collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That ol temptation  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
That ol temptation
« on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Am I the only one who sees things, kinda wants to collect them, but decides against it because I already collect so much? For me it's electronic pets. When ZhuZhu Pets were the big thing I would have loved to have a ZhuZhu table the way some people have model train tables but of course no room or money. I've also wanted a huge aquarium full of all the different kinds of robotic fish. And now the Little Live Pets butterflies and birds have been tempting me. These have probably been the most tempting because they don't need a special environment to be kept. I could just add them to my shelves.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:20:44 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: That ol temptation
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »
LOL All the time! Them someone ends up buying me one because they know I'll like it and then the resistance goes out the window!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
Sometimes I feel that way
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:34:33 PM »
For me it's Pokemon figures and Monster High. >>; I still have my old Pokmeon toys and would love to add new pokemon to them but they'd all probably just end up being shoved in a box instead of displayed. Where Monster High is concerned, I have to keep telling myself that fashion dolls aren't what I collect but some MH figures are just too cool but I pass on 'em and just sort of oggle them from the toy asile and occasionally get a peek at the ones my friend's niece owns.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »
I've only ever wanted to collect MLP and stuff from my fav Disney movie (of which there is little merchandise). Lucky me!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 07:22:40 AM »
Ugh, yes! I have been tempted by those little robotic birds. They are so cute! I've resisted so far simply because I never seem to have any money to spare.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:41:11 AM »
I am constantly fighting this!
It helps that I just don't have the money to spend. When I do have money, I try and burn through it quick with bills and groceries and other NECESSARY things xD so Its just not there burning a hole in my pocket.
It helps that I have an 11 year old son whos decided to shoot up in height the last few months. The extra money I might be tempted to spend on toys, is used instead for more clothes for him. xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
Oh sure! I'm always trying NOT to collect Monster High, Ever After High, Equestria Girl, Strawberry Shortcake and now that I have too many ponies, I am trying to stick to only the special or unique.  But it's SUPER hard...

I definitely collect way too much stuff and way too many different KINDS of stuff. I get annoyed with myself sometimes. But I love my toys...

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 08:59:06 AM »
Yep--but its usually a 'I cant justify spending anything on myself when I need x,y and z to happen first (grown up mandatory or health related finances).

I don't think ive bought myself a pony in 3 or 4 years so that should be saying something.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »
I have that temptation quite often, but I'm good at taking a step back and assessing if a particularly tempting collectable is something that I'm going to really appreciate further down the line. Being skint and having an animation project that I want to finish also helps a lot with not-collecting-things. XD

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »
yes I collect the old Kenner shimmers but at lest there are just 10 and I have them all on card now but one. I have some extra  on card if anyone is interested. I also collect rose petal but that is a small set as well. figured only wanted to set into small sets as my ponies take up a lot of room and money LOL

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:38 AM »
Happens to me alllll the time.  I try to create limits by only getting the ones "I like the very best".  But with Monster High and Ever After High it's hard because I love almost everything and the dolls almost seem to keep getting better.

I also have that problem with Ellowyne Wilde... and occasionally Pullips.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 10:27:59 AM »
While a ZhuZhu run and a robotic fish aquarium are pretty much off the table because they would take up way too much space I'm wondering if what gives me pause with the Little Live Pets is because I would end up just displaying them and not playing with them much. Or maybe it's because I would end up playing with them when the whole point of my collection is I like looking at it and I'm too old to actually play with toys.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
While a ZhuZhu run and a robotic fish aquarium are pretty much off the table because they would take up way too much space I'm wondering if what gives me pause with the Little Live Pets is because I would end up just displaying them and not playing with them much. Or maybe it's because I would end up playing with them when the whole point of my collection is I like looking at it and I'm too old to actually play with toys.

I hate to sound generic and cliche here but no one ever said you couldn't play with the toys in your collection. Most of us probably don't sit around in our free time and play "Pretty Princess Tea Party" with our ponies/other toys but if that's what you want to do then by all means go ahead. Just because it's a "collection" doesn't mean that they must sit on a shelf for eternity and just look pretty. Especially if they are toys that were designed to be fiddled with without worry. Moreso if it's the robotic/electronic pets you're interested in, I think it's actually good turn them on once in a while.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 12:31:52 PM »
yes I collect the old Kenner shimmers but at lest there are just 10 and I have them all on card now but one. I have some extra  on card if anyone is interested. I also collect rose petal but that is a small set as well. figured only wanted to set into small sets as my ponies take up a lot of room and money LOL

Haha- I am currently trying to quickly downsize and yet when I read that I was like "Oooooh-  I should find out what she has!"  - Caught myself just in time, lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal