collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This is the MLP aisle of my local Target...  (Read 3481 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: This is the MLP aisle of my local Target...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »
Wasn't Applejack a popular G1?  I wonder why kids don't want her, she's just as cute as the rest of the mane six. Well, her doll releases have been kind of lacking, but the EqG collection one is one of my favorites (SHE ACTUALLY HAS HER HAT).

Honestly, everytime I see a bunch of leftover AJs, I kinda want to buy one of them.  I guess she's one character that older fans like more than children. I know that the Funko AJ was gone fast, about as fast as Celestia.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »
wow there's some old stock next to pop ponies :(
poor aj we have that problem here but with rainbow dash, if and when we get new stock in stores here its picked through until only dashy is left  :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »
Wasn't Applejack a popular G1?  I wonder why kids don't want her, she's just as cute as the rest of the mane six. Well, her doll releases have been kind of lacking, but the EqG collection one is one of my favorites (SHE ACTUALLY HAS HER HAT).

Honestly, everytime I see a bunch of leftover AJs, I kinda want to buy one of them.  I guess she's one character that older fans like more than children. I know that the Funko AJ was gone fast, about as fast as Celestia.

Celestia went quick?! I'm shocked it wasn't Luna... I haven't kept up with Funko vinyls in such a long time. ^^; I'm missing so many of 'em.  I only got Big Mac recently because a friend told me they had him at Barnes and Noble of all places.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 07:17:07 PM »

I wouldn't say she was particularly popular in G1.  I didn't regret not having her when I was a child.  There were many more ponies that were far more popular than AJ.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »
I love Applejack! I'm worried that when I go out (I just got into FiM recently) looking for stuff I won't be able to find her.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »

I wouldn't say she was particularly popular in G1.  I didn't regret not having her when I was a child.  There were many more ponies that were far more popular than AJ.

I'm new to collecting, so I just assumed since I see her for sale fairly often. It's too bad, G1 AJ is adorable. Kids just have no taste.  :lol:

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 09:00:34 PM »
Looks about like the walmart in my area. x-x SO much EQG and POP! The Crystal Empire Princess Twilight/Pinkie fashion styles are shelfwarming, too. They've even got 'em in "clearance". Thankfully the Target in my area has actually bothered to put out new stuff before trying to sell out of the old completely.

Also, am I the only one here that loves the color orange? ^^;

Orange is fine with me. :) And Applejack. **cuddles Funrise and Build-a-Bear Applejack plushies.**

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 09:03:58 PM »

Celestia went quick?! I'm shocked it wasn't Luna... I haven't kept up with Funko vinyls in such a long time. ^^; I'm missing so many of 'em.  I only got Big Mac recently because a friend told me they had him at Barnes and Noble of all places.

Both Luna and Celestia went fairly quickly.  The releases for them were so screwed up, though...it's hard to say who was more popular between the two.

I found a glitter Big Mac at Barnes & Noble, I was shocked! I already had him though, so I sold it to a friend but it was still neat to find a glitter pony outside of Hot Topic. Soon enough the other Funko ponies will be available in more places. :)

Back on topic, I have to agree that AJ looks too much like a real horse, so I can imagine that kids would overlook her. As I said before though, I love her even if she's my least favorite color!
Instagram / Want List

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 09:06:52 PM »
Applejack was a really popular G1.  I think most of my school friends either had her or wanted her.

Maybe it has to do with her personality in FIM.  Being "the mature, hard-working, responsible one" is maybe not so glamorous to little kids compared with "super awesome at magic" or "has a ton of pets".
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
That's what my Wal-Mart looks like!  Do kids not like Apple Jack?  What's the deal?  I'm not a FiM fan but AJack is my favorite.  Parent's don't buy her because she's orange?  I DON'T GET IT!
I find it amusing because I've been seriously collecting AJ for nearly a year now seeking out every item I can find (especially non-US items :P ) and seek them out in stores aswell, and only see one or two AJ items 'remaining'.
I think parents reconize RD, Pinkie, and Twilight and buy Rarity for the fact she is a 'white unicorn w/ long eyelashes' -_-; I've seen kids pick up Fluttershy items, but parents never seem to grab the sweetest pony. :<
I don't think the rainbow hair AJ's sold very well in particually due to the green-in-blonde-hair factor :P
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »
We're ignoring the obvious, it's because she doesn't have her hat! If she had her proper accessories, darling, she'd be flying off the shelves!  ;)
Seriously though, she never seems to be like AJ to be. She's always too feminine, not rough and tumble like the (g4) AJ I know.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »
I wonder if its a locality thing. We have lots of farm-types here and I feel like AJ is really popular. We have tons of Rainbow Dashes and Pinkie Pies left over (mostly in the weird, non-brushable stuff). (I am just dying for that rainbow FS AJ.)

I feel like the POP stuff isn't selling well. Anyone else get that feeling in their area?

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:16 AM »
Maybe it has to do with her personality in FIM.  Being "the mature, hard-working, responsible one" is maybe not so glamorous to little kids compared with "super awesome at magic" or "has a ton of pets".
I have to agree with this.  She can also come off as condescending at times which might also turn kids off.

Her appeal probably varies by region.  She might be more popular in rural areas as the farm pony.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 06:23:56 AM »
I wonder if its a locality thing. We have lots of farm-types here and I feel like AJ is really popular. We have tons of Rainbow Dashes and Pinkie Pies left over (mostly in the weird, non-brushable stuff). (I am just dying for that rainbow FS AJ.)

I feel like the POP stuff isn't selling well. Anyone else get that feeling in their area?

There's an entire bin of POP ponies at my local Walmart, and at Target I always see the same ones on the shelves.  If I'm correct, there are already two more waves of those announced so we won't be seeing them go anywhere any time soon.  :yikes:  I wanted to like the POP ponies, but only the play set with Pinkie Pie has appealed to me, and that's mainly due to the play set itself.
Instagram / Want List

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 06:45:51 AM »
Thats exactly what my target looks like too. D: Maybe thats why they don't send the rainbow AJ to the US?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal