collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!  (Read 28471 times)

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Shining Armor Princess Cadence and Spike!!
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 11:33:36 PM »
I think I'm just going to hold off on them for awhile, maybe until hot cash is active next month. I can't really afford them at the moment, and I especially don't want to pay full price.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 01:04:56 AM »
Omg they are already out for Pre-order!? I'm so excited!

I saw them at NYTF and they are beautiful (My photograph is the bottom one in the first post lol... I had no idea my picture got around the web so much :P I guess it was the first shot of Cadance).

Poor Shining Armor's picture on their website!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Say MUFFFIN!!!

Omg Shining Armour... I don't know if this makes me want him less or more! He looks quite silly but I kinda think it's adorable, maybe I'll sculpt him a little tongue to poke out.  :P
I really hate it when figures are designed with so much focus on display sides that they goof up the eyes and you can't look at them front on without laughing. :lol:

OH! I just figured what bothers me so much about him, his eyes. His eye shine (the white bit) takes up so much room it almost completely eclipses his pupil. They gotta tone it down.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:11:30 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2015, 04:09:05 AM »
20% discount was now added to these figures too, so I made my order. Descriptions now also mentions glitter variants.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:10:38 AM by Eurocoin »

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2015, 04:43:56 AM »
I can't wait to see the glitters! I'm waiting for those :)

Offline Judhudson

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2015, 06:36:47 AM »
Put in my order.  Here's hoping it'll ship on time :D

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2015, 06:48:41 AM »
Cadence looks lovely, Shining Armour...not so much  :lol: He looks high! I think his Mystery Mini will look better, as his eyes won't look so weird as the whites will stand out more.

I wonder how Spike will be sold. I've seen those "Pocket Pop!" things show up recently which are smaller versions of Funko's POP! line. I wonder if Spike might be the right size, or if they will make him a Mystery Mini....nodoubtaHotTopicexclusiveone
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:59:48 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2015, 06:57:55 AM »
And no news for the next set of mini mysteries?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »
Cadence looks lovely, Shining Armour...not so much  :lol: He looks high! I think his Mystery Mini will look better, as his eyes won't look so weird as the whites will stand out more.

I wonder how Spike will be sold. I've seen those "Pocket Pop!" things show up recently which are smaller versions of Funko's POP! line. I wonder if Spike might be the right size, or if they will make him a Mystery Mini....nodoubtaHotTopicexclusiveone

Considering we've seen pictures of the Spike figure next to the ponies, I don't think his size will be a guessing game.  It'll just be a matter of how he's sold.

Post Merge: March 10, 2015, 10:47:58 AM

And no news for the next set of mini mysteries?

I think it'll be a while before we hear anything about those.  Luna and Celestia (and now Cadance and Shining Armor) are the only releases so far without mystery minis, and since they usually do 10-12 a box, we still have a few more characters they'd need to put out if we base it on the other two boxes.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:47:58 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »

Considering we've seen pictures of the Spike figure next to the ponies, I don't think his size will be a guessing game.  It'll just be a matter of how he's sold.

That's what I meant :lol: He's a bit taller than my other mystery minis (comparing them when stood next to Lyra), but as the Princesses are taller than the others anyway maybe Funko will make Wave 3 of the Minis have larger boxes to accommodate? He might just be the right size to fit into a Mini box or (hopefully) they'll make a unique box for him...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
That's what I meant :lol: He's a bit taller than my other mystery minis (comparing them when stood next to Lyra), but as the Princesses are taller than the others anyway maybe Funko will make Wave 3 of the Minis have larger boxes to accommodate? He might just be the right size to fit into a Mini box or (hopefully) they'll make a unique box for him...

Ohhhh, okay!  I have a feeling he'll have his own unique box down the line.  Maybe he'll even be a Target, Walmart, or Walgreens exclusive (I've been hoping for more of those since other Funko products get them)!
Instagram / Want List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:04 AM »
Ohhhh, okay!  I have a feeling he'll have his own unique box down the line.  Maybe he'll even be a Target, Walmart, or Walgreens exclusive (I've been hoping for more of those since other Funko products get them)!

Funko tend to only make variants exclusive (like the black Rainbow Dash and the metallic POPs!) so I hope they won't deviate from that formula as it makes it easier for everyone to at least get the core line. It would be interesting to see variants of Spike, though! I imagine they will try to keep him part of this line, too, but a black Spike to match the other Minis would be pretty cute <3

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
Funko tend to only make variants exclusive (like the black Rainbow Dash and the metallic POPs!) so I hope they won't deviate from that formula as it makes it easier for everyone to at least get the core line. It would be interesting to see variants of Spike, though! I imagine they will try to keep him part of this line, too, but a black Spike to match the other Minis would be pretty cute <3

I meant exclusive like how Hot Topic always gets the figures 6+ months before they start popping up in other places.  I'd like to see some other stores get them first since HT has been pretty crappy in their service lately, but I know that isn't Funko's decision in the end.

I'm also sure we'll get a mystery mini Spike eventually!  Maybe we'll have an announcement on those before the end of the year. ^.^
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2015, 12:34:30 PM »
Glitters found!

For Sale Wants

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
Huh.  Not as impressed with Cadance's glitter variant as I hoped I'd be.  Maybe it'll look better in person.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Eurocoin

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2015, 01:10:53 PM »
Cadence glitter looks kinda nice, but Shining Armor is ugh. Neither will be on my must get as soon as possible glitters (maybe at some point).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal