.  We didn't go on a "real date" until he was a senior, but up until then we mostly hung out at his house or at mine.  His mom was my English teacher all throughout school, so that made things slightly awkward, especially since she knew I liked her son before he even caught on!

The proposal went like this: In 2011 we ended up moving out of state because my fiance's job was relocating him for the time being.  I had been searching for a job with no luck and was pretty bummed.  After an interview I had was canceled, we had gone to my fiance's work's Christmas party and he figured it would cheer me up so I agreed to go.  While there, I began talking with one of his co-workers, who kept asking me "Why hasn't he proposed yet?  You've been together for so long!" and I kept saying that maybe we were too young, being 21 and 22, and it would happen eventually.  Well, ten minutes later, my fiance walks in the room, drops to one knee, and pulls out a gorgeous ring before asking me to marry him!  It definitely brightened up my, otherwise, crappy day.  The fact that he waited for all of his co-workers and their families to be in the room made it even more special, plus we got pictures from different angles of the proposal!

We're finally having our wedding later this year (we live closer to home again), just a few days shy of our 10 year anniversary!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »
Awww! I love high school sweethearts! What a sweet story! And I love that he proposed in front of all his coworkers...how neat!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »
Raijha and I met through a group of friends in high school (gr 9 for me, gr 10 for him). The next year (2001) he asked me out...and the rest is history. :heart: After 6 years together, he proposed to me at Christmas (2007) - and even managed to get BM and Chief to let him take over the Pony of the Day here on the Arena as part of it. :heart: We got married 2 days before our 8 year anniversary (2009).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 06:47:54 AM »
There really isn't much to tell, but I'll try later once my head isn't throbbing.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 10:22:14 AM »
When I was in college I had some major nostalgia and played a PC game from when I was younger.  It was always my favorite.  When I finished I wanted to know more about it so I Googled it, and found a website dedicated to the music from old Sierra Online games.  The owner had a small list of music he needed from games he didn't own, and one of them was the game I had just played.  I contacted him to let him know I had it and could send it, and we became friends.  He was younger than I was but was getting ready to go to college, so I helped prep him for the experience.  If he hadn't lived in Australia, we would have definitely hung out together.  Eventually we started dating but it was really hard to do being so far apart. 

Eventually we decided to meet up in person, so I went to Oz and rented an apartment for a week.  Obviously it worked out, because he proposed while I was there.  6 months later I graduated and he came to the States for the wedding, then we moved back to Oz while he finished up school.  We've been married over 9 years now.  :) 

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 12:05:31 PM »
I can still remember how I met my boyfriend and his "fairytale" public proposal asking me to be his girlfriend.  :blush: I'll be naming him Z in my post. Well here goes..

I first met Z at a band audition for an upcoming local gig which I was co-organising and I happen to be one of the judges for the audition whereas he's a guitarist in a metalcore band that auditioned. Truthfully I was smitten upon meeting him which I find it to be a strange feeling back then, because the music scene here is pretty much male-dominated hence I work and befriended with plenty of guys and none of them stood out for me - so what is it about Z that is so special!? Anyway, I stayed professional and treated it as one of those eyecandy moments. After the whole audition process, afew weeks later, I bumped into him at another gig and throughout the show I caught him stealing glances at me. Out of politeness I tried to make small talk and he was so VERY SHY! :lol: We exchanged afew words and he left the gig early. It's only a month later Z found me on Facebook and we started chatting online. Initially our conversations are mostly about music, music and more music. We have similar tastes and I have never met someone as passionate as I am before - eventually we exchanged numbers. So the joyride began: Casual hangouts turned into a string of dates.

THIS IS THE EXCITING PART. One night, his band is set to perform at a local gig, and I went down to support him as usual. Midway through their performance, they abruptly stopped playing and his vocalist handed the microphone over to Z. At this point I was thinking what the heck is happening. Z went on to give a little speech about how he met a girl and that he has a big crush on her. Without warning he pointed to me and announced "Her name is Sarah and she's sitting over there. Say hi Sarah! *pauses as the crowd looked at my direction and I was speechless*  I just wanna ask, will you be mine tonight?". I FELT LIKE DYING!!!! He walked offstage and stick a mic to my face and all I managed was a feeble "yes!". Everyone started clapping and whistling, especially our friends present. He carried on playing with his band and they did a cheeky metal cover of Pitbull's Hotel Room to celebrate the good news LOL. Afterwards I spent the rest of the night crying. Tears of joy of course!

We have our ups and downs as a duo, and there are times I want to strangle him alive, oops. Being involved in the same circles and industry caused plenty of friction. But at the end of the day we have each other's back and I can't be more thankful for him!  ^.^

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »
I worked in infants, he worked in toys. It was a match made in retail...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »
These are all so cute!

Mine kind of begins back in 2003/2004 when I'm 19/20 years old and discovered this amazing nightclub for people with alternative styles (i.e metalheads, goths, synths) in the city I was studying in (I lived with mom in a small town an hour away and commuted). It was only opened the last saturday of every month and I was there almost everytime. From time to time I would glimpse this cute guy with long black hair and amazing cloths and make up but he was always surrounded by a ton of people and I was so shy so I never dared approach him. For various reasons I stopped going to the club and life went on.

The summer of 2009 I was sick of living at home and found an apartment in the city. Not long after I got a message on my wall on an online community. It was from a guy and his pic showed a gourgeous face and was familiar but I couldn't place it. We began writing long messages to each other and not only did we discover we had a mutual friend, it turned out this guy lived in the city I was moving to and he said we should meet up and I was like "yeah.. right."

So, his messages to me ended not long after my moving and I didn't think much about it until our mutual friend came over one evening and told me he had asked about me. This got me angry so I worked up my courage and shot him a message asking why he was talking about me, but not with me anymore. He answered by giving me his msn-messenger and after this our conversations really spiked. Things went sooo fast and we met IRL first time in late september and came out as a couple in novembre and a year later we moved in to an apartment together.

About a month in on our relationship he bought a new computer and was going through some files from his old one, including pictures. I catched a glimpse and had to sit down in shock when I saw them being from the club way back.. and we talked and realised we were both there at the same time and I took a really good look on him and the pics of his young clubbing self and realised he was the guy I crushed on way back. Funny thing is the club is still open a few times a year and we're always there. Circle complete.

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 05:27:52 PM »
I was working in a coffee shop, he came in for a latte... He had just gotten into UT and studied in the shop I worked at in the morning, only I worked nights. He came in before leaving town for spring break, otherwise we may never have met.
 I took his order and he was staring at me in a way that instantly gave me butterflies, which made me mad as I didn't know this guy and I was technically still with my cheating ex bf of 5 on and off years. (He was so blatantly cheating on me that emotionally it had been over a while.)
I never meant to go from one relationship to another but what can I say, he was the one. He never wanted any of that before meeting me, marriage or kids were not for him! But we sat down and literally went point by point about what I wanted, and would not tolerate and was ready to walk. In fact, he made his feeling and intentions quite clear and I had to try to keep a straight head around him but he's quite good looking. I never had any chance.
He proposed 3 weeks later and we married 5 months after we met. That was 15+ years ago.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
Mine was very interesting.

Flash backwards to when I was dating a guy in the military who ended up cheating on me. I had been a part of a guitar website where you learn to play and would visit the forums (very similar to the arena) and became friends with some awesome people on there, some of which I am still friends with to this day. This one person I had befriended on the website helped me through all of my trouble I was having with the military guy and we would skype regularly and chat in the forums/chat bar. We became best friends.

After 2 years of being friends on the forum, he later told me he had fallen in love with me and wanted to meet me face to face. We lived in 2 different states 9 hours away from each other. We agreed to meet up at a music festival. We were both scared because of hearing all of the craigslist type killers and bad stories about meeting people in real life from over the internet but we took the chance and nothing bad happened haha! We clicked. We werent sure how the distance would work out but I took the leap and moved to be with him and we have been together ever since and still very much in love. Going on 5 years now. :)

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »
Awww these are all so sweet.  <3

I met my husband after I moved back home after a very terrible attempt to move to another state.  A friend of mine invited me to see this band she liked play live.  She ended up taking me to a few of their gigs.  And eventually the bass played asked me to go to his 21st birthday party.  The entire night at the party the guitarist was hitting on me, and eventually asked me out... he was rebuffed.

The bass player asked me out next... well I say asked me out, he more drunkenly stuck his tongue down my throat. 

And we've been together ever since.  It's 16 years this April. 

The proposal was even less romantic.  We were having trouble getting pregnant, so we just kinda went... so what about we get married to take our minds off it?  So that's what we did.  Though the wedding was pretty much amazing as.  Very glad we did it. And it worked, I was pregnant a few months after our wedding.  So we now joke that my son just didn't want to be a bastard. 

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 08:25:31 PM »
I love all these stories!! 

Xeevee - hahahaha that last line made me laugh!!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 04:15:59 AM »
I love stories like these :biggrin:

I'm sure I've posted mine before, so I'll try to make it sort this time.

My husband and I initially met our first year of highschool, we had homeroom together and shared a locker. He insists that he fell in love with me the moment he laid eyes on me, but we never had the opportunity to date because one or both of us was in a relationship with someone else.

Fast forward 18 years and we reconnect via facebook. It turns out that his bestfriends girlfriend was one of my co-workers at the time. We started talking and within 5 days we were dating, within 2 weeks we were engaged and within 3 months we were married. It's been 3 years now and we're more in love than ever!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 02:03:49 PM »
My husband and I met at church.  I had already graduated from college and was going to grad school, and he was still in undergrad, even though we are the same age.  But that was due to his mission - yes, we are both Mormon.

Anyway, he claims that when we first spoke I walked away in the middle of the conversation, but I thought we were done talking, so yeah. A little discrepency on how we remember our first meeting, lol!  We didn't date right away.  We would sometimes chat at church or other activities.  But about a year later we started dating (and then a whole bunch of guys started asking me out, so I was dating like, 3 or 4 guys at the same time).  But I liked my husband the most, so we eventually became exclusive.  We dated for four months, got engaged, and were married five months later.

We have four wonderful daughters, and will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary in a few months!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal