collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!  (Read 28405 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2015, 10:03:57 AM »
i saw someone selling a glitter cadance for $129 .. :O

really sad, coz if prices are going to skyrocket like this,i'll never be able to afford her :(

People say the same thing with every wave.  The price always falls- usually to the $43/$45 mark.  EVEN SPITFIRE and Sweetie Drops, who were released only in comic shops at first, and people swore that the glitter prices would never fall.  Well, they did.  There are only so many people out there collecting these after all, and none of the waves are limited edition, so if you wait long enough, the demand will die down.

Yup, pretty much the answer I gave.  Cadance isn't really selling for over $100, anyway... someone just listed it at that price without checking the actual sold listings for her.  I just looked and a lot of the sold glitter Cadance figures have gone for around $50.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »
I still think Luna will stay number one for a long time there's so much demand for her, and being such a favorited character, plus one of the coolest glitters I think she will float high for a long time. However your best bet to snag a good price is to get one for a buy it now cheap on eBay that doesn't know her demand. If enough flood the market being lowly listed then her price will fall some. All depends.

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2015, 11:30:11 PM »
I still think Luna will stay number one for a long time there's so much demand for her, and being such a favorited character, plus one of the coolest glitters I think she will float high for a long time. However your best bet to snag a good price is to get one for a buy it now cheap on eBay that doesn't know her demand. If enough flood the market being lowly listed then her price will fall some. All depends.
I just want a regular Luna and she's still obnoxiously overpriced :(
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2015, 05:26:36 AM »

I think the real problem is how hard it is to find her to begin with.  Even her regular vinyl goes for way too much.  I feel like she wouldn't be ridiculously overpriced if she were easier to come by.

But hey, if this means I gotta wait another year before her price drops below $100, then so be it.  I can't justify spending that much on her ever.
Instagram / Want List

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2015, 12:56:28 PM »
Thanks Moonbeamstar! :)
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2015, 06:04:53 PM »

I think the real problem is how hard it is to find her to begin with.  Even her regular vinyl goes for way too much.  I feel like she wouldn't be ridiculously overpriced if she were easier to come by.

But hey, if this means I gotta wait another year before her price drops below $100, then so be it.  I can't justify spending that much on her ever.
I wish i could wait like you, I just  do not have patience , it stresses me too much not having them, i just know myself ,so why suffer, stress could affect my health , LOL ,must have it :)  paid 92 for Luna .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
I wish i could wait like you, I just  do not have patience , it stresses me too much not having them, i just know myself ,so why suffer, stress could affect my health , LOL ,must have it :)  paid 92 for Luna .

I paid close to $90 for Bon Bon and her price has dropped dramatically since then.  She was the only glitter I paid over $50 for, I didn't even pay that much for Spitfire!  It hurt me so much that I overspent on her that I won't do it again, even for a pony that looks as gorgeous as Luna does.

Also, when you're moving into a new house, getting married before the end of the year and trying to save up for the pony fair, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to patiently wait for something to drop in price it if means having more money in your pocket. ;) Like, I wish I could spend the money on glitter Luna and get it over with, but my wallet says "no". :lol:

Oh, I also got glitter Spike!  My fiance got him on eBay for me for a really good price (I don't understand how he finds these deals better than me) and I should have him on Saturday or Monday!
Instagram / Want List

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »

I paid close to $90 for Bon Bon and her price has dropped dramatically since then.  She was the only glitter I paid over $50 for, I didn't even pay that much for Spitfire!  It hurt me so much that I overspent on her that I won't do it again, even for a pony that looks as gorgeous as Luna does.

Also, when you're moving into a new house, getting married before the end of the year and trying to save up for the pony fair, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to patiently wait for something to drop in price it if means having more money in your pocket. ;) Like, I wish I could spend the money on glitter Luna and get it over with, but my wallet says "no". :lol:

Oh, I also got glitter Spike!  My fiance got him on eBay for me for a really good price (I don't understand how he finds these deals better than me) and I should have him on Saturday or Monday!
I know what you mean, Bon Bon was very Expensive ,more than Luna :(
Spitfire I paid 80 here on the Arena, and then I found him at the HT store months later :) They are not identical by the way .
keeping both. 
Also Pinkie Pie from HT and the one from TRU are not exactly the same .
I have both as well,both found in the wild.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:17:23 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Spitfire I paid 80 here on the Arena, and then I found him at the HT store months later :) They are not identical by the way .
keeping both.

In a way I was glad I bought Bon Bon when I did because she and Spitfire never showed up in any Hot Topic around here.  Which I thought was really weird.  It's not like I live in some remote area!  I got Spitfire for $50 + shipping thanks to AquaticNeon.  All the other glitters I have were either found in store, gotten in my pre-order, or bought on eBay/conventions/from friends for less than $50.  So I figure Luna will drop soon, whenever she becomes more widely available.  I've been pretty lucky so far, so I can't complain too much when I don't find a glitter right away.

I'm usually a very impatient person, but I think I can do it with these... yup... just gotta keep telling myself that!
Instagram / Want List

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2015, 06:27:28 PM »
keeping both.

In a way I was glad I bought Bon Bon when I did because she and Spitfire never showed up in any Hot Topic around here.  Which I thought was really weird.  It's not like I live in some remote area!  I got Spitfire for $50 + shipping thanks to AquaticNeon.  All the other glitters I have were either found in store, gotten in my pre-order, or bought on eBay/conventions/from friends for less than $50.  So I figure Luna will drop soon, whenever she becomes more widely available.  I've been pretty lucky so far, so I can't complain too much when I don't find a glitter right away.

I'm usually a very impatient person, but I think I can do it with these... yup... just gotta keep telling myself that!
  Yes, they will come down in prices, Like Bubbles SDCC 2012, it was going for crazy prices back in 2012/13 and now , you can get one for 50 dllrs or less

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2015, 08:39:56 PM »
what are the average prices of glitters after tbe prices fall? Like 50?
:happy:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2015, 08:46:16 PM »
what are the average prices of glitters after tbe prices fall? Like 50?
It can vary. I'd say around $30 to $50 depending on what character it is.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2015, 11:40:27 PM »
Oh jeeze, Luna in regular version is still hard to find!?  :shocked:

Man, im happy they are making all these new characters but I wiah they would re-release Luna! I much perfer her regular version and im sure most people are still looking for her! Im kind of glad my hubby picked Luna over Celestia, because Im still seeing Celestia in stores! Theres plenty of SA as well in my area.

But I agree! Glitters get all hyped up near their street release and as more characters are released, the price really does drop! You can find fluttershy and the doctor glitters all the way up to the twilight glitter for around $40 now! Even glitter discord is still about that price! Heck....I think with celestia I paid $27 for her glitter off ebay?  Also I was after Pinkie Pies glitter for a while and she stayed near the $70 range for a while. I eventually got her for around $35ish dollars!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:45:58 PM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2015, 06:37:42 AM »
$30 to $50 sounds about right for an average.  So I guess $40 would be the right price.  I actually remember all the prices I paid for each glitter variant (keep in mind that when I pre-order, I only order one of each character):

Rainbow Dash - paid the initial price on Amazon, $15, I think?
:muffin: - same. I believe it was $15.
Fluttershy - $30
Doctor Whooves - $35
Lyra - $40
Pinkie Pie - $40
Bon Bon - $80 (I was so sure she'd never drop in price... then she did)
Spitfire - $50
Octavia - got in my pre-order
Vinyl Scratch - $40
Twilight Sparkle - $50
Trixie - found at the store
Applejack - got in a trade
Big Mac - found at the store AND had one given to me by a friend that I used to trade for Applejack AND I found another one at B&N that I sold to a fellow collector
Rarity - found at the store
Daring Do - gift from my fiance
Discord - got in my pre-order
Celestia - found at the store AND found another one at the store which I sold to a friend
Shining Armor - $45
Cadance - found at the store
Spike - gift from my fiance, but he actually let me know the price which was around $40

So even excluding the ones I got as a surprise from my fiance, I've still had pretty good luck with glitters.  And you can see why I won't pay the current price for a glitter Luna.  The fact is, ALL of these dropped from their super high starting prices.  There are a select few that never went for much on eBay to begin with (Discord and Celestia immediately come to mind) so there's always hope of snagging that one glitter you really want for a good deal! :satisfied:

Also, if you live near a Hot Topic or two (or six, like me lol) then call them as often as you can!  There are some places that won't be so nice, but I've found that more often than not, these places are willing to hold glitter ponies for you if they find them and you claim it.  Some of the workers even know me when I walk in and will let me know when they expect new shipments of figures.  Don't forget about Barnes & Noble, which definitely varies, but if you have a bigger B&N in your area, it's likely that they carry the vinyls.
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2015, 06:51:30 AM »
Oh! Thats a cool idea! Lets list the prices we paid for each glitter!  I actually remember the prices I paid for mine as well as the location too! I am still missing glitters though because my HT will usually have 2 boxes of funko ponies per wave and thats typically IT for that wave. During the AJ wave I noticed they do not like to replenish stock because the glitters are the only ones that seem to sell.....

Spoiler

Dr. Whooves- $15ish in a HT store on mothers day!
Fluttershy- $40ish off ebay
:muffin:- $15ish SDCC amazon order
Rainbow Dash- $15ish SDCC amazon order
Lyra: I think $38 off houston?
Pinkie Pie: $35ish on ebay
Octavia: $40 on ebay AND $15ish in TRU
DJPon3: $34 at a convention
Bon Bon: $50 at comic book store
Spitfire: $50 at comic book store AND $34 at convention
Trixie: $14 in a HT store
Twilight- $37 on ebay near street date

I havnt seen much of these waves in my area for ages!
-no applejack glitter-
-no big mac glitter-
-no rarity glitter-
-no daring do glitter-
-no discord glitter-

Celestia- $27 off ebay near street date
-no Luna glitter-
-no Shining Armor glitter-
-no cadance glitter.... YET!-

*sighs* hope I can find glitter Cadance SOON! She is my favorite! Meeehhh stooopid bills. LOL I hope I have luck at that anime convention this year! There were soooo many glitters there last year because there were several funko and comic book store booths that had so many of the MLP funkos on them!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:58:34 AM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal