collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That ol temptation  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: That ol temptation
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 01:42:59 PM »
Many times, with MH and animal brushables. Then I put myself excuses like: 'I only have a box for all my collections, so it must be kept small. Only the things I like best' 'If all these Neightans are from Indonesia, I'm not going to buy any' 'I'm not going to spend more than 15 euros on that!', etc.  :P

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 02:20:46 PM »
While a ZhuZhu run and a robotic fish aquarium are pretty much off the table because they would take up way too much space I'm wondering if what gives me pause with the Little Live Pets is because I would end up just displaying them and not playing with them much. Or maybe it's because I would end up playing with them when the whole point of my collection is I like looking at it and I'm too old to actually play with toys.

I hate to sound generic and cliche here but no one ever said you couldn't play with the toys in your collection. Most of us probably don't sit around in our free time and play "Pretty Princess Tea Party" with our ponies/other toys but if that's what you want to do then by all means go ahead. Just because it's a "collection" doesn't mean that they must sit on a shelf for eternity and just look pretty. Especially if they are toys that were designed to be fiddled with without worry. Moreso if it's the robotic/electronic pets you're interested in, I think it's actually good turn them on once in a while.

For some reason I feel fiddling with my dolls or ponies or other figure type toys is different. It's more about something being out of place or not looking right so it needs to be adjusted. Or the hair needs to be styled. Or the outfit needs to be changed. I know it's probably just a personal hang up of mine tho I'm also tempted to get some Little Live Pets to customize somehow but I have so many other projects I need to do first.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:20:01 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 03:00:35 PM »
This is a constant battle with me. I already have so many collections. Right now i'm fighting Ever After High dolls, because i don't have the money or the room. I collect like......seven or eight toy lines, I need to chill out. I can totally relate to anyone with this problem.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 05:59:49 AM »
For a long time I was really just focused on MLP, Breyer Horses, and to a lesser extent Littlest Pet Shop, but when I got into anime a couple of years ago there were suddenly all of these cool new things that I wanted to collect.  I do collect figma action figures (my wallet is crying right now, they have been releasing characters from shows I love like it's going out of style...), but I have refused to let myself collect non-action figures unless they are little blind boxes.  There's a series of Kuroko's Basketball figures which have been tempting me to no end because they are sculpted so well and are in really cool dynamic poses, but I keep telling myself they don't have joints so I can't have them!  And I couldn't be like, "oh, I'll just get my favorite character"  because then that would turn into "omg, how great would he look if I got the figures of all his friends too!"  I have a "gotta catch 'em all" attitude when it comes to things in small sets, which doesn't help.  I don't have that same impulse with ponies or Breyer or large collections, but if something comes in a set of like six or something, I want to complete the set...  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 09:02:50 AM »
My issue is if I find it cheap enough I can't pass it up.  Those large thrift store bags come with so much extra stuff.  I always try to get rid of the junk but there's always a little something that's to cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal