collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: tampered mail from the PO  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
tampered mail from the PO
« on: February 11, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
So today I received a bubble mailer with two baits. One of the baits was half hanging out of the envelope and someone scribbled on the front "rec'vd open" now this was a brand new bubble mailer and the sticky seal on those things is pretty good. It honestly looks ripped open :( both ponies were inside,  but I worry about what if one was missing?  What is the procedure for dealing with something like this? The envelope was sent first class. I know priority mail comes with insurance and I assume that would take care of It in that instance.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: tampered mail from the PO
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »
Sometimes the machinery that they use to sort the mail can rip paper envelopes that do not have flat contents.  :huh: It is not common in my experience but it can happen.

If the contents were missing it goes back on the seller since it was shipped First Class.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »
I'm guessing it was your mailman who scribbled received open. My mailman will let me know if a package I receive was crushed by the time it got to him so that if it has insurance I can file a claim if anything is damaged.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:24:58 PM »
I had this happen once. I had bought 2 ponies off ebay, both from the same seller but in separate auctions (ending minutes apart).  I came home from work today to find one in an opened bubble mailer on my desk.  I thought my fella had accidentally opened it, saw it was a pony and left it. I messaged the seller asking why she hadn't combined the postage, she said she had and the ponies were shipped together in the same envelope. When my fella came back from work, I asked him and he said it was open when he picked it up.

We looked in the usual places for it - any non-signing packages are left at our request in a storage bin we have out fron for the chicken feed. And found nothing  :cry:  I left a note on the door asking our post person if they had a little winged pony with rainbow hair hanging around the PO, thinking at best they'd taken it home for their child and not binned her.   The next day, there was a knock at the door and sure enough, there was the post lady with my pony!!!!

Its nice to know there are some good people out there  :biggrin:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 03:43:22 AM »
I'm glad that the ponies were both there even if the parcel got ripped open :hug: :bigups:  still; pretty scary when you think how easily one or both ponies could have fallen out/gone missing though!

Also it's good to know that there are still some honest people out there as you said Rhubarbpie cos I don't know of many posties that would have done that!

I've received a few parcels all ripped open over the years -not many BTW (all from ebay sellers) but mostly bubble mailers, although some  were just plain ordinary envelopes with ponies or dolls dropped loose inside (it surprised me that they arrived at all TBH when I saw the envelopes!). I know sometimes its the sorting machines, sometimes it's people checking what's inside :yikes:  If someone is sending me something in a bubble mailer I often ask them to tape it up extra securely, and if I'm mailing anything out in one then I literally seal the bubble mailer all over with tape so that it cant rip open accidently- or be torn to check what is inside  (it also makes it waterproof - one of the ponies I received was plastered in something wet.. I don't want to know what! thankfully the seller had bubble wrapped the pony seperately and put her in a bag as well before putting her in the parcel or she would have been soaked with.. whatever it was  :crazy: )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 08:29:06 AM »
I've had tampered mail recently too. I sent my mom a birthday card on jan 20, 2 days before her birthday. Usually, considering the short distance between us, it takes 2 days to get to her. She finally got her card Monday. It was opened. Ripped on the side the whole way down. It was put in a plastic bag "were sorry for the inconvenience" etc.
the machine wouldn't rip it the way it was. It was opened. They were looking for money, I'll bet! I seal my stuff with tape now :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 01:16:48 PM »
I had this happen once. I had bought 2 ponies off ebay, both from the same seller but in separate auctions (ending minutes apart).  I came home from work today to find one in an opened bubble mailer on my desk.  I thought my fella had accidentally opened it, saw it was a pony and left it. I messaged the seller asking why she hadn't combined the postage, she said she had and the ponies were shipped together in the same envelope. When my fella came back from work, I asked him and he said it was open when he picked it up.

We looked in the usual places for it - any non-signing packages are left at our request in a storage bin we have out fron for the chicken feed. And found nothing  :cry:  I left a note on the door asking our post person if they had a little winged pony with rainbow hair hanging around the PO, thinking at best they'd taken it home for their child and not binned her.   The next day, there was a knock at the door and sure enough, there was the post lady with my pony!!!!

Its nice to know there are some good people out there  :biggrin:

that's a great story! I wish everyone was honest and kind like that
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
This is one reason I refuse to ship ponies in bubble envelopes, unless the buyer insists on it.

Glad that you got your pony after it was MIA. 

I've gotten water logged items as well.  Back when I did a customs swap here I received a pony that was water logged and all the symbols were just mush.  I fixed her up as best I could, sadly her symbol wasn't salvageable so I wiped the mess off her and she is now a plain pony.

~Jenn
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:30:21 PM by FullMoonFever »
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal