collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help With UK Accessory Identification? Original Six Ponies?  (Read 281 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Help With UK Accessory Identification? Original Six Ponies?
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »
I've finally started the long, hard process of properly cataloguing my MLP collection.  One part of this is to try and go through my bags of loose G1 accessories and put them with the right ponies/see what accessories I need to complete certain sets etc.  But I haven't got a clue where to start!

I know there are several good accessory ID sites but most of them focus on American pony releases.  I would prefer to put ponies with the accessories they came with in the UK, and only use the US accessories for ponies never released here, if that makes sense?

I thought maybe appeal here for MIB pony photos/information on a different set of ponies each week?  I know that will take forever, but it might be the most effective way to get accurate info.  And I'm always up for drooling over MIB pony photos! :P

So let's start at the very beginning, the original six ponies (both flat and concave feet).  Probably one of the hardest sets.  Do we even know how they were released in the UK?  I think Blossom and Cotton Candy were sold on regular cards, but the others are a bit of a mystery.  Butterscotch had her Gymkhana Playset and Snuzzle came with some Grooming Parlours and Baby Strollers.  What about Blue Belle and Minty?

If anybody has MIB pictures or proper UK accessory checklists, I would be thrilled to hear from you!  Thanks! :)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help With UK Accessory Identification? Original Six Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »
Taffeta was working on the definitive UK guide many moons ago.  She never completed it, but it's still up:

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/

It's not accessory focused, but it's a place to start!  Taffeta was REALLY big on getting accurate UK information out there about releases and names.  It's a good place to pull together a checklist if you're trying to figure out what was released in the UK and what wasn't.

I know somebody who is collecting UK ponies and their accessories, and I think she put together a list of who came with what.  I'll point her in this direction.

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »
That is one cool site to hop around on already.  I saved it in my favourites.

Hugs
  Robin

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
The file I made up shows some of the UK only accessories. (link in Sig) If you look at the far right columns I have a record of the MOC pics I've taken the information from. If I"m not sure of the origin it's marked with an X. Greatponies and Taffeta's site are great to look at for pictures of the accessories.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
Oh yes, Taff was always one to try to catalogue the UK side! She has most of the early years stuff done. Unfortunately, the UK issue is never easy!

Although FF ponies do pop up here, it's not in very big numbers, which leads me to believe that they may not have been sold here through official channels.

Cotton Candy and Blossom, as you rightly mentioned, were re-released with the year 2 earth ponies. Then there was Butterscotch gymkhana and Snuzzle as an extra to playsets. These four are more common than Minty and Bluebelle in the UK for definite.

But Bluebelle and Minty do turn up here. And they were sold here I believe, just... oddly.

I have a Butterscotch in a bag with a simplistic card top. There are other ponies like this as well, including the other CP ones. What it appears happened is that at the end of the Mail Order line(s) in the UK, excess MO ponies were sold in the UK for cheap. My Butterscotch has a hand written label of £1.50 on, and the person I got it from had bought a number like that new from a shop (I wish I could ask her which one now! I haven't seen her around in a long time)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:20:18 PM »
I have a complete list of UK/Euro accessories :) so I can help with later sets. But as others have mentioned on the these girls the releases we know of were the same.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »
I am stalking this thread with a big excited smile on my face  :lol:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline wondermintUK

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Also stalking this thread :)

I am in the UK and Minty was my first pony and Blue Belle was my sister's first pony.  We got them from Santa Claus the first year MLP came out ;) I had been patiently waiting for my first pony after seeing the original six advertised in a comic.  I still have both ponies and their accessories - they are both FF and came with the same colour of accessories as are usually listed (light aqua blue for Minty and white for Blue Belle).  I'm pretty sure I remember they were on bubble card packaging. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal