collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you buy a Pony with cancer spots?  (Read 3367 times)

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
Would you buy a Pony with cancer spots?
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »
Hi,

so just recently won a lot of Ponies I was bidding on cause it held a Baby Buttons  :biggrin:  Today the lot arrived and I fell of my cloud seven cause Baby Buttons has those lovely brown cancer spots  :cry:  The seller had cleverly potionned her in every pic so you couldn't see the spots and hadn't mentionned them at all in her list of what was wrong with certain Ponies.  I think I was ?baited? I believe it is called.  I already mailed her telling her I was unhappy with the buy and that I would never have bought the lot had I known the full extent of damage of the lot cause there are more problems then just Baby Buttongs with her cancer spots, but of course she refuses to cancel the buy or so. 

In any case, this did get me wondering.  If you knew a Pony you are after and who is worth a bit has cancer spots, would you still bid on her and try to get her?  I am really sad now about my Baby Buttons  :cry:  If only we could get rid of those nasty brown cancer spots!  Hasbro has to invent a product that works on it, I say.  Many Ponies would get a second life then thanks to it.

Hugs
  Robin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy a Pony with cancer spots?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
First of all, she should have been honest enough to mention them. Not cool.
Second, I try not to, because I'm still not 100 percent sure if its spreadable to other ponies or not. But if the spots are really small then I'm ok with it and I just separate them from my herd and
3rd I'd be ok with it if the color is basic enough for me to paint over them. That's what I did with a baity Sweet Stuff who has it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

robinharper

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
If you paint over it, don't you see it then still?  You see then paint spots, no?   :huh:

Hugs
   Robin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »
nope, depends on how good of a painter you are. sweet stuff looks much better and the spots aren't coming through the paint. though to be fair I did a Full Body Repaint
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:40:21 AM »
Sorry to hear about that; I hope you manage to sort it out! There seem to be a lot of unscrupulous people about on ebay lately. Have you tried putting in an official complaint against the seller?

I'm not picky with flawed ponies, particularly with messy hair and marks, as they can usually be fixed very easily, but age spots are an instant no-no. Even if the pony only has one in a hard-to-see area, or appears to be starting with them. It worries me that one spot could end up leading to many more. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 11:54:12 AM »
I would not buy a pony with cancer spots and I would refuse to keep her, I'd open a case with Ebay since it wasn't as shown/described.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »
I have bought ponies with cancer/age spots. I don't like the spots and I wish they didn't happen, but sadly there's nothing you can really do about it. I hate to think about it, but it's a problem that could possibly affect every G1 someday in the future, so I try not to let it bother me so I can enjoy my ponies with or without spots.

Sorry you were disappointed with your pony!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
I don't know if I would deliberately buy one unless it was a harder to find pony, but I do have ponies with spots that I love anyway.  It wasn't cool for the seller to trick you and I would leave poor feedback if she doesn't make it right.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
I would and do buy ones with cancer spots, but that doesn't mean I would be OK with a situation where the seller mislead me about them. Even besides the ethics of it, I usually wouldn't pay as much for one with them either.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
Not intentionally.

Although I was in exactly just the situation you are in.  There ponies looked really good in the photo- but were described as "bait" and apparently that meant - riddled with vinyl deterioration spots.  I was super disappointed.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
I have also bought ponies with cancer spots before because I am not picky, but the seller shouldn't have lied to you about that. I would open up a case with this. She shouldn't have mislead you like that. I am really sorry about your disappointment. :(
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 01:38:29 PM »
I would not buy a pony with cancer spots and I would refuse to keep her, I'd open a case with Ebay since it wasn't as shown/described.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
Not intentionally.

Although I was in exactly just the situation you are in.  There ponies looked really good in the photo- but were described as "bait" and apparently that meant - riddled with vinyl deterioration spots.  I was super disappointed.
That's one of the qualifications for what I would call bait too, though....

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »
I'm agreeing with the majority here; shame on the seller!

That said, for me, personally, it depends on the pony.  I've come to terms with the fact that I will spend a good chunk of time finding a Chief or a Quarterback without spots for the price I'm willing to pay for them, so both of mine do have some discolorations.  It's the same thing with ponies prone to regrind.  I get ones with a small amount of flaws that I'm willing to live with until I can upgrade them at a later time :)

robinharper

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:44 PM »
Thanks for all the kind replies.  The auction wasn't through ebay and the second hand site where I did win the bid doesn't allow to leave feedback for sellers.  But I think the fact that she changed her seller name suddenly does leave something to wonder about.  I am going to keep track of her in any case so I won't buy Ponies from her anymore.  If only there was a way to get rid of those nasty spots ...  Ah, I hate them!!!!! (yep, my first time coming into contact with them  :biggrin:)

I hear people saying lower price for cancer spot Ponies so I wonder how much does a cancer spot problem devalue the Pony?  For instance my Baby Buttons.  She has a long stripe cancer over her back under her hair hidden.  A small spot on her back leg towards her belly.  Her other behind leg has signs of a brown shadow of cancery spots.  And one brown small spot on the bottom of her leg.  For the rest she is in perfect condition.

Hugs
   Robin

Post Merge: January 29, 2015, 02:28:21 PM

By the way, I know people do it and perhaps this is just me ... but I hate bait Ponies!  They are unfairly used!   >_<
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:28:21 PM by robinharper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal