collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!  (Read 28433 times)

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »
Yeah, Cadence  will definitely be a pre-order but after seeing Shining Armor from the front  in that pic I'll wait to see him in person. Hopefully, he looks better, it would be sad not to get the pair.  :cry:

Offline Portobella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Is it about my cube?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »
Glitters found!

Like a few others, I'm not sure I particularly like either glitter variant  :blink: Hopefully Cadance is more pink in real life, and I don't like the effect on her wings at all, though I'm sure the paint can be removed. I think I might actually pass on the variants and pick up the regular vinyls instead.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:20:25 PM by Portobella »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »
I admit I have lost the drive to get the Funkos due to all the HT stores seemingly putting the ponies on a higher / "you need to ask an employee to help you get it this item" shelf. I guess it is supposed to be a deterrent from people just popping in looking for glitters, but it's annoying.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »
When glitter Twilight came out, I was hoping that translucent hair would become the norm for glitters.

Can you imagine how FABULOUS Rarity would have been with translucent hair?

*dies*

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
Those might just be the ugliest glitters I've ever seen.  Wow.  I like their regular versions a lot but the glitters are...no.

I admit I have lost the drive to get the Funkos due to all the HT stores seemingly putting the ponies on a higher / "you need to ask an employee to help you get it this item" shelf. I guess it is supposed to be a deterrent from people just popping in looking for glitters, but it's annoying.

Same.  They're usually so far away, it's difficult to tell what ponies they even have.  It's frustrating and deterring. 

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:52 PM »
I guess I'm another one who isn't digging Shining Armor...Cadence is pretty though! I may pre-order her. But I find it funny that her sale price, $14.50, is the exact price the first release Rainbow and Muffin pony were  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2015, 03:35:18 AM »
Yikes, i'm very dissapointed by glitter Cadance. : ( She looks as if she has a heavy sunburn/tan.

Always remember..

When in reality she is WAY lighter.

I actually own that one and i don't think she looks that much lighter in person. I honestly don't think she is all that pretty but i bought her because i like DJ pon-3. Also, about them being the size of a G1 pony....they got the same height but they take up a lot more space thanks to their tails.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2015, 04:22:20 AM »
Shining's glitter looks boring :/ That shirt covers half his body so they really should have make it clear and glittery like Trixie's hat and cape. Cadence looks burnt, but it could just be a bad photograph (tips of her wings looks weird...pity they couldn't colour the plastic with a gradient). Not overly bothered, though, as I won't get to go glitter hunting unless I move to the US :lol:

I still need to buy Luna and Celestia, but I'll get Cadence once she's available here (and hope they don't raise the prices here further, they're already nearly £20 each after postage)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2015, 08:27:11 AM »
I preordered my shining armor yay!!!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »
I Neeeeeeeeeeed that glitter Caddie in my liiiiiiiiife!!!!! Im not a fan of the gradient on her glitter version.... and yeah she does look a  bit orange rather than pastel pink but its Cadance so im happy! I LOVE the regular version anyways.
 :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

As for SA....ugh that nasty grey off-white white. He needs a bath. Arent princes supposed to ya know.... be all clean and well groomed!? He doesnt look very 'shining' to me.  Uuck.

Post Merge: March 11, 2015, 09:49:29 AM

I'm so over white ponies we needed Shining and Celestia, but I hope we dont get anymore white ones for a LONG time!

We need Soarin, Braeburn, Chrysalis, etc.

They could always be PINK. Again!

*raises hoof* 'll take them! Pink looks much prettier than white with these glitters. Plus its PINK! :squee:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:53:24 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2015, 10:01:54 AM »
I preordered my shining armor yay!!!

Yay Wizzer! :) Another boy to add to the collection, hopefully we get a winged one next!

Also where is Spike everyone?!

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
I still think (and hope) that Spike is exclusive to another store.  I think that would be really neat!  HT always gets them exclusive for a few months before other places, but we did at least have TRU do it before as well.  So it's still likely that Spike could pop up at Target, Walmart, etc. first.

Okay, I say it's likely but...who knows.

I'm going to see if Hot Topic does any sort of sale this Friday, since they tend to do things for Friday the 13th, then I'll add my 15% off coupon on top of that and get SA and Cadance then.  Anything to lower down the prices for two figures that I'm not entirely impressed with... also, here's hoping that the 24th is the actual release date and they don't push it back several times like they did with Celestia and Luna!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
That would be cool to see characters exclusive to target and walmart I have always wanted that. I'm not worried about the release date though, I know the mess of Tia and Luna was because of the Strike and holidays. I'm sure these will be on time with the shipments like other waves were. Stores are always goofy though those sometimes are very late anyways.

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 11:47:30 AM »
When glitter Twilight came out, I was hoping that translucent hair would become the norm for glitters.

Can you imagine how FABULOUS Rarity would have been with translucent hair?

*dies*

I was hoping for more translucent hair too-  I love the way regular luna looks! Was hoping so bad Celestia would have translucent hair...

Honestly- I think all of them would probably look cooler with colored body and translucent glitterized hair :D

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »
Honestly- I think all of them would probably look cooler with colored body and translucent glitterized hair :D

I agree, I would love this!

Post Merge: March 11, 2015, 11:53:41 AM

That would be cool to see characters exclusive to target and walmart I have always wanted that. I'm not worried about the release date though, I know the mess of Tia and Luna was because of the Strike and holidays. I'm sure these will be on time with the shipments like other waves were. Stores are always goofy though those sometimes are very late anyways.

That's true about the strikes and stuff.  I guess I'm just a bit taken aback at the fact that these went up for pre-order just a few weeks shy of their release date.  That seems so quick!  I sorta like that, though...

YES!  More figures being exclusive to other places aside from Hot Topic would be wonderful!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:53:41 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal